Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First (sort of) playoff game where I have zero anxiety about the results. Its a win-win at this point. Would be hilarious as if the Spurs luck their way to the 8th seed.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ive never seen ja morant and the rest of the grizzlies play like total pussies
    (with the exception of that dude that fouled out)

and miss every ing 3 pt shot

when they play the spurs morant gets layup after layup after ing layup and all of them after twisting and contorting and weaving thru five ing spurs ending with a bucket

and the rest of them -including slow ass kyle hitting 3 after 3 after 3

tonite

pussies

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Jokic lead the Nuggets in scoring and assists, rebounds for that series against the Clippers. He was the primary reason why they won the series. He was dominating so much inside the paint that the Clippers were forced to double team him which allowed Murray to go off in that series.

2. Everybody is tanking to avoid the Lakers. The Clippers lost on purpose not to face the Lakers. Nobody wants to play them in the first round. I don't see what your point is. Lakers are the best team in the West when healthy. You would have to be stupid to want to play them in round 1. Whoever plays the Lakers is going to lose round 1whether it's Suns,Nuggets,Jazz.

3. Harden is a playoff choker. He's never gotten past the Conference Finals. He will ring this year but that's because he has a super team. Granted Jokic has only gotten to the WCF once I do expect him to make multiple appearances as his career progresses that will equal in Harden's appearances or surpass his. Harden is also 6 years older than Jokic. Jokic has the same amount of success that Harden had at his age.

4. You are right Giannis is so much better than Jokic on defense. I'm not even going to debate it. The problem with Giannis is that his lack of jump shot will be the reason why he will never win a le. Teams will continue to form the wall against him and you will see the same results. Teams can't do that to Jokic. Jokic on the offensive end has zero weaknesses. If Giannis takes out the Nets this year then I will put him above Jokic.

5. Curry has 1 fluke championship being the guy. Even that one is questionable since he beat Cavs team that just had Lebron and a bunch of scrubs with Kyrie/Love not being available. The next year we saw him choke against a Lebron team that had an equal amount of help in Love/Kyrie. He won 2 more les but that was because Durant carried him. With that being said I compare Curry and Jokic offensively. Scoring wise Curry is one of the best scorers ever. I will give him that but he doesn't have the ability to elevate his teammates like Jokic can. Put Jokic on this year's Warriors team and he would have them as the 4th seed in the West. Legacy wise Curry is ahead of Jokic but if Jokic remains healthy he will eventually pass him in the next 5-10 years.
    I didn’t realize how big a Joker fan you were. All I remember from the Clippers series was Murray carrying them in the 4th quarters and Joker doing the damage in the first 3. I could be totally wrong of course but that’s just my recollection. I checked it out and it was game 7 I was thinking of. Joker dominated games 5&6. a impressive looking at it.

2. my main point on that is Joker would lose in the first round of they didn’t tank so playoff performance can’t be used for him if that’s the case. As is, they will probably lose in the second round. If Joker loses before the WCF then you can’t really call him a playoff performer.

3. Harden is a choker. No doubt about it. But he did take the Warriors to 7 with Durant which is impressive. Too bad he is allergic to defense otherwise he would’ve rung. That being said, Harden has proven he can carry a franchise for a decade. Joker has not. He might when it’s all said and done but Denver isn’t winning the West anytime soon I don’t think, so that puts him no better than James.

4. Gianni is a mystery. He is still so young. And his second star is pretty ty. Also giving up 3 first round picks for Jrue Holliday instead of paying Brogdon doesn’t make sense to me but what do I know. My point is that Giannis can carry a team to the finals I believe. He affects the game in all areas. It’s hard for me to see a player that good and think he will always come up short, even if he can’t shoot

5. Fluke or not Curry won a ring. And he is a 2x MVP and won 73 games and yes they choked game 7 but it was against arguably the best player of all time, not like he was facing a scrub. Also Joker never made it to the finals/neve had the team success Curry had and I feel getting after Curry for winning one and losing one seems unreasonable to me. If Jokic could actually rim protect them I would have him over anybody on the list, even Giannis. But he’s such a liability on the pick n roll that i rather have Embiid over him. If you like him over Harden that’s fine, but both their ty ass defense they play is going to get you the same result. A second round playoff loss with a slight chance of making the WCF.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First (sort of) playoff game where I have zero anxiety about the results. Its a win-win at this point. Would be hilarious as if the Spurs luck their way to the 8th seed.
    I'd be pissed if they did tbh (unless they somehow cucked the Lakers).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn’t realize how big a Joker fan you were. All I remember from the Clippers series was Murray carrying them in the 4th quarters and Joker doing the damage in the first 3. I could be totally wrong of course but that’s just my recollection. I checked it out and it was game 7 I was thinking of. Joker dominated games 5&6. a impressive looking at it.

2. my main point on that is Joker would lose in the first round of they didn’t tank so playoff performance can’t be used for him if that’s the case. As is, they will probably lose in the second round. If Joker loses before the WCF then you can’t really call him a playoff performer.

3. Harden is a choker. No doubt about it. But he did take the Warriors to 7 with Durant which is impressive. Too bad he is allergic to defense otherwise he would’ve rung. That being said, Harden has proven he can carry a franchise for a decade. Joker has not. He might when it’s all said and done but Denver isn’t winning the West anytime soon I don’t think, so that puts him no better than James.

