Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    March 25, 1989.

Getting tired of being told he's just a scorer and Magic Johnson is a winner, Mike led the Bulls to a sweep of a Western Conference trip with 21 points, 12 rebounds and 12 assists. It is a period of 14 games in which he averaged 32.6 points, 10.3 rebounds and 11.9 assists and recorded 11 triple-doubles in the 14 games, twice also while scoring more than 40 points

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    greatest basketball player ever

I Am Jack's Smirking Revenge atxrocker's Avatar
    My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    jordan is a god on the court. he was such a huge compe or and always did anything he had to to win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its funny to think about the fact that after he won 3 les in a row, he said to himself, "ok, I think I'll retire." He retires, gets bored, comes back and wins three more freakin les in a row.

A lot of NBA players retired ringless because of him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    huh he was forced to retire because of his gambling. anyway it is impressive he came back and won 3 more, but he's Jordan

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Doesn't get any better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oh yeah, gambling, I forgot all about that.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He was pretty awesome...no doubt. It's funny that when he started winning rings his individual stats dipped a little....shows you what a team can do.

U Have Bad Understanding Sportcamper's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Jordan is far from being the greatest…If anyone with basketball sense constructed a team of all time they would pick...
    1- Magic
    2- Wilt
    3- Kobe
    4- West
    5- Ok Maybe Jordan can be the 5th or 6th pick…But no way in the top 4….
    The only reason that the Bulls ever won a Championship is because the Lakers & the Celtics were rebuilding after many decades of Championships…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jordan is far from being the greatest…If anyone with basketball sense constructed a team of all time they would pick...
    1- Magic
    2- Wilt
    3- Kobe
    4- West
    The only reason that the Bulls ever won a Championship is because the Lakers & the Celtics were rebuilding after many decades of Championships…
    SpursDynasty?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    WTF Jordan is the greatest individual talent at the SG position the NBA has ever seen. Better than Kobe, and I'm a Laker and Kobe fan.

Kobe is the only SG in the NBA that is even on Jordan's level though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1- Magic
    2- Wilt
    3- Kobe
    4- West
    No way Jordan is #5. You forgot Kareem, Elgin Baylor, Shaq, James Worthy, Gail Goodrich, Norm Nixon, Rick Fox, Andrew Bynum, and Sedale Threatt.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    The only players arguably better than Jordan as individual players in the entire history of the game are Wilt and Oscar. Not Magic, not Kobe, no one else.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    1- Magic
    2- Wilt
    3- Kobe
    4- West

Okay there must be something wrong with you. how could you say that Jordan is maybe 5th or 6th?!?!?!?! He's the greatest player to step foot on a basketball court. I don't understand how your brain could even let you think that Jordan isn't the best. That's ridiculous.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way Jordan is #5. You forgot Kareem, Elgin Baylor, Shaq, James Worthy, Gail Goodrich, Norm Nixon, Rick Fox, Andrew Bynum, and Sedale Threatt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For me, Magic and Jordan share the # 1 spot.

You can't forget the performance Magic had as a rookie in game 6 vs Philly; okay, he didn't really play center (overhyped), but still, as a rook, and without Kareem, it's an amazing performance.

Also, Magic had to face the Cletics on a regular basis.

He won 5 les

Apperead in 9 Finals

He could have won 6 les and threepeated if he didn't get injured vs Detroit in that 1st game in 1989.

Optomistic but Realistic MrChug's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1- Magic
    2- Wilt
    3- Kobe
    4- West
    Awwww...we have a "special" one on our hands kids!

Look re , this has to be the stupidest argument ever. That's like taking away the Heat championship, Pistons, Rockets, and Spurs championships because there were no other dominant teams at that moment.

You know why? BECAUSE THE PISTONS/ROCKETS/HEAT & SPURS dominated the rest of the compe ion, that's not their fault. They outplayed the competion, that's what you need to do to win...I'll give you another point of logic JUST as obvious: YOU NEED TO HEAT SOMETHING UP TO MAKE IT HOT.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    People say the Bulls never faced anyone. Let me explain why. Jordan never allowed anyone in the 90s to be even close to their level. Utah, Phoenix, Portland were all good teams, they all won 60+ in those regular seasons and simply couldn't threaten the Bulls. They were that good, and the 96 Bulls are easily the best team ever. Forget matchups, no one stops that Jordan from taking over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lot of NBA players retired ringless because of him.
    And then there was Hakeem Olajuwon, whose Rockets won two les because of his retirement.

Never would have happened had Michael played full time in both 1994 and 1995.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And then there was Hakeem Olajuwon, whose Rockets won two les because of his retirement.

Never would have happened had Michael played full time in both 1994 and 1995.
    Conjecture. Those Rockets were pretty awesome. Hakeem was the most dominant, versatile big the NBA had seen in a long time during those runs.

You can't take a le away from a team because someone else called it quits.

If Jordan DOESNT retire, maybe he loses his compe ive fire just a bit and the Bulls flame out early? Predicting what would have happened is hearsay.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    March 25, 1989.

Getting tired of being told he's just a scorer and Magic Johnson is a winner, Mike led the Bulls to a sweep of a Western Conference trip with 21 points, 12 rebounds and 12 assists. It is a period of 14 games in which he averaged 32.6 points, 10.3 rebounds and 11.9 assists and recorded 11 triple-doubles in the 14 games, twice also while scoring more than 40 points
    Yea, I believe that was a stretch of games where Phil experimented with playing him at PG.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    what do you mean he was forced to retire because of his gambling? if it was so bad he would have to play more to earn more money correct?

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Its funny to think about the fact that after he won 3 les in a row, he said to himself, "ok, I think I'll retire." He retires, gets bored, comes back and wins three more freakin les in a row.

A lot of great NBA players retired ringless because of him.
    Just to be more specific.

Veteran
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    People say the Bulls never faced anyone. Let me explain why. Jordan never allowed anyone in the 90s to be even close to their level. Utah, Phoenix, Portland were all good teams, they all won 60+ in those regular seasons and simply couldn't threaten the Bulls. They were that good, and the 96 Bulls are easily the best team ever. Forget matchups, no one stops that Jordan from taking over.

And the Payton and Kemp Sonics were no slouches either. Utah had Stockton and Malone. Phoenix had KJ and Barkley and the Lakers team in 91 was stacked.

THANK YOU BASED NEAL ClingingMars's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Michael Jordan was the best basketball player ever.

Really simple, folks.

-Mars

Thread Information