Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biggest surprise from the bubble so far is that the Spurs managed to win a game tbh

Glad Keldon is looking solid at least.
    Also that last year's Derrick White still exists.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    memphis has three more wins than the spurs. they both have four games remaining.

idk what effect the new seeding rules may have.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m one of lonnies biggest fans but keldon has overwhelmingly played better

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That sixers loss really hurts now. Spurs have basically ended their hopes of a play in
    Was obvious the moment it happened. Didn't understand the fake optimism crowd spin job on that one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was a win win in my eyes. If this team got in great they get to continue the streak. If they didn't then we get a desperately needed lottery pick.
    Our position wohld have largely been the same regardless of 10, 9, or 8.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We need more modern SF/PFs. We have the SG/SF talent.

Again these last 2 games are really showing where we could use Lyles, More balanced SL and bench rotation.

Dejounte, White, DeRozan, Lyles, Poeltl

Patty (Quinn), Keldon, Walker, Gay, Eubanks

We have been forced to double too much against 76ers and Nuggets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon Johnson has taken Lonnie Walker’s minutes. Lmao.

Lonnie needs to be as aggressive as Keldon. If he was as aggressive as Keldon he would be a damn star player but he has been kinda passive which is kinda odd due to how aggressive he was in Summer League.

our lack of bigger players have done us in the last 2 games but I honestly like a lot of what I’ve seen from this team in the 4 games they have played.
    Agreed tbh. Lonnie has been severely neutered, any fire/passion that he had has been replaced by looking over his shoulder because he knows that one mistake and he's going to the bench.

I don't think he's mentally strong enough to overcome a garbage coach unfortunately.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Spurs

Starters MIN FG 3PT FT OREB DREB REB AST STL BLK TO PF +/- PTS
    D. DeRozanSF 32 5-11 0-2 8-9 1 4 5 8 1 2 2 3 -6 18
    J. PoeltlC 26 1-5 0-0 0-0 3 4 7 1 0 0 1 1 -12 2
    D. WhitePG 33 6-15 4-10 7-8 1 2 3 7 2 1 1 4 -5 23
    D. MurrayPG 26 2-8 0-2 0-0 0 1 1 3 3 0 0 1 -19 4
    L. Walker IVSG 21 4-7 1-3 0-0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 -16 9
    Bench MIN FG 3PT FT OREB DREB REB AST STL BLK TO PF +/- PTS
    D. EubanksPF 18 6-8 0-0 0-0 3 2 5 1 1 0 1 1 +6 12
    R. GaySF 26 9-18 2-6 4-6 0 4 4 4 1 2 0 5 -2 24
    K. JohnsonSF 26 7-10 2-2 4-4 1 5 6 2 1 0 0 2 +8 20
    P. MillsPG 22 6-10 2-5 0-0 1 2 3 3 0 0 1 3 +13 14
    Q. WeatherspoonSG 9 0-1 0-0 0-0 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 0 +3 0
    C. MetuPF DNP-COACH'S DECISION
    T. ZellerC DNP-COACH'S DECISION
    M. BelinelliSG DNP-COACH'S DECISION
    TEAM 46-93 11-30 23-27 10 25 35 29 10 5 7 20 126
    49.5% 36.7% 85.2%

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed tbh. Lonnie has been severely neutered, any fire/passion that he had has been replaced by looking over his shoulder because he knows that one mistake and he's going to the bench.

I don't think he's mentally strong enough to overcome a garbage coach unfortunately.
    pop really hasnt done him any favors,tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poodle really has the bed and murray continues to be a ing yoyo

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Our position wohld have largely been the same regardless of 10, 9, or 8.
    If the Spurs were the 8th seed they would have ended up with the 14th pick. A few slots above 14 can make a difference in who you land.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also that last year's Derrick White still exists.
    They'll probably let him walk to keep Derozan/Forbes. The disgusting thing is I could really see Pop advocating for that scenario if he's still around.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup. We've missed Aldridge tremendously in these games. Not only offensively but his defense is sorely missed.