4. Gianni is a mystery. He is still so young. And his second star is pretty ty. Also giving up 3 first round picks for Jrue Holliday instead of paying Brogdon doesn’t make sense to me but what do I know. My point is that Giannis can carry a team to the finals I believe. He affects the game in all areas. It’s hard for me to see a player that good and think he will always come up short, even if he can’t shoot

5. Fluke or not Curry won a ring. And he is a 2x MVP and won 73 games and yes they choked game 7 but it was against arguably the best player of all time, not like he was facing a scrub. Also Joker never made it to the finals/neve had the team success Curry had and I feel getting after Curry for winning one and losing one seems unreasonable to me. If Jokic could actually rim protect them I would have him over anybody on the list, even Giannis. But he’s such a liability on the pick n roll that i rather have Embiid over him. If you like him over Harden that’s fine, but both their ty ass defense they play is going to get you the same result. A second round playoff loss with a slight chance of making the WCF.
    1. Jokic got my attention when he took out the Spurs a few years back. Prior to that series I thought he was overrated but then I started to watch him closely and was amazed by how dominant he is on the offensive end. He is one of the few big men today in which you can't put undersized players on. It's why the Warriors when they were loaded had problems with him because Draymond could not shove him out of the paint and force him to take ugly fade away jump shots. Jokic has Steve Nash like IQ on the offensive end. He can dominate in the post, hit the 3, and orchestrate an offense with his great play making abilities. The only player who impacts the game more on the offensive end today is Lebron when he's healthy.
    2. Going by your logic then '02 Duncan wasn't a great playoff performer since he couldn't get passed the Lakers in round 2. Terrible logic. The playoffs are about match up's. Jokic hasn't lost in the first round yet. If he gets out again this year it will be the third year in a row he's gotten passed the first round. Very few players in this league can get their teams consistently out of round 1. All the teams in the West tanked to avoid the Lakers. Do they also get discredited by you for doing so?
    3. Again Jokic has had the same amount of success Harden had at his his age of 26. At the age of 26, Harden had only lead the Rockets to 1 WCF appearance which resulted in them losing to the Warriors in 5 games in the WCF. The next year Harden lead the Rockets to lose again to the Warriors in round 1. I willing to bet in the next 7 years Jokic will have a few more WCF appearances.
    4. I would put Giannis ahead of Jokic if he could get the Bucks to the finals this year but until he does it I will take Jokic over him.
    5. Jokic's defense is his weakness. I think he's gotten better now where he's now average. He can never be better than average on the defensive end. I think best solution for the Nuggets when it comes to his defense is to put an interior rim protector next to him much like the Mavs did with Dirk when they added Chandler, and in the past when they had Dampier. Embiid is an interesting player if he gets the Sixers out of the East I would rank him higher than Jokic. Embiid has a lot to prove to me since his last 2 playoff runs have been duds.
    6. Curry needs a lot going right for him to win. He needs a ridiculously stacked team to get you to the Finals and even then he can be had as proven by what the Cavs did to him in '16. I don't count his last 2 les since Durant was the best player on those two le teams. I'm just being bold but calling my shot. In the next 7 years Jokic will have at least 1 le. If he gets 1 he's passing Curry automatically since Curry doesn't get credit for the last 2 les for being the guy.
    Last edited by daslicer; 05-17-2021 at 10:33 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Jokic got my attention when he took out the Spurs a few years back. Prior to that series I thought he was overrated but then I started to watch him closely and was amazed by how dominant he is on the offensive end. He is one of the few big men today in which you can't put undersized players on. It's why the Warriors when they were loaded had problems with him because Draymond could not shove him out of the paint and force him to take ugly fade away jump shots. Jokic has Steve Nash like IQ on the offensive end. He can dominate in the post, hit the 3, and orchestrate an offense with his great play making abilities. The only player who impacts the game more on the offensive end today is Lebron when he's healthy.
    2. Going by your logic then '02 Duncan wasn't a great playoff performer since he couldn't get passed the Lakers in round 2. Terrible logic. The playoffs are about match up's. Jokic hasn't lost in the first round yet. If he gets out again this year it will be the third year in a row he's gotten passed the first round. Very few players in this league can get their teams consistently out of round 1. All the teams in the West tanked to avoid the Lakers. Do they also get discredited by you for doing so?
    3. Again Jokic has had the same amount of success Harden had at his his age of 26. At the age of 26, Harden had only lead the Rockets to 1 WCF appearance which resulted in them losing to the Warriors in 5 games in the WCF. The next year Harden lead the Rockets to lose again to the Warriors in round 1. I willing to bet in the next 7 years Jokic will have a few more WCF appearances.
    4. I would put Giannis ahead of Jokic if he could get the Bucks to the finals this year but until he does it I will take Jokic over him.
    5. Jokic's defense is his weakness. I think he's gotten better now where he's now average. He can never be better than average on the defensive end. I think best solution for the Nuggets when it comes to his defense is to put an interior rim protector next to him much like the Mavs did with Dirk when they added Chandler, and in the past when they had Dampier. Embiid is an interesting player if he gets the Sixers out of the East I would rank him higher than Jokic. Embiid has a lot to prove to me since his last 2 playoff runs have been duds.
    6. Curry needs a lot going right for him to win. He needs a ridiculously stacked team to get you to the Finals and even then he can be had as proven by what the Cavs did to him in '16. I don't count his last 2 les since Durant was the best player on those two le teams. I'm just being bold but calling my shot. In the next 7 years Jokic will have at least 1 le. If he gets 1 he's passing Curry automatically since Curry doesn't get credit for the last 2 les for being the guy.
    1. Hey man I like Joker too. All trolling aside, he is a damn good player and Denver got really lucky by getting him. Him and Kawhi would've been insta les together for a very long time. They would play off each other so well as Joker does everything Kawhi can't do like playmake and take a back seat to others offensively while Kawhi would cover up for Jokic's defensive deficiencies. It's like the go back in time scenario for me that would be my dream.

