Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a Suns fan posting hate comments about the Spurs since I signed here back in 2009, tbh.
    But you are from Argentina, and a huge Manu fan right?

A little biased?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Saying Manu is top 100 is not a Troll Comment. Saying he may not be a HOF player is not a troll comment either.. This was all laid out.. You just don't like the answers..
    I agree. Those type of comments aren't necessarily troll comments, they can just be extremely ignorant ones. The thing is that, coming from those guys, I know those are troll comments, because they are troll posters. C'mon son, how many more times do I need to repeat the same thing? It isn't that hard to understand, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But you are from Argentina, and a huge Manu fan right?

A little biased?
    So? My favourite basketball player of all-time is Iverson. And you know my thoughts about him. The same thing with Michael Vick in the NFL. He was My favourite player to watch but I realize he was extremely overrated. I don't let emotions or subjectivity cloud my judgement, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree. Those type of comments aren't necessarily troll comments, they can just be extremely ingorant ones. The thing is that, coming from those guys, I know they are troll comments, because they are troll pósters. C'mon son, how many more times do I need to repeat the same thing? It isn't that hard to understand, tbh.
    You say they are troll comments based on your biased negative dealings in the past with those posters. But that does not mean on this issue they are troll comments. Again you are just biased.. We have discussed all of the points. It is all reasonable..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, you never said "Manu" nor "DeRozan" on any of those answers.
    Still waiting, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still waiting, tbh.
    You had my full answer about 30 posts ago. All you did was complain that I did not Answer "Yes or No"

Prime for Prime about even.. Vastly different cir stances as we know. Its all been discussed man.. Nothing new here..

A loaded question because he is now playing for a mediocre Spurs team.. I am not a huge fan of DD, but he has great offensive talent, and again was only traded for a top 3 player in the league.. Manu is traded for Leonard as well in a heartbeat.. I would say prime for prime they are pretty damn close.. Are you convinced he could not fit in with prime TD, and Tony to win some rings? This Spurs team is in transition and it is bad.. Manu never played for a bad Spurs team. He played for great Spurs teams. Some damn near historically great.. TD in 2003 dragged a young Manu, and Tony to a Chip.. Manu did very little in the 2003 playoffs.. People were pissed off Jackson was gone that off-season.. And you know that.. By 2005 Manu was playing at a very high level no doubt. But still had prime TD to carry the load.. 2007 who got finals MVP?? Not Manu or even Tim. Tony gets it.. Again Manu is playing on a great Spurs team. DD would have loved to get his shot with that squad..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You had my full answer about 30 posts ago. All you did was complain that I did not Answer "Yes or No"

Prime for Prime about even.. Vastly different cir stances as we know. Its all been discussed man.. Nothing new here..
    That's a chicken post that doesn't provide a clear answer because you know that if you say Manu, your whole argument gets dismantled; and if you say DeRozan, you would get laughed at, tbh.

Let me try a different aproach. You are starting a team from scratch and, for your first pick, you can only choose between Manu and DeRozan, who you got?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's a chicken post that doesn't provide a clear answer because you know that if you say Manu, your whole argument gets dismantled; and if you say DeRozan, you would get laughed at, tbh.
    See right there you are too biased.. You dislike DD, and love your fellow Countryman so much, you can't even digest them being in the same class as players.. You didn't even want to digest AI being better than Manu. And you say I would get laughed at about DD, and Manu comparison if I dare say DD is better. You got your answer. Read it again.. Deal with it..

AND your take on AI and Manu? Take that to any Basketball forum or social media outside Spurstalk.. See what the response is..
    "Manu is better than AI"

I can hear Screaming A Smith yelling at you right now..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    See right there you are too biased.. You dislike DD, and love your fellow Countryman so much, you can't even digest them being in the same class as players.. You didn't even want to digest AI being better than Manu. And you say I would get laughed at about DD, and Manu comparison if I dare say DD is better. You got your answer. Read it again.. Deal with it..

AND your take on AI and Manu? Take that to any Basketball forum or social media outside Spurstalk.. See what the response is..
    "Manu is better than AI"

I can hear Screaming A Smith yelling at you right now..
    A. Smith, really? Is that the type of guy you are siding with?

Your fear of giving a straight answer about Manu and DeRozan was duly noted, tbh. I guess scoring 25 ppg and being a "franchise guy" doesn't make you automatically a better player. Who would have thought?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess scoring 25 ppg and being a "franchise guy" doesn't make you automatically a better player. Who would have thought?
    Apparently 11 AS selections, 3 First Team All NBA selections, A league MVP, 4 scoring les, Leading the league in steals 3 times, and a finals appearance doesn't make you a better player either..

