Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I so want this to happen. But to you all that have more knowledge about the Magic, why would it be a good move for Magic to move Gordon for DDR? Or anyone for Derozan for that matter.
    Pressure to make the playoffs I would imagine, demar maybe a choker but he can lead a team to the playoffs in east and also with Jonathan Isaac emergence Gordon kinda becomes expendable for them

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wait till December and get me Ross and Gordon for Belinelli and DeRozan
    Is this an insider post?

Lets see what the lineup would look like:

Murray/ White/ Quinndary
    Forbes/ Mills
    Lonnie/ Carroll
    Gordon/ Lyles/ Samanic
    Aldridge/ Poetl/ Eubanks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this an insider post?

Murray/ White/ Quinndary
    Forbes/ Mills
    Lonnie/ Carroll
    Gordon/ Lyles/ Samanic
    Aldridge/ Poetl/ Eubanks
    So where's Rudy in your lineup?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want Jonathan Isaac. 6'11 combo F, can score and is great on D. Avg 3 blocks per game right now.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    makes no sense for orlando magic unless we sweeten the pot by adding some picks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    watched a lot of Magic games this year, Gordon sucks, low iq chucker who has shown little improvement year over year... he's much better in theory than reality as an athletic young prospect that puts up meaningless stats.

Case in point.. Last week against the Mavs, Orlando was down 1 w 40 seconds left and Gordon commits an off-hand push off offensive foul, Mavs turned it over and Gordon takes the ball down the court and commits the same off-hand push-off and turns it over again. If Spurs fans are frustrated with Derozan they'd kill themselves with Gordon. Spurs should throw in LWIV and get Isaac tbh..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    watched a lot of Magic games this year, Gordon sucks, low iq chucker who has shown little improvement year over year... he's much better in theory than reality as an athletic young prospect that puts up meaningless stats.

Case in point.. Last week against the Mavs, Orlando was down 1 w 40 seconds left and Gordon commits an off-hand push off offensive foul, Mavs turned it over and Gordon takes the ball down the court and commits the same off-hand push-off and turns it over again. If Spurs fans are frustrated with Derozan they'd kill themselves with Gordon. Spurs should throw in LWIV and get Isaac tbh..
    Those calls against Gordon were bad calls. Very questionable. Gordon makes more sense in the starting lineup than DeRozan if you're keeping Aldridge. Slide White into the starting 2 slot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those calls against Gordon were bad calls. Very questionable. Gordon makes more sense in the starting lineup than DeRozan if you're keeping Aldridge. Slide White into the starting 2 slot.
    My sources ( MoSpur02 ) hasn't heard anything so this is all speculation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wait, this seems pretty odd.

ST says we should trade DDr to Orlando. Reports come out that there are rumors of a trade of of DDR to Orlando. ST starts posting articles about rumors of a trade that seems to have come from ST.

The reason it was spoken about here was because it was stuff people heard being discussed (to what degree, not sure). It’s just that others are hearing this stuff now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want Jonathan Isaac. 6'11 combo F, can score and is great on D. Avg 3 blocks per game right now.
    Part of the reason Gordon may be available is due to the Isaac breakout. They have Vuc, Isaac and Bamba but lack backcourt punch. ORL made the playoffs and wants to continue that and Gordon is blocking Isaac some.

Isaac will not be traded IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not really those calls were pretty obvious push-offs and will be called every time.. dude is a career 32% 3P shooter and is 28% on the year, spacing issues that exist now will still exist with gordon. Spurs should go after Isaac..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly right. He fits better than DeRozan does, is younger and locked in for a few years and plays a position that is a true need. He would free up minutes for the younger guys as well while still keeping the team around the same compe iveness right now (but also continues the win-build)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not really those calls were pretty obvious push-offs and will be called every time.. dude is a career 32% 3P shooter and is 28% on the year, spacing issues that exist now will still exist with gordon. Spurs should go after Isaac..
    Not happening. Gordon isn’t a great shooter, but the fact he attempts them, unlike DeRozan is huge. He can also play make from that spot and fits way better with Murray/White/Forbes and pushing the pace in transition which is the strong suit of having Murray.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    agree, isaac or bamba should be our target. Then we could trade lma and ddr.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's another article down the page that's probably more to the point. The question nobody seems to be asking is: "If DeRozan was the wrong move for the Spurs, why would it be the right move for Orlando?"

https://syndication.bleacherreport.c...32192380004833

Second-guessing the San Antonio Spurs seldom seems advisable, but they've given us no other choice.
    How did they not start over when Kawhi Leonard forced his way out in 2018? Why make a now-30-year-old DeMar DeRozan the centerpiece of that exchange and only collect one first-rounder—not even a lottery pick—while giving up both Leonard and Danny Green (i.e. 40 percent of the Toronto Raptors' championship starting five)?
    Why were they mulling a possible max extension for DeRozan before the season, as Mike Finger reported for the San Antonio Express-News? Why did they feel it necessary to fully guarantee Aldridge's $24 million option for the 2020-21 season eight months before they needed to?

Are they seeing something we don't? Because to us, these look like 30-somethings who are in decline and incapable of leading a team to anything more than one of the West's final playoff spots. Embracing mid-range chuckers in a time of analytics feels not like a zig against a league-wide zag, but rather simply applying an outdated approach and shrinking the team's ceiling because of it.
    "A seemingly unwavering faith in post-ups, long 2s and Marco Belinelli has locals and outsiders alike wondering, for the first time in eons, if the Spurs are behind the curve rather than ahead of it," The Athletic's John Hollinger wrote.
    They don't have an elite player on the roster. They have no guaranteed future stars, either. Dejounte Murray comes closest, but he's facing a treacherous path to get there as a non-shooting perimeter player.
    San Antonio should embark on the fire sale that it should've had as soon as Leonard wanted out. The rewards won't be nearly as rich as they could have been, but anything that moves the Spurs away from this forgettable present and toward whatever the future holds is worth exploring.

Hollinger with some incredible truth bombs that all of us have been saying on here for years

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I also personally believe that a trade would happen well before the deadline if it’s going to happen. I think Pop will be reluctant but if Gordon is actually put on the table, they would want as much time as possible to gel and try to make the playoffs still.

But it’s going to take some more losses I think before Pop signs off on anything.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A trade will happen after Dec 15

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isaac/Bamba are obviously the two prospects I'd want but idk if they'll part with Isaac.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this an insider post?

Murray/ White/ Quinndary
    Forbes/ Mills
    Lonnie/ Carroll
    Gordon/ Lyles/ Samanic
    Aldridge/ Poetl/ Eubanks
    Nah. I don't have any inside info right now regarding any trades the Spurs might make.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know Murray needs to grow a of a lot, but one of his issues is he needs young athletic running mates. Dude grabs the board and goes, but no one is there the fill the lanes for him.

This is one of the reasons Pop over playing but vets like Beli and Patty is frustrating.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It has to be Gordon. Not a fan of his but he seems to be the one they'd dangle for salary purposes. No way they're giving up Isaac or Vuc. Wouldn't mind Ross AND Gordon for Beli and DD

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hollinger with some incredible truth bombs that all of us have been saying on here for years
    Some people here are slow to the take while some of us (recently coined the "edgelords") have been shouting this from the rooftops for the past year or so.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wait till December and get me Ross and Gordon for Belinelli and DeRozan
    That would be the best move for our roster

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DD/Belli for Gordon/Fournier and don't ing look back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been suggesting this move for a while now. With the report coming out I guess it won't happen. Pure speculation. Expect Flopovich to stand pat and keep trying to put a square peg into a round hole

Thread Information