2. Nah Duncan had a le in 99 and a FMVP. Plus he made it to the WCF the year before. Plus he won an MVP and Shaq and Kobe that year were light years ahead of old injured Lebron and overrated injured Davis. Nuggets should've wanted revenge for last year. Just like the Spurs were happy to play the Heat in the finals. Winners don't run away.

3. If you are projecting Jokic future then yeah he could be better than Harden.

4. It's just weird to me that you don't think Giannis can lead his team and Jokic can. Although the Lebron effect is real where all the stars headed out East once he got here. To me, both Denver and Mil are run badly. Denver has always been a tease but just fails to make the right moves. Idk if I trust them going forward to make the moves. They aren't that deep and Murray will take a bit to come back to full health. Meanwhile, to me if Giannis beats the Nets but then loses in like 7 to the 76ers then that would be enough for me to be a impressed.
    5. Embiid is another dude who has been outta shape. Also his quote where he says if he tries then he is the best defender has me feel sketched by him. Dude you shouldn't have to say, "well if I try." But this is his first time having a real coach. say what you want about Crock Quitters, but he is much better than Brett Brown. As long as the nets don't ring then idc who does. I'm tired of diva players whining about their own deficiencies and just bailing on teams after getting paid 45 million a year. It's bad business in the long run, which the NBA is finding out about with their ratings.
    6.All players need a lot going for them to ring. It's how it works. But let's not act like the Warriors were this super stacked team. Draymond has always been an overrated piece of that depends on Steph and Klay. Yeah the dude leads them in assists, but if Steph is being double teamed every ing time and he passes it to Draymond who now has a 4 against 3 situation every possession then I expect him to get assists. His play making to me is overrated. Teams trap Curry 35 feet from the basket. He dumps the ball to Draymond who takes like 3 dribbles and then passes it to a dude for a lay up or a wide open 3. Either way, it's all bc of Curry. It helped a lot though with Thompson bc you couldn't leave him at all which really made it a 3 vs 2 situation and Draymond could score the ball more while still getting his assists. And EVERY time the Warriors had to play against a star, Draymond didn't guard them or if he did he sucked when he did. Dude is a good help defender but about the most overrated man defender ever. He isn't fast enough, long enough enough, or strong enough to play against real players. Klay though is really good and a big reason why they were so good. But even he depends on Steph since he can't dribble for and has never seen a double team in his life.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd be pissed if they did tbh (unless they somehow cucked the Lakers).
    As fun as it would be, the only way that happens is if the Lakers lose to the Warriors first.

At which point, in a matchup between San Antonio and Los Angeles for the 8th spot...there is no way in the NBA lets San Antonio win that game. We could shoot 100% from three, but the Lakers would be gifted 60 free throws if that's what it came down to.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Hey man I like Joker too. All trolling aside, he is a damn good player and Denver got really lucky by getting him. Him and Kawhi would've been insta les together for a very long time. They would play off each other so well as Joker does everything Kawhi can't do like playmake and take a back seat to others offensively while Kawhi would cover up for Jokic's defensive deficiencies. It's like the go back in time scenario for me that would be my dream.

2. Nah Duncan had a le in 99 and a FMVP. Plus he made it to the WCF the year before. Plus he won an MVP and Shaq and Kobe that year were light years ahead of old injured Lebron and overrated injured Davis. Nuggets should've wanted revenge for last year. Just like the Spurs were happy to play the Heat in the finals. Winners don't run away.

