Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As I've said, if I'm his representation and him, I'm not accepting a penny less than Murray received and if I'm the Spurs, I'm not interested in trying up star money (combined) long term for two players, who mostly play the same position and have sub star ceilings.

Not that cap space will be an issue for a while, but if need be, I'd rather package one with the upcoming pick to move up in the draft or trade for a young forward who fits better long term.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If there's one good thing about White's limited minutes & usage, it might end up saving us on the next contract. Dude could average 20 points on good efficiency & 5 assists if he was your 1st or 2nd option. Defense too. You're never going to live up to expectations without consistent usage.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If there's one good thing about White's limited minutes & usage, it might end up saving us on the next contract. Dude could average 20 points on good efficiency & 5 assists if he was your 1st or 2nd option. Defense too. You're never going to live up to expectations without consistent usage.

It sure doesnt help hes basically the backup pg here

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It sure doesnt help hes basically the backup pg here
    I just don't get it.

Dejounte, White & THE IV Truth4sale$'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White has been too inconsistent this year, so it would be good time to sign him for the right price. He wont be a starter in San Antonio with Murray, he may not get a big contract based on his play this year. He is not exceptional, I think a contact similar to Patty mills @, but starting at 7milliom a year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I cant see any reason why Murray and White can't play together. They both can shoot decently enough. They could hound other guards all game. To me they are joy to watch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White is a legit NBA rotation player at the very least. With a summer off to heal, he could improve a lot and be the player we saw a good bit in the 2018 season. He's worth keeping around as all the older player contracts expire in the next year.

The FO needs a few of these guys to stick around for the rebuild that needs to happen in the next couple of seasons.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White is my favorite player in the team. He knows how to play. That said, this season has been a dissapointment.

The problem is that he's deferring to veterans like DeRozan and Aldridge that have zero basketball IQ.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm thinking the cash could look like Satoransky's contract in Chicago. I'd be quite willing to pay him that if I was running SAS.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    poor Derrick got finessed by Flopovich and has to sign for a lower contract because of that. Will take another 4 years until he can finally go to another franchise with a competent head coach

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I cant see any reason why Murray and White can't play together. They both can shoot decently enough. They could hound other guards all game. To me they are joy to watch.
    I see a big reason why they can't. It starts with Pop and ends with ovich

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White has been too inconsistent this year, so it would be good time to sign him for the right price. He wont be a starter in San Antonio with Murray, he may not get a big contract based on his play this year. He is not exceptional, I think a contact similar to Patty mills @, but starting at 7milliom a year
    The real question in why would White even want an extension in SA? He was drafted as a combo guard, who most thought wasn't really a PG, to Pop playing him almost exclusively as a PG. Spurs just made big investment in a PG, who hasn't demonstrated as much success as you have & has been every bit as inconsistent.

If you are White the only incentive to sign would be money, but we are talking about being OK extending White for the right price. I think there are alot of teams willing to pay him at least that "right" price while also giving him consistent 25+ minutes a game. If you are White, watching Forbes & at times Mills & Beli getting more minutes, I just can't see him being eager to do extension.

Add in that with no DDR last night, Walker gets almost all those minutes & White saw no increase. I can't see White or his agents thinking the Spurs are the best franchise for his basketball future.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The real question in why would White even want an extension in SA? He was drafted as a combo guard, who most thought wasn't really a PG, to Pop playing him almost exclusively as a PG. Spurs just made big investment in a PG, who hasn't demonstrated as much success as you have & has been every bit as inconsistent.

If you are White the only incentive to sign would be money, but we are talking about being OK extending White for the right price. I think there are alot of teams willing to pay him at least that "right" price while also giving him consistent 25+ minutes a game. If you are White, watching Forbes & at times Mills & Beli getting more minutes, I just can't see him being eager to do extension.

Add in that with no DDR last night, Walker gets almost all those minutes & White saw no increase. I can't see White or his agents thinking the Spurs are the best franchise for his basketball future.
    The minutes are what is inconsistent. When Derrick gets them, he performs. He's 5th in minutes, but 3rd in FTA/gm, almost matching the total attempts by Forbes AND Murray. Other than DeRozan, he's the only ball handler that is aggressive going to the rack with normally a good result, either a bucket, FTs, or an and1.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope he stays long term. I like Derricks game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information