Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not good for Ivanka if NYT is correct on deductions
    Consulting is a legitimate business expense. Nothing in the tax code says you can't pay it to a family member.

Obviously Ivanka paid her state and federal income tax or they would be screaming about that.

New yorks corporate income tax is 8.5%. If they disallow the deduction Trump pays less than $70.000 plus interest and there is no crime.

Nothingburger

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    US covid case surge over 12 million cases and over 250k deaths but presidents continues to go golfing!

Sure, makes sense why idiots love him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Go to DuckDuckGo and type it in
    You don’t know

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Consulting is a legitimate business expense. Nothing in the tax code says you can't pay it to a family member.

Obviously Ivanka paid her state and federal income tax or they would be screaming about that.

New yorks corporate income tax is 8.5%. If they disallow the deduction Trump pays less than $70.000 plus interest and there is no crime.

Nothingburger
    NY AG is working to show that Trump has a history of tax/financial criminal activity related his shady business practices (e.g., values of property for loan and tax purposes, stiffing people on contracts). Add that Ivanka was already an employee for trump and then gets consulting money. Without proof of what she did to earn extra money, this would show court a pattern of criminal activity (RICO) that could lead to major civil penalties/forfeitures plus time in jail.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NY AG is working to show that Trump has a history of tax/financial criminal activity related his shady business practices (e.g., values of property for loan and tax purposes, stiffing people on contracts). Add that Ivanka was already an employee for trump and then gets consulting money. Without proof of what she did to earn extra money, this would show court a pattern of criminal activity (RICO) that could lead to major civil penalties/forfeitures plus time in jail.
    No one has ever gone to jail for having a deduction disallowed. Civil penalties and fines, but no jail time.

As for the property value thing. Everybody does it. I own multiple properties and hire professionals every year to fight my tax appraisals. They would all sell for more than the county appraisal. Putting that real value (or what you think the real value is) on your financial statement is not a crime. The bank is well within its right to do its own property appraisal.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    As for the property value thing. Everybody does it. I own multiple properties and hire professionals every year to fight my tax appraisals.
    Good luck explaining that on here. People don't seem to understand there's nothing illegal about hiring appraisers/consultants to fight with municipalities about taxable value and that everyone who's ever invested in real estate does it. You'd be stupid not to.

Paying Ivanka bull consulting fees to evade taxes isn't something he's going to jail over either. It's illegal and it's tax fraud but it's not something so bad that makes it so a good lawyer can't prevent jail time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    US covid case surge over 12 million cases and over 250k deaths but presidents continues to go golfing!

Sure, makes sense why idiots love him.
    7.5m have recovered.

450K die every year from self inflicted illnesses yet the POTUS plays golf.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one has ever gone to jail for having a deduction disallowed. Civil penalties and fines, but no jail time.

As for the property value thing. Everybody does it. I own multiple properties and hire professionals every year to fight my tax appraisals. They would all sell for more than the county appraisal. Putting that real value (or what you think the real value is) on your financial statement is not a crime. The bank is well within its right to do its own property appraisal.
    But you're an evil white businessman.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Barbershop expertise

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    7.5m have recovered.

200 billion ants die a year

Yay! Lets keep throwing irrelevant statistics

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    200 billion ants die a year

Yay! Lets keep throwing irrelevant statistics
    So you think the POTUS can solve the COVID crisis if he just leaves the golf course? Or are you one of those "optics" re s who is more concerned with appearance than results?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Barbershop expertise

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ivanka was already an employee,

then they dumped $10Ks more on her for "consulting".

IRS violation.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    7.5m have recovered.

Barbershop expertise

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ivanka was already an employee,

then they dumped $10Ks more on her for "consulting".

IRS violation.
    Not necessarily. The payment was to a company she was part owner of. It is always possible the company did legitimate work.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not necessarily. The payment was to a company she was part owner of. It is always possible the company did legitimate work.

A trump doing legitimate work.

NY AG will go for RICO charges and trump will plead to lesser charges and stiff penalties. Especially since he owes lots of money and protracted litigation is not in his favor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

A trump doing legitimate work.

NY AG will go for RICO charges and trump will plead to lesser charges and stiff penalties. Especially since he owes lots of money and protracted litigation is not in his favor.

RICO

Nope.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it’s shocking to see you defend trump. Shocking.

you’d think someone as anti trump, as you claim to be, would not even care if they go to jail.

yet here you are.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

you’d think someone as anti trump, as you claim to be, would not even care if they go to jail.

yet here you are.

I'm not defending Trump.

I am replying to you idiots claiming stupid like states pursuing RICO claims.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

sure

as long as ALL do ents and affidavits MATCH

he is clear...

once the prosecutors discover discrepancies and they sift through the do ents the court orders released

then prosecutors can refer the criminality they find to criminal prosecutors

but keep defending the criminal- you complicit piece of

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

yet here you are.
    And they arent going to jail for tax deductions being disallowed.
    Last edited by CosmicCowboy; 11-22-2020 at 01:54 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sure

as long as ALL do ents and affidavits MATCH

he is clear...

once the prosecutors discover discrepancies and they sift through the do ents the court orders released

then prosecutors can refer the criminality they find to criminal prosecutors

but keep defending the criminal- you complicit piece of
    State attorneys can't use RICO dumbass. RICO is exclusive to the US Attorney General.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only stupid people think Trump or family are going to jail.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'm not defending Trump.

I am replying to you idiots claiming stupid like states pursuing RICO claims.
    why would you care about this, though?

you claim to be happy he lost. He’s still the face of the party you’re blindly loyal too. Is that it? Is it a reflex?

Thread Information