3. If you are projecting Jokic future then yeah he could be better than Harden.

4. It's just weird to me that you don't think Giannis can lead his team and Jokic can. Although the Lebron effect is real where all the stars headed out East once he got here. To me, both Denver and Mil are run badly. Denver has always been a tease but just fails to make the right moves. Idk if I trust them going forward to make the moves. They aren't that deep and Murray will take a bit to come back to full health. Meanwhile, to me if Giannis beats the Nets but then loses in like 7 to the 76ers then that would be enough for me to be a impressed.
    5. Embiid is another dude who has been outta shape. Also his quote where he says if he tries then he is the best defender has me feel sketched by him. Dude you shouldn't have to say, "well if I try." But this is his first time having a real coach. say what you want about Crock Quitters, but he is much better than Brett Brown. As long as the nets don't ring then idc who does. I'm tired of diva players whining about their own deficiencies and just bailing on teams after getting paid 45 million a year. It's bad business in the long run, which the NBA is finding out about with their ratings.
    6.All players need a lot going for them to ring. It's how it works. But let's not act like the Warriors were this super stacked team. Draymond has always been an overrated piece of that depends on Steph and Klay. Yeah the dude leads them in assists, but if Steph is being double teamed every ing time and he passes it to Draymond who now has a 4 against 3 situation every possession then I expect him to get assists. His play making to me is overrated. Teams trap Curry 35 feet from the basket. He dumps the ball to Draymond who takes like 3 dribbles and then passes it to a dude for a lay up or a wide open 3. Either way, it's all bc of Curry. It helped a lot though with Thompson bc you couldn't leave him at all which really made it a 3 vs 2 situation and Draymond could score the ball more while still getting his assists. And EVERY time the Warriors had to play against a star, Draymond didn't guard them or if he did he sucked when he did. Dude is a good help defender but about the most overrated man defender ever. He isn't fast enough, long enough enough, or strong enough to play against real players. Klay though is really good and a big reason why they were so good. But even he depends on Steph since he can't dribble for and has never seen a double team in his life.
    1. Spurs would have never been able to get revenge on the Heat if they had lost Kawhi to injury earlier in the season. Nuggets can't get revenge with Murray being out. Losing Murray was a huge loss. Now if they still had Murray then I'm all for having the rematch. I will also say I don't necessarily agree with what you said about winners not running away. That's not always true. Spurs were thankful in '07 when the Warriors eliminated the Mavs since the Mavs had given them problems the last few years. I have also heard how the Warriors celebrated in '15 when the Clippers took out the Spurs in the earlier round since they felt the Spurs were the only team capable of beating them.
    2. You think Davis-Lebron is overrated. I disagree and I say this as someone who dislikes both of them. I think they are going to at least get to the WCF. If they don't play the Clippers then they are going back to the Finals.
    3. Giannis let me down the last two years. I watched him closely in the playoffs both in '19 and '20. Once the Heat and the Raptors formed the wall he fell apart. I just don't trust him and this is coming from someone that picked the Bucks to get out of the east both times in the last 2 years. I will eat crow if he leads them to the finals.
    4. Embiid pissed me off in '19 since I was rooting for this chode to take out Kawhi in the playoffs. Sixers should have easily won that series against the Raptors. He is really that talented but this guy half assed it and according to Sixer fans is an alcoholic. In the two games he showed up in that series the Sixers blew out the Raptors but in the 5 other games he was complete trash due to his bad conditioning and his drinking problems. He has the potential to win it all but I don't know if he has the drive to do it but we'll see come playoff time if he has changed.
    5. Curry is a great scorer and his center of gravity is ridiculous but he needs an all time great shooter like Klay to space the floor for him. A lot of people underrate Klay but he gave Curry godlike space to operate. He also bailed out Curry in the OKC series a few years ago when he was choking. Very few players have the ability to score like Klay can. This is guy who once got 60 points on I think only 20 dribbles. Curry can still put up great numbers without Klay like he's doing this year but he can't win a bunch of games without him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Spurs would have never been able to get revenge on the Heat if they had lost Kawhi to injury earlier in the season. Nuggets can't get revenge with Murray being out. Losing Murray was a huge loss. Now if they still had Murray then I'm all for having the rematch. I will also say I don't necessarily agree with what you said about winners not running away. That's not always true. Spurs were thankful in '07 when the Warriors eliminated the Mavs since the Mavs had given them problems the last few years. I have also heard how the Warriors celebrated in '15 when the Clippers took out the Spurs in the earlier round since they felt the Spurs were the only team capable of beating them.
    2. You think Davis-Lebron is overrated. I disagree and I say this as someone who dislikes both of them. I think they are going to at least get to the WCF. If they don't play the Clippers then they are going back to the Finals.
    3. Giannis let me down the last two years. I watched him closely in the playoffs both in '19 and '20. Once the Heat and the Raptors formed the wall he fell apart. I just don't trust him and this is coming from someone that picked the Bucks to get out of the east both times in the last 2 years. I will eat crow if he leads them to the finals.
    4. Embiid pissed me off in '19 since I was rooting for this chode to take out Kawhi in the playoffs. Sixers should have easily won that series against the Raptors. He is really that talented but this guy half assed it and according to Sixer fans is an alcoholic. In the two games he showed up in that series the Sixers blew out the Raptors but in the 5 other games he was complete trash due to his bad conditioning and his drinking problems. He has the potential to win it all but I don't know if he has the drive to do it but we'll see come playoff time if he has changed.
    5. Curry is a great scorer and his center of gravity is ridiculous but he needs an all time great shooter like Klay to space the floor for him. A lot of people underrate Klay but he gave Curry godlike space to operate. He also bailed out Curry in the OKC series a few years ago when he was choking. Very few players have the ability to score like Klay can. This is guy who once got 60 points on I think only 20 dribbles. Curry can still put up great numbers without Klay like he's doing this year but he can't win a bunch of games without him.
    I like your point about the Nuggz. Without Murray they would lose in a sweep. Yeah you can be happy a team has lost before you face them. I didn't want to face Kobe and Shaq every ing year (sans 1) from 99-04 but I never thought we should've run away from them. I always kinda think about things differently. Like people say Lebron made it to the finals in 07 and how impressive it was, but to me they would've been boat raced by Phoenix too. They weren't the 2nd best team in the league at all. Just like how I didn't consider AI's sixers a better team than us. So to me, yes Duncan didn't make the finals in 2001 but we were the second best team.

I think Davis is overrated. I don't think Lebron is, but he is injured and far from 100%. If you are asking me would i rather face prime Shaq and Kobe or this year's Leron/AD I would choose to face Lebron/AD every time and not think twice about it. So the comparison to Lebron's team Laker team to the Shaq's isn't a good one.

