Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, so you want him to come in and light up or else he isnt "ready"? That's not how it works, buddy. Theres a learning curve for everyone. He hasn't been given that chance to learn.
    Generally don’t agree with this got, but he’s spot on here.

Cant judge a guy after so little playing time. Add to that how ing poor Belli is playing and there isn’t really a good reason to not give him some more run tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    See how OKC treats Bazley last night. He looks like a deer in headlights. For as much potential Bazley looks like he has, it is being ruined by OKC throwing him out to the wolves like that. He is going to end up being a mediocre player in the long run. This is what the impatient "fans" here are missing.
    https://www.thestepien.com/2019/11/0...ility-failure/

Or this guy...

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know, I want the kid to get a fair shot instead of just continuing to trot out the same low ceiling, no defense playing loser. What a koolaid drinker and idiot I am.
    Pop is saving Belis spot for him... I know this cause DeMarre should of been had belis minutes. For the hundredth time you can at least run a team with Beli on the floor. And people still faceguard him so he provides space. The spot is Lonnies for the taking. He just needs to do the basics.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If this kid were to demand a trade, then he would not be Spurs material and probably not NBA material. I think you have to do something in the NBA before you can consider yourself so important that you have to be traded.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It blows my mind that two short stints are enough for some people to form an opinion. It's insane, really.
    Agreed. WE all want Lonnie to succeed. But he hasn't shown much so far. And the coaching staff also see him in practice. They know more about the present state of his readiness than we possibly can. Sure, game time is the best, but it isn't the only way for them to evaluate him. And, again, I've seen nothing in his short stints that made me think he's ready to unseat anyone. Trey Lyles, brand new to the Spurs, looks a lot better than Lonnie who has more time in the system.
    While FkLA has a valid point- it's concerning that he is not getting minutes.
    DJM, DW and Kyle Anderson all played in 65+ games as a second year- so I suspect there are some concerns.
    Of course this could all change in a few more games.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While FkLA has a valid point- it's concerning that he is not getting minutes.
    DJM, DW and Kyle Anderson all played in 65+ games as a second year- so I suspect there are some concerns.
    Of course this could all change in a few more games.
    Most of those games were rest games and garbage time I would imagine... Lonnie has been in 5 games out of 8 technically. White was out of necessity as well as Murray. There’s no necessity for Lonnie nor has he played well and that’s a massive understatement.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The guy may have NBA level talent but not NBA level skill yet--from the few minutes he's gotten on the court he just seems completely lost--its fine he's still very young and with help from the Spurs coaching staff he'll figure it out..

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In years past, you would see someone like Boban get only garbage minutes and then all of a sudden, the Spurs would play some really bad team like Philadelphia and they would give Boban a chance to play. I feel like Lonnie is in a similar situation as Boban's 2nd year. The problem is, this year the Spurs are a worse team overall, so 1) there is a lot less garbage time and 2) they are not so much better than the last place teams that they can just rest their starters. For reference, here is a game log of Boban's 2nd year with the Spurs:

https://www.basketball-reference.com...1/gamelog/2016

You can see he started to get more playing time just after Christmas.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In years past, you would see someone like Boban get only garbage minutes and then all of a sudden, the Spurs would play some really bad team like Philadelphia and they would give Boban a chance to play. I feel like Lonnie is in a similar situation as Boban's 2nd year. The problem is, this year the Spurs are a worse team overall, so 1) there is a lot less garbage time and 2) they are not so much better than the last place teams that they can just rest their starters. For reference, here is a game log of Boban's 2nd year with the Spurs:

https://www.basketball-reference.com...1/gamelog/2016

You can see he started to get more playing time just after Christmas.
    Boban only played here for one year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would love for Lonnie to be traded tbh. To see him on the Sniffers here would be great, just needs the opportunity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would love for Lonnie to be traded tbh. To see him on the Sniffers here would be great, just needs the opportunity.
    This means you're not a Spursfan.

Also, you're a got. But that's probably not relevant to this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This means you're not a Spursfan.

Also, you're a got. But that's probably not relevant to this.
    Bold card to play with that avatar tbh.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pro-Lonnie? How about just pro-Spurs? Doesn't take a genius to realize that he has a higher ceiling than that Italian piece of Pop continues to trot out.
    Pop could be trying to make Walker earn his time instead of just handing it to him. I'll trust him to play the long game here as much as it sucks seeing Bellinelli on the floor.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would love to see him traded too or sent to the G league where he belongs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If this kid were to demand a trade, then he would not be Spurs material and probably not NBA material. I think you have to do something in the NBA before you can consider yourself so important that you have to be traded.
    it's because most crying have never paid their dues for anything.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Walker might not be able to but at this rate White just might.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wish I could be sure of this but I think it take very little change in Lonnie’s play and he will see more PT.
    All he needs to do is find his presence on the court. It’s like he needs to relax and play and do the things I am sure he has been taught. Breathe man and the show us what you can do.

He reminds me of when I first spied Vince Young at UT. You could see special. Walker has that. He needs to figure out how to harness it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes indeed, a trade to the Austin Spurs would be perfect for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Walker might not be able to but at this rate White just might.
    Yeah, his coach picked him for the US select team, promoted him to he US Men’s senior tram, and took him to the FIBA World Cup. I’m sure he’s furious.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    at 9 minutes being enough to come to a conclusion about him

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Sniffers actually justifying playing Bellini/Mills over Lonnie Walker/Derrick White.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still blows my mind that the emo ankle biters here think the Spurs are terrible at player development.

Thread Information