But aren't you one of LMA's biggest detractors?
    no, I just point out what I see, however, Spurs at this point not only lose Aldridge's talent, but they also lose size (Lyles out, Jakob playing as a rookie splitter etc.).

as I see, all of our kids are more prepared to play as guards than as wings, and our lack of size will still be exploited by good teams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patty mills wih another meaningless double digit scoring effort

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we gave DJ 60 for 4 years how much will Derrick want? He is clearly better.
    You ain’t never lied.

a few of us last year and the beginning of this season said White was the better PG but some folks shouted us down.

It is going to suck when White (or even Lonnie which I can see them trading) is traded during the off-season or not given a new contract. Yes he is a little older than the young guys be he proved last season he was a player and Pop gave Dejounte the starting job instead of making him earn it.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not even one of the Dejounte haters around here, but IG Baller is extremely disappointing. Another bad performance with horrible defense. I don't know what has happened to him on that end after making an all-defensive team at such a young age.
    His entire game sucked today. Ofense and Defense. Spurs made a mistake trying to develop this low iq player into a point guard. Murray's ceiling should always have been as a 3 and D player. And recently, it's looking like his defense isn't even there anymore.

And Poodle is a joke of a player. It's because of guys like him that the cliches about soft Euro bigs exist. He single-handley ruined that run we had in the 3rd. Two years with the Spurs and he looks no different than when he first came here. There's no upside or room for growth here. He's a soft piece of . He'll always be a soft piece of .

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wanted to draft as high as possible anyway.

I'm chill with whatever happens at this point.

How did Derrick do down the stretch?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a basketball expert by any means and probably something heard before...The Spurs game plan looks sooo outdated (can it be called a game plan at this stage?). I only watched the second half and that offense looks pedestrian to say the least. No ball movement, no three ball...all Denver had to do was pack the paint and let the Spurs players take cringeworthy turns in driving into the bucket hitting walls, kicking the ball out and pushing the re set button for another drive with with mixed success. On the other side of the court Denver was cruising and scoring at will with a wide offensive repertoire. in addition to the outdated coaching there is a glaring lack of talent in the roster, compensated with the undoubted enthusiasm of the youngsters that appeared a tad confused with the over coaching.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ewwbanks looks great compared to poodle

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His entire game sucked today. Ofense and Defense. Spurs made a mistake trying to develop this low iq player into a point guard. Murray's ceiling should always have been as a 3 and D player. And recently, it's looking like his defense isn't even there anymore.

And Poodle is a joke of a player. It's because of guys like him that the cliches about soft Euro bigs exist. He single-handley ruined that run we had in the 3rd. Two years with the Spurs and he looks no different than when he first came here. There's no upside or room for growth here. He's a soft piece of . He'll always be a soft piece of .

But hes only 25

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You frankly can't be upset at 2-2. They are in the mix, and without LMA this is probably better than most would have expected at this point.

Kledon and Derrick look great. Lonnie, not so much. Murray has been inconsistent and probably a bit disappointing to be honest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge always played well against Denver. His presence was sorely missed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last two games against premier bigmen in Jokic and Embiid he's gotten his ass whooped. He couldn't offer any type of defensive resistance against those guys.
    Yep. People would’ve nailed Aldridge at the stake if he performed like this. It’s disgraceful

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's actually quite amazing how Pop has managed to get a bunch of 20-25 year olds in their athletic prime to play like 15 year veterans on their last legs

It's so frustratingly clear that he has no idea how to coach athleticism at his age. Just swinging it around the perimeter looking for "good to great", so ing depressing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You frankly can't be upset at 2-2. They are in the mix, and without LMA this is probably better than most would have expected at this point.

Kledon and Derrick look great. Lonnie, not so much. Murray has been inconsistent and probably a bit disappointing to be honest.
    "Probably disappointing?"

He's been absolutely atrocious outside of 1 good game and that's not even taking into consideration the huge extension he got.

Thread Information