Giannis let me down too, but do you remember how badly officiated that game 3 was for Mil vs Tor? The league did everything in their power to make Toronto win, they even fouled out Giannis for the first time that whole season. And it still went to like 2OT. They didn't want it to be a quick series so they sent in their crew to extend it which is such bull bc it cost Mila a legit finals experience. Last year though there was zero excuse. he just got outclassed/played

Yeah Embiid reminds me of how Shaq used to act in 2003 and 2004 except atleast Shaq threepeated. Embiid hasn't done and he's still too lazy to be in playing shape. This is the first time though he hasn't been coddled by a coach and has real expectations set on him so let's see how he does. As an NBA fan I'm excited for the playoffs

Klay is very underrated. He was the glue to the whole thing. he guarded Harden and CP3 and Lebron and Kyrie and whoever. The dude is a winner. He's probably my favorite nonSpur just bc he reminds me of Manu. Not the showmanship of Manu but just the willingness to do whatever it takes to win. Hit a clutch 3, guard the best player, ice the game at the free throw line. He's as tough as they come mentally too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As fun as it would be, the only way that happens is if the Lakers lose to the Warriors first.

At which point, in a matchup between San Antonio and Los Angeles for the 8th spot...there is no way in the NBA lets San Antonio win that game. We could shoot 100% from three, but the Lakers would be gifted 60 free throws if that's what it came down to.
    It is so depressing to think this but it's also true. A team is better off not putting themselves in this situation if they can. Some fans have argued that the moment the Lakers get eliminated by a lower seed that wouldn't have made it except for a fluke shooting game in the play in is the moment that the play in will be scratched. I also see this as a possibility. As exciting as it is to have seeding and even entry to the playoffs decided at the last minute, the moment some stars start losing a game that determines their entry to the playoffs because of simple things like even a flu is the moment that thing is scratched. (meaning someone even getting a stomach flu and unable to play that day can cost the team the playoffs... it seems unfair when it should be the result of a full season of games.) Interesting discussion though.

It will be fun to see the Spurs young ins get experience anyways from a fan perspective.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like your point about the Nuggz. Without Murray they would lose in a sweep. Yeah you can be happy a team has lost before you face them. I didn't want to face Kobe and Shaq every ing year (sans 1) from 99-04 but I never thought we should've run away from them. I always kinda think about things differently. Like people say Lebron made it to the finals in 07 and how impressive it was, but to me they would've been boat raced by Phoenix too. They weren't the 2nd best team in the league at all. Just like how I didn't consider AI's sixers a better team than us. So to me, yes Duncan didn't make the finals in 2001 but we were the second best team.

I think Davis is overrated. I don't think Lebron is, but he is injured and far from 100%. If you are asking me would i rather face prime Shaq and Kobe or this year's Leron/AD I would choose to face Lebron/AD every time and not think twice about it. So the comparison to Lebron's team Laker team to the Shaq's isn't a good one.

Giannis let me down too, but do you remember how badly officiated that game 3 was for Mil vs Tor? The league did everything in their power to make Toronto win, they even fouled out Giannis for the first time that whole season. And it still went to like 2OT. They didn't want it to be a quick series so they sent in their crew to extend it which is such bull bc it cost Mila a legit finals experience. Last year though there was zero excuse. he just got outclassed/played

Yeah Embiid reminds me of how Shaq used to act in 2003 and 2004 except atleast Shaq threepeated. Embiid hasn't done and he's still too lazy to be in playing shape. This is the first time though he hasn't been coddled by a coach and has real expectations set on him so let's see how he does. As an NBA fan I'm excited for the playoffs

Klay is very underrated. He was the glue to the whole thing. he guarded Harden and CP3 and Lebron and Kyrie and whoever. The dude is a winner. He's probably my favorite nonSpur just bc he reminds me of Manu. Not the showmanship of Manu but just the willingness to do whatever it takes to win. Hit a clutch 3, guard the best player, ice the game at the free throw line. He's as tough as they come mentally too.
    1. I don't believe in necessarily running away from an opponent but I'am a strong believer of taking the easier path. If you can take an easier path then go for it. If you have to take the harder path then you just take it and deal with it head on. To me it's all about being strategic. I have to be honest the only year I didn't want the Spurs to face the Lakers was '04. For a few reasons. I was mentally burned out from facing them 3 years in a row and thought after '03 that the Spurs had finally figured out these ers and was going to have an easy time with them gong forward. Which I do believe they would have had if those two bums Malone and Payton not signed with them. That was a disgusting bail out. Without Malone-Payton Spurs would have swept them. Anyways I knew the Lakers would play dirty with both GP and Malone since those two were historically dirty players and unfortunately they played same positions as Parker/Duncan. Even when the Spurs were up 2-0 I had a bad feeling the series was going to get dirty once it came to LA since the media was advocating for it and the refs were going to swallow the whistle. That is exactly what happened once the series went back to LA. Granted they lucked out with .4

2. Davis is overrated in the sense he's not a legit number 1 option that can carry a team like Lebron,Durant,Giannis,Jokic,Kawhi, etc. However when you pair him with Lebron then he becomes a dominant force on the offensive end. Lebron's center of gravity makes him look like a top 5 player on the offensive end and he's always been a great defensive player. Lebron-Davis is not as good as Kobe-Shaq was but I would say they are more like Kobe-Gasol on steroids.

3. Lebron has a psychological edge on a lot of these young players. Look how he's broken Derozan. I saw it when he was in the East and should have lost with them bum Cavs team to Oladipo's Pacers and Tatum's celtics. Both couldn't close the door on him. The guys who beat him tend to be legit superstars. I don't think Gobert-Mitc ,Ayton-Booker have it in themselves to take him out. I pick the clippers to beat the Lakers because Kawhi does not fear Lebron and actually believes he's better than him based off of his previous sucess against Lebron in the playoffs. Outside of the Clippers I believe any of the top 3 teams in the East in the Sixers,Nets,Bucks will take out the Lakers. They all have the Superstars and dept to do it while only the Clippers have it in the west.

