Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn. Least it’s not the warriors I guess.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everyone's leaving, won't be long until we're the Vegas or Austin Spurs. You gotta expect no more than 20 or 25 wins this season with the AT&T Center being about 10% full, hence why the Spurs are playing HOME games away from San Antonio.... which no other franchise is really doing this season.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    him leaving the Spurs for OKC should tell you everything you need to know...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everyone's leaving, won't be long until we're the Vegas or Austin Spurs. You gotta expect no more than 20 or 25 wins this season with the AT&T Center being about 10% full, hence why the Spurs are playing HOME games away from San Antonio.... which no other franchise is really doing this season.
    the one person that actually should leave is still there

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Huge blow to the Spurs tbh. Figured he’d be headed to a contender, but the fact that he’s leaving for another rebuild says a lot. Me thinks he knows this is Pop’s last season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cue the sky is falling team is moving etc comments

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So he’s gone as of now? Initial reports just mentioned that he’d be leaving when his contract is finished…does this mean his contract was already up and he’ll be with OKC starting this season?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    him leaving the Spurs for OKC should tell you everything you need to know...
    It tells you Pop’s not long on the sideline.

People have left this organization for the better part of two decades. They move on and move up. It’s kind of a thing. Kerr, and Bud have won les, and Mike Brown and Avery took teams to the Finals. Coaches from the Spurs are desirable hires. That’s what it tellls you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So he’s gone as of now? Initial reports just mentioned that he’d be leaving when his contract is finished…does this mean his contract was already up and he’ll be with OKC starting this season?
    The initial feedback was that his contract was up at the end of July. It’s pretty much the end of July.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who was the shooting coach before him? Exactly…… please cut the BS! We had won three les before he stepped into the building; he’s one of the best I’m sure but we will be fine. ��

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watch him turn Josh Giddey into a sniper and a future All-Star

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It tells you Pop’s not long on the sideline.

People have left this organization for the better part of two decades. They move on and move up. It’s kind of a thing. Kerr, and Bud have won les, and Mike Brown and Avery took teams to the Finals. Coaches from the Spurs are desirable hires. That’s what it tellls you.
    Pop is still here and him leaving for another rebuilding team says a lot. Before that people here were assuming he was joining the Warriors or would retire, but of course you sniffers will find another excuse why it's all good

Crowned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I appreciate the consistency of coaches, but wasn’t the big story that he was the first real dedicated shooting coach in the NBA? Parker and Kawhi improved a lot, obviously. And others along the way, but none as accomplished as KL and TP. But, it’s not like Chip was a magic unicorn who had unlocked some secret that nobody else could.

It’s that the Spurs were the first team that hired a guy that specialized in just that. Now, all the teams have dedicated shooting coaches.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    JFC, people. He isn't the only shooting coach in the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From the story, it sounds like the Holts got cheap because it mentioned that Engelland and the Spurs couldn't agree on a new contract.... Our owners have got to be one of the stingiest owners in the league, while making us pay out the ass for ticket prices to see the worst team in the league.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Always wonder if Leonard would have ended up another Michael Kidd-Gilchrist without Chip. The form on his shot at San Diego State was horrible like you shoot when you're a little kid, bringing the ball behind your head and chunking it. After a couple of years with Chip, Leonard had a jumper that looked like Kobe's.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watch him turn Josh Giddey into a sniper and a future All-Star
    Maybe

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is still here and him leaving for another rebuilding team says a lot. Before that people here were assuming he was joining the Warriors or would retire, but of course you sniffers will find another excuse why it's all good
    and haters will find a reason to say why it's all bad. every once in a while, someone is right. that's the nature of ST.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wojnarowski said it was because they couldn't agree to terms on a new contract.

I don't view this as the catastrophe many do, but for an organization that has seen a mass exodus in recent years and constant hits to their reputation, you'd think if for no other reason than to stem the tide and show the rest of the league they can't just poach whoever, whenever, that they'd have one time not been cheap.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From the story, it sounds like the Holts got cheap because it mentioned that Engelland and the Spurs couldn't agree on a new contract.... Our owners have got to be one of the stingiest owners in the league, while making us pay out the ass for ticket prices to see the worst team in the league.
    A ton of front office people from championship teams have move on to other NBA teams. Spurs relative advantages is maybe now all gone!

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wojnarowski said it was because they couldn't agree to terms on a new contract.

I don't view this as the catastrophe many do, but for an organization that has seen a mass exodus in recent years and constant hits to their reputation, you'd think if for no other reason than to stem the tide and show the rest of the league they can't just poach whoever, whenever, that they'd have one time not been cheap.
    So Holt's kid was being cheap? Great.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Holt's kid was being cheap? Great.
    that might explain those crappy uniforms. maybe they were done at sam's emroidery after all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People here made bad assumptions. Wouldn't be the first time.

Bret Brown left for The Process. Mike Bud left for what appeared to be an ATL rebuild, dumping Josh Smith, until he pulled a rabbit out of a hat. Borrego took jobs in Orlando and Charlotte. Not every job is a plum. Some people like a challenge.

Thread Information