My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs playing defense turned the game into a "slop fest". Chazz Scogna, whoever he is.

"Kawhi has to be the focus of the offense, while also being the best player on defense. He can't keep it up." Chazz Scogna, whoever he is.

"Welcome back LaMarcus Aldridge." No ? Fuch Chazz Scogna, whoever he is.

Thanks for posting, OP. But Chazz Scogna, whoever he is. (And I hope you aren't Chazz Scogna, I really do.)

Aggieland Spurs Fan LoneStarState'sPride's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thanks for posting, OP. But Chazz Scogna, whoever he is. (And I hope you aren't Chazz Scogna, I really do.)
    He probably is Chazz

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs played traditional playoff basketball that gets you wins and Rockets played live/die by the three point line, which usually ends in losses.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My main takeaways were kawhi had a bad 1st quarter and dejounte was getting abused on offense early on but at least he played defense well and we won comfortably Plus Simmons is giving us something and refs were bad

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs played traditional playoff basketball that gets you wins and Rockets played live/die by the three point line, which usually ends in losses.

Exactly. That was one of the best "Spurs-style" games I've seen them play in a long time. The only reason for playing the game is to win, and the Spurs did the things it took to win.

D'Antoni coaches to score a lot of points. Harden plays to make his case for being the best player in the league (and to piss on the MVP voters who don't select him.) The other Rockets play to get the crowd to roar for their dunks, or 3's. Last night, the Spurs focused on all the things it took to get a W, and it was the exact, polar opposite of sloppy.

And Kawhi? This whole season I believed he was right up there with LeBron, Westbrook, and Harden (in that order). But he's done the same thing he's done before in the playoffs - he took another step up with his game. The writer said the Spurs need Kawhi to be the focus of the offense, and their best player on defense. Bull . Kawhi IS the best player on the court, on both ends. Any article about the "takeaways" from last night's game that doesn't start there isn't worth reading.

Kori's nightmare SpurOutofTownFan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    well, as i said in game 1, let's see what happens when all those 3 stop falling in - that's what happened

Thread Information