"Go MANU"!!!!!!!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Apparently 11 AS selections, 3 First Team All NBA selections, A league MVP, 4 scoring les, Leading the league in steals 3 times, and a finals appearance doesn't make you a better player either..

"Go MANU"!!!!!!!!!
    Well, you are the one scared of saying the guy with the better counting stats and individual milestones is actually better than the other. So yeah, apparently, even for you, it doesn't. Glad you are finally seeing the light, tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs lost a top 3 player in the NBA for reasons that were not their fault.. The Snake, and his Uncle had a plan revolving around LA for years... And he is a game changing franchise player. You don't recover from that in 1 or 2 years. That may set you back 5 years or more. Imagine if Duncan had gone to the Magic? Spurs are ed for likely 10 years or more.. Lean years happen for even the best franchises, and this is the time for the Spurs.. How have the Pelicans done a good job exactly? They had AD for basically a decade, surrounded him with , and lost.. They have Zion.. Who knows where he will be in 5 years? The way the league is going. He may be in a larger market..

Or they could be heavy 2 Championships.. Maybe DD Listens to Pop in the Time Out, and does NOT Foul Dirk in Game 7 going to the rim..

And maybe DD could manage Better than 9 PTS, and 8 Turnovers in a close out game 6 of the NBA Finals.. You know the same game Duncan had 30 PTS and 17 Reb.. Spurs may have 7 Rings...
    I didn't say anything about recovering in 1-2 years or the Pelicans doing a good job. I said, like them, the Spurs should be well positioned for the future having traded a top 5 player and had they been, the majority of the fan base would likely be fine with the inevitable downturn.

Their own stupidity has also put them in this position. Had they had a spine and insisted on Gasol instead of Green in that trade and handed away Belinelli (with a future 2nd attached) instead of Bertans, this could still be a solid team.

Are you serious? They'd have 3 less. Not only is DeRozan significantly worse, but as DAF alluded too, the structure of the team would change. DeRozan would have destroyed the spacing and hurt the defense and he wouldn't have accepted a 6th man role.

You list specific instances, but they're not even in position for those to occur with DeRozan.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Let me try a different aproach. You are starting a team from scratch and, for your first pick, you can only choose between Manu and DeRozan, who you got?
    When did this become Manu and DeRozen? I'll take Iverson over either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you serious? They'd have 3 less. Not only is DeRozan significantly worse, but as DAF alluded too, the structure of the team would change. DeRozan would have destroyed the spacing and hurt the defense and he wouldn't have accepted a 6th man role.

You list specific instances, but they're not even in position for those to occur with DeRozan.
    This is where you and I completely part ways. Because I believe that Tim Duncan is such a great player historically, a top-five player all time that When you have him for 19 seasons, You were going to win four or five championships as long as the talent pool around him isn’t completely terrible. Pop is one of the great coaches of all time. You mix and match and figure it out. It’s a nice problem to have when Tim Duncan is your centerpiece. Don’t forget Tony Parker was a 19-year-old kid who couldn’t shoot the basketball, and was hardly a prototypical point guard. We won four championships with him. Tim ing Duncan.. 2003 is the proof. Did Tony or Manu wow you in the post season? If they did you weren’t paying attention very closely. Speedy Claxton played big minutes over Tony in the finals. Jackson made huge shots in the finals. Played big minutes. Manu played in spurts. Tim Duncan is just that ing good. And if you put a talented player on his roster. It’s going to work. Because he’s going to make it work. Tony and Manu I love them, but why are they going to the Hall of Fame one day? Yep Tim ing Duncan.
    Last edited by dbreiden83080; 05-23-2020 at 12:55 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because he’s from Argentina. Manu Is better than generational all time talents because reasons. None of which make any sense at all. He can’t get over his bias.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is where you and I completely part ways. Because I believe that Tim Duncan is such a great player historically, a top-five player all time that When you have him for 19 seasons, You were going to win four or five championships as long as the talent pool around him isn’t completely terrible. Pop is one of the great coaches of all time. You mix and match and figure it out. It’s a nice problem to have when Tim Duncan is your centerpiece. Don’t forget Tony Parker was a 19-year-old kid who couldn’t shoot the basketball, and was hardly a prototypical point guard. We won four championships with him. Tim ing Duncan.. 2003 is the proof. Did Tony or Manu wow you in the post season? If they did you weren’t paying attention very closely. Speedy Claxton played big minutes over Tony in the finals. Jackson made huge shots in the finals. Played big minutes. Manu played in spurts. Tim Duncan is just that ing good. And if you put a talented player on his roster. It’s going to work. Because he’s going to make it work. Tony and Manu I love them, but why are they going to the Hall of Fame one day? Yep Tim ing Duncan.
    Manu didn't wow you in '05?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When dbreiden83080 talked about "franchise players" and 25 ppg.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu didn't wow you in '05?
    2005 yes. 2003 no. Not at all. If you put talented players around him Duncan he is going to make it work.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When dbreiden83080 talked about "franchise players" and 25 ppg.
    Something Manu Never did. And a big reason why not only is about the roster, it’s about his lack of durability. Tony once averaged 22 a game on the same team playing in the same system. Pop could have handed the majority of the touches to Manu. But he didn’t.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2005 yes. 2003 no. Not at all. If you put talented players around him Duncan he is going to make it work.
    Well, You asked if Tony or Manu ever wow anyone on the playoffs, clearly they did. Your question was answered.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Something Manu Never did. And a big reason why not only is about the roster, it’s about his lack of durability. Tony once averaged 22 a game on the same team playing in the same system. Pop could have handed the majority of the touches to Manu. But he didn’t.
    Manu once averaged 20 ppg as a bench player, what's your point?