4. I agree with you on the refs giving the Raptors that double OT game. What did it for me was how Miami took out Giannis in '20. It showed to me that he still hadn't figured out how to break the wall which was disappointing. If you are truly an all time great you figure out these schemes quickly. For example Duncan figuring out how to pass out of double teams with the Lakers exploiting in '01 and the next year in '02 it was no longer a weakness. If Miami was a superior team talent wise I would have given him a pass for losing. For example I never got upset at Tim for losing in '02 to the Lakers because I knew it was unfair match up talent wise at the time. He really didn't have enough help to win that year.

5. The Shaq comparisons to Embiid when it comes to immaturity seems correct. I'm not a hater of his I actually want to see him do well. I hope he proves me wrong but he has a lot to prove to make up for his shortcomings from the past few years in the playoffs before I give him respect.

6. Agreed I feel the same way about Klay.

7. Playoffs will be very interesting in both conferences. In the East you have 3 powerhouses in the Sixers,Nets,Bucks. There is going to be 2 great series with all 3 of these teams involved. In the West I predict a Clippers-Lakers WCF. I think the Lakers will take out either Jazz or Suns in round 1. I'm just interested to see if the Suns or Jazz will fold up in facing the Lakers or if they can pull off the upset. Mavs-Clippers first round series will be ugly and filed with bad blood. I'm looking forward to seeing how that plays out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ive never seen ja morant and the rest of the grizzlies play like total pussies
    (with the exception of that dude that fouled out)
    Was as if the game was rigged after the guy fouled out.

Including Jaren Jackson who several plays didn't even attempt to make it look like theater effort.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This has been an interesting read you two, thanks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Grizzlies by 20

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Charlotte Hornets PR @HornetsPR
    12m
    INJURY REPORT: @hornets at IND 5/18 Gordon Hayward (R Foot Sprain) out Cody Martin (L Ankle Sprain) out #AllFly

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. I don't believe in necessarily running away from an opponent but I'am a strong believer of taking the easier path. If you can take an easier path then go for it. If you have to take the harder path then you just take it and deal with it head on. To me it's all about being strategic. I have to be honest the only year I didn't want the Spurs to face the Lakers was '04. For a few reasons. I was mentally burned out from facing them 3 years in a row and thought after '03 that the Spurs had finally figured out these ers and was going to have an easy time with them gong forward. Which I do believe they would have had if those two bums Malone and Payton not signed with them. That was a disgusting bail out. Without Malone-Payton Spurs would have swept them. Anyways I knew the Lakers would play dirty with both GP and Malone since those two were historically dirty players and unfortunately they played same positions as Parker/Duncan. Even when the Spurs were up 2-0 I had a bad feeling the series was going to get dirty once it came to LA since the media was advocating for it and the refs were going to swallow the whistle. That is exactly what happened once the series went back to LA. Granted they lucked out with .4

2. Davis is overrated in the sense he's not a legit number 1 option that can carry a team like Lebron,Durant,Giannis,Jokic,Kawhi, etc. However when you pair him with Lebron then he becomes a dominant force on the offensive end. Lebron's center of gravity makes him look like a top 5 player on the offensive end and he's always been a great defensive player. Lebron-Davis is not as good as Kobe-Shaq was but I would say they are more like Kobe-Gasol on steroids.

3. Lebron has a psychological edge on a lot of these young players. Look how he's broken Derozan. I saw it when he was in the East and should have lost with them bum Cavs team to Oladipo's Pacers and Tatum's celtics. Both couldn't close the door on him. The guys who beat him tend to be legit superstars. I don't think Gobert-Mitc ,Ayton-Booker have it in themselves to take him out. I pick the clippers to beat the Lakers because Kawhi does not fear Lebron and actually believes he's better than him based off of his previous sucess against Lebron in the playoffs. Outside of the Clippers I believe any of the top 3 teams in the East in the Sixers,Nets,Bucks will take out the Lakers. They all have the Superstars and dept to do it while only the Clippers have it in the west.

4. I agree with you on the refs giving the Raptors that double OT game. What did it for me was how Miami took out Giannis in '20. It showed to me that he still hadn't figured out how to break the wall which was disappointing. If you are truly an all time great you figure out these schemes quickly. For example Duncan figuring out how to pass out of double teams with the Lakers exploiting in '01 and the next year in '02 it was no longer a weakness. If Miami was a superior team talent wise I would have given him a pass for losing. For example I never got upset at Tim for losing in '02 to the Lakers because I knew it was unfair match up talent wise at the time. He really didn't have enough help to win that year.

5. The Shaq comparisons to Embiid when it comes to immaturity seems correct. I'm not a hater of his I actually want to see him do well. I hope he proves me wrong but he has a lot to prove to make up for his shortcomings from the past few years in the playoffs before I give him respect.

