Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i want becky to be spurs head coach and for her to be VERY outspoken and VERY woke, so that I can enjoy watching resident Spurs s’ heads explode

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It would be historic but would not even close to most qualified

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It would be historic but would not even close to most qualified
    I think some superstars would love to play for Becky if she is the coach and that could benefit the spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think some superstars would love to play for Becky if she is the coach and that could benefit the spurs.
    Maybe but I think there is a good chance it could be a disaster

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe but I think there is a good chance it could be a disaster
    It could be but nothing is guaranteed until you try.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It could be but nothing is guaranteed until you try.
    Preference to me is to hire most qualified and if she is that then of course. But I suspect she is not most qualified that is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Preference to me is to hire most qualified and if she is that then of course. But I suspect she is not most qualified that is.
    When Pop was hired, he wasn’t the most qualified person now he is considered one of the best coach ever. Nothing is guaranteed until you try.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When Pop was hired, he wasn’t the most qualified person now he is considered one of the best coach ever. Nothing is guaranteed until you try.
    Fools and Pop crotch sniffers think he is the best. He is a good coat tail rider of Tim Duncan. He also installed himself in a coup of Hill. Hire the most qualified and most certainly it is not Becky-IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i want becky to be spurs head coach and for her to be VERY outspoken and VERY woke, so that I can enjoy watching resident Spurs s’ heads explode

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not interested in any yes men in that staff. I’ll take Timmy or Tony instead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why don't u consider her qualified? She has been an assistant for some time... There's a ton more ppl that get hired as coach with less experience... Steve Kerr had less experience... So did Nick Nurse... No one thinks they're horrible, unqualified coaches

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do not think type A NBA ballers respect the coach is a gal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why don't u consider her qualified? She has been an assistant for some time... There's a ton more ppl that get hired as coach with less experience... Steve Kerr had less experience... So did Nick Nurse... No one thinks they're horrible, unqualified coaches
    Short answer: she's a woman

Long answer: she's a wooooooomaaaaaaaaan

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zion's assistant coach is a female and he says he wouldn't be as good as he is if it wasn't for her

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You asked I answered.
    Zion maybe telling the truth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bull .

First off, there's no tangible difference between "type A" and "type B" players in regards to getting coached; at the NBA level, even end-of-bench players are in the top 0.001% of basketball players in the world. Yet they all allow themselves to be coached by their team's coaches, both HC and assistants, by all means "lower" than them in ability, talent and relative worth. Any player who wouldn't allow themselves to be coached by someone because they're a woman, would very likely also have problems with most if not every head coach; some players are simply headcases, nothing to do with gender. Secondly, Becky is already coaching the Spurs, both at practices, off the court, and in the rare instances where Pop is ejected, yet no Spurs player has ever mistreated her or talked badly about her, quite the opposite. It's pretty safe to assume that any player who wouldn't respect Becky would be shunned in the locker room by the rest of the team.

Thirdly, Becky actually has a great basketball a en and is a former, successful player herself, further giving her credit and authority on the matter (not like it's a requirement for HCs to be former players, but it certainly helps). Fourth.... You could just as easily have said "I don't think players will respect female refs!" once upon a time, yet with numerous female refs in the game right now, there's no instances of disrespect towards them that I've been aware of. It's simply old-school, retrograde thinking on all accounts, tbqh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I need to see Becky run a team for a few games here and there before I can be happy if she becomes head coach.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bull .

First off, there's no tangible difference between "type A" and "type B" players in regards to getting coached; at the NBA level, even end-of-bench players are in the top 0.001% of basketball players in the world. Yet they all allow themselves to be coached by their team's coaches, both HC and assistants, by all means "lower" than them in ability, talent and relative worth. Any player who wouldn't allow themselves to be coached by someone because they're a woman, would very likely also have problems with most if not every head coach; some players are simply headcases, nothing to do with gender. Secondly, Becky is already coaching the Spurs, both at practices, off the court, and in the rare instances where Pop is ejected, yet no Spurs player has ever mistreated her or talked badly about her, quite the opposite. It's pretty safe to assume that any player who wouldn't respect Becky would be shunned in the locker room by the rest of the team.

Thirdly, Becky actually has a great basketball a en and is a former, successful player herself, further giving her credit and authority on the matter (not like it's a requirement for HCs to be former players, but it certainly helps). Fourth.... You could just as easily have said "I don't think players will respect female refs!" once upon a time, yet with numerous female refs in the game right now, there's no instances of disrespect towards them that I've been aware of. It's simply old-school, retrograde thinking on all accounts, tbqh.
    You ain’t gonna see anyone talk bad about Becky or any gal ref. But it very well could be there that under current of disrespect. You might be living in a fantasy world if you think it could not happen or even if it is not likely.
    A bunch of words do not prove you are smart.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You ain’t gonna see anyone talk bad about Becky or any gal ref. But it very well could be there that under current of disrespect. You might be living in a fantasy world if you think it could not happen or even if it is not likely.
    A bunch of words do not prove you are smart.
    Who said I'm smart? I'm just proving your preconceptions wrong, tbh, word count be damned. And so, your argument shifts to that it could happen, so we shouldn't try it, because Becky might get "disrespected" or talked about badly? I think she's far from vulnerable enough to let some bad talk get to her, tbqh. No other counter-arguments to make beyond "she's a woman", then?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do. Not. Want.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow. An NBA assistant coach wants to be a NBA head coach. Who would have thought? An assistant rarely wants to be head coach. Wow.

Why is this even a thread?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PGs usually make the best HCs. They know the game, inside and out.

Thread Information