You won't even say DeRozan is better than Manu, so your opinion on this matter is in invalid, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu once averaged 20 ppg as a bench player, what's your point?

You won't even say DeRozan is better than Manu, so your opinion on this matter is in invalid, tbh.
    But Manu Is better than Iverson and you are insane enough to claim that is not a laughable opinion. Manu spent large portions of his career as the third and fourth option on the ing team. The reigns never at any point were handed over to Ginobili. It never happened. David to Tim, Tim to Tony, Tony to Leonard.. Correct? Manu Had moments. He had playoff moments, regular season moments. But never at any point was he the guy. Nobody ever viewed him as the guy.
    Last edited by dbreiden83080; 05-23-2020 at 02:40 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But Manu Is better than Iverson and you are insane enough to claim that is not a laughable opinion. Manu spent large portions of his career as the third and fourth option on the ing team. The reigns never at any point were handed over to Ginobili. It never happened. David to Tim, Tim to Tony, Tony to Leonard.. Correct? Manu Had moments. He had playoff moments, regular season moments. But never at any point was he the guy. Nobody ever viewed him as the guy.
    Ok, let's suppose that coming into the '08, '10 and '11 playoffs Manu wasn't the main offensive option.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok, let's suppose that coming into the '08, '10 and '11 playoffs Manu wasn't the main offensive option.
    So you don’t have an answer. Right got it. The team never got handed over to him. This is what I told you and others tried to explain to you about his lack of durability. Putting up numbers over the course of 82 games is not easy. Maybe you can handle that for one season. But can you handle it for multiple seasons? Even when others faded away the coaching staff still didn’t give him that opportunity. TD is beyond his prime, so Ginobili you are up right? Nope. Tony Parker was next. Then Leonard is next. You told me earlier you would always take Manu’s wins. And I explained to you that came as a result of a fantastic team around him. Manu Was in the position to have some really big postseason moments. Great but did that mean he carried the team to the postseason? No. Coaching staff entrusted that responsibility to other players. Why is that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you don’t have an answer. Right got it. The team never got handed over to him. This is what I told you and others tried to explain to you about his lack of durability. Putting up numbers over the course of 82 games is not easy. Maybe you can handle that for one season. But can you handle it for multiple seasons? Even when others faded away the coaching staff still didn’t give him that opportunity. TD is beyond his prime, so Ginobili you are up right? Nope. Tony Parker was next. Then Leonard is next. You told me earlier you would always take Manu’s wins. And I explained to you that came as a result of a fantastic team around him. Manu Was in the position to have some really big postseason moments. Great but did that mean he carried the team to the postseason? No. Coaching staff entrusted that responsibility to other players. Why is that?
    Manu and Duncan were the same age dog. Where do you want to find a window for Manu to take control? Even then, from 2008 to 2011 there was a time where the team clearly worked better when Manu was the main option. And, anyways, even if you want to (wrongly) assume that the team was never handed to Manu, does that fact mean that Manu could have never been able to handle a team for his own? Of course not.

Thread Information