6. Agreed I feel the same way about Klay.

7. Playoffs will be very interesting in both conferences. In the East you have 3 powerhouses in the Sixers,Nets,Bucks. There is going to be 2 great series with all 3 of these teams involved. In the West I predict a Clippers-Lakers WCF. I think the Lakers will take out either Jazz or Suns in round 1. I'm just interested to see if the Suns or Jazz will fold up in facing the Lakers or if they can pull off the upset. Mavs-Clippers first round series will be ugly and filed with bad blood. I'm looking forward to seeing how that plays out.
    1. There was an interview Horry did on ESPn years back when he just trash talked the whole Spurs and was saying how in 04 after the playoffs the only reason he came back the next year was bc people accused him of tanking the series and being a spy for LA and he was offended by these comments. But man the thing I remember about that series was how scared everybody but Tim looked through out it. Horry hit the side of the backboard on a wiiiiiide open 3 to ice the game for us. That's the image I have in my head when I think about that series and not the miracle illegal Fisher shot. I almost don't even see how that's physically possible to miss that badly , but 04 had more to do with the role players buttholes tightening up rather than Mailman/Payton.

2. There are so many players out there that fit the bill of Davis and to me that shows how ty college is for players. These guys are 1 and dones yes, but why are they even playing college when it does them zero good developmental wise. None of these big time coaches (Cal, Coach K, Roy Williams) give a about the 1 and dones anyways and it shows when they come into the league. A player like Okafur is out of the league in 5 years bc Roy Williams didn't bother coaching him in college and he came into the NBA with zero work ethic, knowledge, and adaptibility. It's easy to blame the kids, but someone has to teach them. To me that's why these great talents have no idea what to do with that talent and flame out as number 1 options. Then they get drafted to Minn or Sacramento, or NO, or the Process 76ers, and they continue to not learn any winning tendencies bc these franchises haven't won in decades. DJ literally said the same thing in his article, nobody taught him how to play growing up. These guys make a ton of money, but the flipside is that they don't live up to their potential.

Lebron had the Jordon effect. Guys were scared to play Jordan. They used to fold to him at the first sign of being punched in the mouth by him. It's the Mike Tyson effect too. Everyone thought thought they were tough til they took one of his hits. Lebron dominated an entire conference so badly that other teams were scared of him. God knows how many Jack in the box parking lots DDR went to those 3 straight years of losing to him. That's what separates the great from the all time greats. Teams were scared to face the Spurs. Nobody was scared to face the Twolves. It's what separates KG from TD to me.

I think the Suns match up very well with the Lakers. With fair reffing, I think they pull out that series. Lebron has trouble staying with young guys. He has been known to cheat on defense and he can't do that off of Bridges and he can't guard Booker. Meanwhile CP3 should be able to calm them down. I think they split the 1st two games of the series and game 4 is where the series will really start. I expect Phoenix to get some swagger after beating LA and do what young teams do and get overconfident and then get a rude awakening and not know how to handle the moment. I think if LA wins game 4 then that series is over in 6.

Guarding Paul George and Kawhi with Ingles and Bojan isn't exactly the key to winning that series I'm all in on Phoenix btw. I think they can win it all. So Clippers vs Suns WCF and 76ers vs Nets. Clippers vs Nets would be my nightmare finals btw. The amount of bags in that series alone would have to break the all time record

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. There was an interview Horry did on ESPn years back when he just trash talked the whole Spurs and was saying how in 04 after the playoffs the only reason he came back the next year was bc people accused him of tanking the series and being a spy for LA and he was offended by these comments. But man the thing I remember about that series was how scared everybody but Tim looked through out it. Horry hit the side of the backboard on a wiiiiiide open 3 to ice the game for us. That's the image I have in my head when I think about that series and not the miracle illegal Fisher shot. I almost don't even see how that's physically possible to miss that badly , but 04 had more to do with the role players buttholes tightening up rather than Mailman/Payton.

2. There are so many players out there that fit the bill of Davis and to me that shows how ty college is for players. These guys are 1 and dones yes, but why are they even playing college when it does them zero good developmental wise. None of these big time coaches (Cal, Coach K, Roy Williams) give a about the 1 and dones anyways and it shows when they come into the league. A player like Okafur is out of the league in 5 years bc Roy Williams didn't bother coaching him in college and he came into the NBA with zero work ethic, knowledge, and adaptibility. It's easy to blame the kids, but someone has to teach them. To me that's why these great talents have no idea what to do with that talent and flame out as number 1 options. Then they get drafted to Minn or Sacramento, or NO, or the Process 76ers, and they continue to not learn any winning tendencies bc these franchises haven't won in decades. DJ literally said the same thing in his article, nobody taught him how to play growing up. These guys make a ton of money, but the flipside is that they don't live up to their potential.

Lebron had the Jordon effect. Guys were scared to play Jordan. They used to fold to him at the first sign of being punched in the mouth by him. It's the Mike Tyson effect too. Everyone thought thought they were tough til they took one of his hits. Lebron dominated an entire conference so badly that other teams were scared of him. God knows how many Jack in the box parking lots DDR went to those 3 straight years of losing to him. That's what separates the great from the all time greats. Teams were scared to face the Spurs. Nobody was scared to face the Twolves. It's what separates KG from TD to me.

I think the Suns match up very well with the Lakers. With fair reffing, I think they pull out that series. Lebron has trouble staying with young guys. He has been known to cheat on defense and he can't do that off of Bridges and he can't guard Booker. Meanwhile CP3 should be able to calm them down. I think they split the 1st two games of the series and game 4 is where the series will really start. I expect Phoenix to get some swagger after beating LA and do what young teams do and get overconfident and then get a rude awakening and not know how to handle the moment. I think if LA wins game 4 then that series is over in 6.

