Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the bulls rumors are true. Then you gotta think they want lauri markannen. Demar as a stretch 4 for them with lavine and Williams would be dirty.

The Knicks is an intriguing option too, a veteran scorer is what the Knicks need to solidify a playoff spot

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Knicks would be good, but theyre probably targeting him and Lowry together this off-season with all their cap-room.

Chicago is interesting though with that Porter contract. DDR/Trey for Porter/Markenen works on paper. Unclear who would have to add the picks to make it work.
    I love the idea of DDR/Trey for Porter/Markkanen, but, it seems like Luka has the potential to become a very similar player at a fraction of the price. Maybe Markkanen could help expedite Luka's growth. It would be a luxury to always have a 6'11" gut that can shoot on the floor.
    Only 48 hrs to go!!!!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love the idea of DDR/Trey for Porter/Markkanen, but, it seems like Luka has the potential to become a very similar player at a fraction of the price. Maybe Markkanen could help expedite Luka's growth. It would be a luxury to always have a 6'11" gut that can shoot on the floor.
    Only 48 hrs to go!!!!
    I also think Lauri can play the 5 alongside Luka in certain lineups..

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if we can possiablity get Demar to agreed to an extension with another team while accepting a trade.
    I actually thing the Hawks are a perfect trade partners and also a team that could fit Demar's play style, With Youngs ability to stretch the floor.
    If we can get Demar to agreed, it could also increase his trade value, and the hawks are a deep team.

Demar and Lyles
    for
    gallinari, Reddish, Okongwu, with one 1st round pick or if we can get another round pick.

I personally thing that Galli has more value to us than Bogan. The only issue is if the Hawks will be willing to send both Reddish or Okongwu and a 1st round pick

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only thing about Lauri is he worse then White as far as he is made off glass. He is good when he is not hurt but that is like rare for him not to be injured and that is the real reason Chicago won’t sign him

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why destroy a team that is one solid PF away to become something respectful?

I think that Keldon should be our 6th man playing the 3 or the 2.
    Samanic should learn on the spot by being our starting stretch 4 for now.
    I respect Pop but the game is slowly lefting him behind. He no longer uses the roster the best way.
    I don't like the modern idea of two 5 player rotations. Teams should have their best possible roster during the entire game.

This team does not need much else to be great. Just better and taller rotations plus a PF that is solid.
    Hope Demar stays.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why destroy a team that is one solid PF away to become something respectful?

I think that Keldon should be our 6th man playing the 3 or the 2.
    Samanic should learn on the spot by being our starting stretch 4 for now.
    I respect Pop but the game is slowly lefting him behind. He no longer uses the roster the best way.
    I don't like the modern idea of two 5 player rotations. Teams should have their best possible roster during the entire game.

This team does not need much else to be great. Just better and taller rotations plus a PF that is solid.
    Hope Demar stays.
    bc it's not in the team's control. Sounds like LMA, Trey, and DDR are gone after this season. Dont know about Gay, he seems to enjoy the young guys and always has glowing things to say about the org.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol. Trey, you're lucky to get a paycheck.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you say he's terrible, but then expect other teams to think the opposite so that they trade for him. Doesn't make sense.
    There's a lot of dumb teams that make dumb trades....some owners only care about having a big name to put fans in the stands and not actually about winning

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even scrubs are demanding trades nowadays... Hilarious, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Bulls have entered the chat

“There’s a faction of the Chicago front office that feels adding one piece such as DeRozan could push the Bulls firmly into the postseason, sources said,” wrote Jake Fischer of Bleacher Report.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Him leaving as a FA doesn’t mean the Spurs get back nothing for him. There’s always the S&T route, and many suitors would need to do that.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    I would love for DeMar to be traded to Chicago. Yes, please happen.

If Spurs trade both LMA and DeMar they are obviously going all in on a rebuild.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Him leaving as a FA doesn’t mean the Spurs get back nothing for him. There’s always the S&T route, and many suitors would need to do that.
    Pretty much everyone would need to acquire him by a S&T except... Toronto, Charlotte, Miami, NY, and Dallas. If he goes to any of those we get nothing...or at most a TE if we are willing to give up a future 2nd.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just means Lonnie and Vassell getting more opportunities. The team’s defensive ceiling would raise if vassell started

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a good look for free agents when you're top two vets, and ones with the best chances of getting into the HOF, want the outta town. Not good at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gotta build through the draft. Get future 1sts. That’s how we build..

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Not a good look for free agents when you're top two vets, and ones with the best chances of getting into the HOF, want the outta town. Not good at all.
    not to mention the demarre carroll situation...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not to mention the demarre carroll situation...
    That and Trey Lyles minutes are just ing schizophrenic insanity.

Start him. Play him heavy minutes off the bench. Play well in both spots. Get praised by Pop. Then fail to sniff the court for the last 3 or 4 games when we are in the midst of 5 games in 7 days and could use his legs.

It's just increasingly clear to me, dating back to the unserious way he used Bryn, that the game or his ego has been detrimental to the team.

I'm now all on board to see Will Hardy or Ime Udoka run this club.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I gotta believe it's the contract that's driving DeRozan to part ways.

Per B-Ball Reference, this is what Tim Duncan made his last four seasons, in addition to the haircuts Parker and Manu took. Spurs MO likely won't fly with DeRozan

Duncan was an All-Star in 2013 and 2015 btw.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I gotta believe it's the contract that's driving DeRozan to part ways.

Per B-Ball Reference, this is what Tim Duncan made his last four seasons, in addition to the haircuts Parker and Manu took. Spurs MO likely won't fly with DeRozan

Duncan was an All-Star in 2013 and 2015 btw.
    In fairness, those guys took discounts to put together a championship level team. They had the pieces. This team is no where near winning a championship. Maybe DDR takes a discount to play with a team ready to win a championship. But if he's on one that isn't, then I get him wanting to get paid.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The thing is, they have 6 less losses than the Pelicans with 32 games left, so they can have their cake and eat it too regarding the play in or possibly (I doubt it) playoffs, especially if they acquire a secondary creator/shooter like Bogdanovic or Fournier, in a DeRozan trade.

The same applies if they acquire a big wing in it, such as Gordon or Porter Jr., which would free up trading Gay too (I'd imagine he'd prefer to be moved if DeRozan is traded).

But I'll believe they're making a trade when I see it. They probably haven't even done their homework with regards to whether an upcoming cap space team (namely Raptors) has interest in signing DeRozan, which would obviously destroy their leverage on the sign and trade front.

I also think Lauri can play the 5 alongside Luka in certain lineups..
    Two string beans, who are mediocre and worse on the defensive glass, can't protect the rim and don't roll. Yikes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't players usually get held out of games a day or two from being traded? DeMar isn't being traded.

Thread Information