Guarding Paul George and Kawhi with Ingles and Bojan isn't exactly the key to winning that series I'm all in on Phoenix btw. I think they can win it all. So Clippers vs Suns WCF and 76ers vs Nets. Clippers vs Nets would be my nightmare finals btw. The amount of bags in that series alone would have to break the all time record
    1. Malone was big in that Lakers series. Once he set his mind to dirty up the game he was great on the defensive end. Not only did he hack the out of Tim on every possession and get away with it he was also good at switching out on the perimeter for help defense. The first two games of the series Tim dominated but once the Lakers started double teaming aggressively with Malone-Shaq it slowed everything. You are right though the role players folded up by missing tons of open shots cough cough Hedo,Horry,etc. I still do believe if the Lakers didn't have Malone and had the scrub Samaki like they did a year earlier than Tim dominates easily again even if they try the double teams. Also Tony folded up once Gary started playing dirty after the first two games. I feel Malone gave it his all in that series against the Spurs which eventually resulted in his knee giving out in the finals. If only it had happened earlier to that bas the Spurs would have prevailed.

2. The one and done is a scam and is useless for player development. The college game/model is outdated. I feel the NBA needs to just send all these young kids to G-league for a few years to develop.

3. Agreed with Lebron having the Jordan effect on guys. I will say most team were scared of facing the Spurs during the Duncan era but they were a few that weren't. The Grizzlies in '11 when they openly tanked to get the Spurs and beat them in the first round. The Mavs in '09 when they tanked to get the Spurs in the first round. I still remember JJ Barea talking about how the Mavs
    wanted the Spurs because they knew they could beat them. It sucked losing both series but credit to the Spurs for getting revenge on both teams later on by beating them in playoff rematches.

4. Jazz are such a soft team. I can see either the Clippers or Lakers breaking them. The problem with Phoenix is their young core has zero playoff experience. The moment they face any adversity they could crumble against the Lakers.

5. I have actually picked the Nets to win it all. Kyrie-KD-Harden are all bags but I don't why but I do enjoy seeing people go crazy over them winning. I also think even if the Nets win that their big 3 are all train wrecks psychological that they still won't be happy when they don't get credit on social media. I can see KD still fighting with people on twitter and going nuts. Kyrie is such a basket case that I could see him converting to being a monk afterwards. With Harden I just see him wasting millions of dollars on strippers and becoming super fat and out of shape and not caring anymore.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Malone was big in that Lakers series. Once he set his mind to dirty up the game he was great on the defensive end. Not only did he hack the out of Tim on every possession and get away with it he was also good at switching out on the perimeter for help defense. The first two games of the series Tim dominated but once the Lakers started double teaming aggressively with Malone-Shaq it slowed everything. You are right though the role players folded up by missing tons of open shots cough cough Hedo,Horry,etc. I still do believe if the Lakers didn't have Malone and had the scrub Samaki like they did a year earlier than Tim dominates easily again even if they try the double teams. Also Tony folded up once Gary started playing dirty after the first two games. I feel Malone gave it his all in that series against the Spurs which eventually resulted in his knee giving out in the finals. If only it had happened earlier to that bas the Spurs would have prevailed.

2. The one and done is a scam and is useless for player development. The college game/model is outdated. I feel the NBA needs to just send all these young kids to G-league for a few years to develop.

3. Agreed with Lebron having the Jordan effect on guys. I will say most team were scared of facing the Spurs during the Duncan era but they were a few that weren't. The Grizzlies in '11 when they openly tanked to get the Spurs and beat them in the first round. The Mavs in '09 when they tanked to get the Spurs in the first round. I still remember JJ Barea talking about how the Mavs
    wanted the Spurs because they knew they could beat them. It sucked losing both series but credit to the Spurs for getting revenge on both teams later on by beating them in playoff rematches.

4. Jazz are such a soft team. I can see either the Clippers or Lakers breaking them. The problem with Phoenix is their young core has zero playoff experience. The moment they face any adversity they could crumble against the Lakers.

5. I have actually picked the Nets to win it all. Kyrie-KD-Harden are all bags but I don't why but I do enjoy seeing people go crazy over them winning. I also think even if the Nets win that their big 3 are all train wrecks psychological that they still won't be happy when they don't get credit on social media. I can see KD still fighting with people on twitter and going nuts. Kyrie is such a basket case that I could see him converting to being a monk afterwards. With Harden I just see him wasting millions of dollars on strippers and becoming super fat and out of shape and not caring anymore.
    Sorry, you're saying the Jazz are soft and the CLIPPERS or LAKERS are harder? WTF?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry, you're saying the Jazz are soft and the CLIPPERS or LAKERS are harder? WTF?
    Yes I think Gobert,Ingles,Mitc are not mentally tough. It's the reason why they blew a 3-1 lead against the Nuggets last year. You can say the same with the Clippers with what happened last year. I think the Clippers just match up better with the Jazz than the Jazz do with them when it comes down to talent. Lakers and Clippers are harder opponents than the Jazz. I hope the Jazz prove me wrong but I doubt they will.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA announced Game 1 dates.

ESPN @espn

31m
    THE RACE BEGINS

**Editor: "ESPN you know the Spurs are in the play-in?"

ESPN: "who cares run the tweet anyway."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shams Charania ShamsCharania

Just in: Indiana Pacers guard Caris LeVert is expected to miss tonight’s Play-In Tournament game vs. the Charlotte Hornets due to health and safety protocols, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Our guys need to post that ad in the locker room. Lots of Spurs love out there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's see how Dejounte does with bulletin board material

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's see how Dejounte does with bulletin board material

This is so ESPN, I'm not even surprised.

Thread Information