Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    NFL offseason schedule 2019

FEBRUARY

• Feb. 4: Waiver system begins for 2019.
    • Feb. 12: Beginning at 12:00 noon, New York time, NFL clubs may begin to sign players whose 2019 CFL contracts have expired. Players under contract to a CFL club for the 2019 season or who have an option for the 2019 season are not eligible to be signed.
    • Feb. 19: First day for clubs to designate Franchise or Transition Players.
    • Feb. 26-March 4: NFL Scouting Combine, Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis, Indiana.

MARCH

• March 5: Prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, deadline for clubs to designate Franchise or Transition Players.
    • March 11-13: Clubs are permitted to contact, and enter into contract negotiations with, the certified agents of players who will become Unrestricted Free Agents upon the expiration of their 2018 player contracts at 4:00 p.m., New York time, on March 13.
    • March 13: Prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, clubs must exercise options for 2019 on all players who have option clauses in their 2018 contracts.
    • March 13: Prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, clubs must submit qualifying offers to their Restricted Free Agents with expiring contracts to retain a Right of First Refusal/Compensation.
    • March 13: Prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, clubs must submit a minimum salary tender to retain exclusive negotiating rights to their players with expiring 2018 contracts who have fewer than three accrued seasons of free agency credit.
    • March 13: Top 51 Rule begins. All clubs must be under the 2019 Salary Cap prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time.
    • March 13: All 2018 player contracts will expire at 4:00 p.m., New York time.
    • March 13: The 2019 league year and free agency period begin at 4:00 p.m., New York time. The first day of the 2019 league year will end at 11:59:59 p.m., New York time, on March 13. Clubs will receive a personnel notice that will include all transactions submitted to the league office during the period between 4:00 p.m., New York time, and 11:59:59 p.m., New York time, on March 13.
    • March 13: Trading period for 2019 begins at 4:00 p.m., New York time, after expiration of all 2018 contracts.
    • March 24-27: Annual League Meeting, Phoenix, Arizona.

APRIL

• April 1: Clubs that hired a new head coach after the end of the 2018 regular season may begin offseason workout programs.
    • April 15: Clubs with returning head coaches may begin offseason workout programs.
    • April 19: Deadline for Restricted Free Agents to sign offer sheets.
    • April 25-27: 2019 NFL Draft, Nashville, Tennessee.

MAY

• May 3-6: Clubs may elect to hold their one three-day post-Draft rookie minicamp from Friday through Sunday or Saturday through Monday.
    • May 7: Deadline for prior club to send “May 7 Tender” to its unsigned Unrestricted Free Agents. If the player has not signed a player contract with a club by July 22 or the first scheduled day of the first NFL training camp, whichever is later, he may negotiate or sign a player contract from that date until the Tuesday following the 10th weekend of the regular season, at 4:00 p.m., New York time, only with his prior club.
    • May 10-13: Clubs may elect to hold their one three-day post-Draft rookie minicamp from Friday through Sunday or Saturday through Monday.
    • May 13: Rookie Football Development Programs begin.
    • May 16-19: NFLPA Rookie Premiere. Invited rookies (typically, first and/or second-round selections) must be permitted by their respective clubs to attend. Such players are unavailable for offseason workouts, OTA days, and minicamps during this period.
    • May 20-22: Spring League Meeting, Key Biscayne, Florida.

JUNE

• June 2: For any player removed from the club’s roster or whose contract is assigned via waivers or trade on or after June 2, any unamortized signing bonus amounts for future years will be included fully in team salary at the start of the 2020 league year.
    • June 3: Deadline for prior club to send “June 1 Tender” to its unsigned Restricted Free Agents who received a qualifying offer for a right of first refusal only in order for such player to be subject to the CBA’s “June 15 Tender” provision.
    • June 15: Deadline for club to withdraw qualifying offer to Restricted Free Agents and still retain exclusive negotiating rights by subs uting “June 15 Tender” of one-year contract at 110 percent of the player’s prior-year Paragraph 5 Salary (with all other terms of his prior-year contract carried forward unchanged).
    • Late June: Rookie Transition Program to be held at individual clubs. Attendance is mandatory for all 2019 rookies.

JULY

• July 15: At 4:00 p.m., New York time, deadline for any club that designated a Franchise Player to sign such player to a multiyear contract or extension. After this date, the player may sign only a one- year contract with his prior club for the 2019 season, and such contract cannot be extended until after the club’s last regular season game.
    • Mid-July: Clubs are permitted to open preseason training camp for rookies and first-year players beginning seven days prior to the club’s earliest permissible mandatory reporting date for veteran players. Veteran players (defined as a player with at least one pension-credited season) other than quarterbacks or “injured players” (as defined in CBA Article 21, Section 6) may report to a club’s preseason training camp no earlier than 15 days prior to the club’s first scheduled preseason game or July 15, whichever is later. Veteran quarterbacks and injured players may be required to report to the club’s preseason training camp no earlier than five days immediately prior to the mandatory reporting date for all other veteran players, provided the club has already opened (or simultaneously opens) its official preseason training camp for all rookies and first-year players. A three-day acclimation period will apply to players who are on a club’s roster up to and including the mandatory veteran reporting date. Players who rejoin the roster after that date may practice (including wearing pads) and play immediately after passing a physical.
    • July 22*: Signing period ends for Unrestricted Free Agents to whom a “May 7 Tender” was made by prior club. After this date and until 4:00 p.m., New York time, on the Tuesday following the 10th weekend of the regular season, prior club has exclusive negotiating rights. (*or the first scheduled day of the first NFL training camp, whichever is later). Signing period ends for Transition Players with outstanding tenders. After this date and until 4:00 p.m., New York time, on the Tuesday following the 10th weekend of the regular season, prior club has exclusive negotiating rights.

AUGUST

• Aug. 1: Hall of Fame Game, Canton, Ohio.
    • Aug. 1-4: Hall of Fame Weekend, Canton, Ohio.
    • Aug. 6: Deadline for players under contract to report to their clubs to earn an accrued season for free agency. If a drafted rookie has not signed with his club by this date, he cannot be traded to any other club in 2019, and may sign a player contract only with the drafting club until the day of the Draft in the 2020 league year.
    • Aug. 31: Prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, clubs must reduce rosters to a maximum of 53 players on the Active/Inactive List. Simultaneously with the cut-down to 53, clubs that have players in the categories of Active/Physically Unable to Perform or Active/Non-Football Injury or Illness must select one of the following options: place player on Reserve/Physically Unable to Perform or Reserve/Non- Football Injury or Illness, whichever is applicable; request waivers; terminate contract; trade contract; or continue to count the player on the Active List.

SEPTEMBER

• Sept. 1: Claiming period for players placed on waivers at the final roster reduction will expire at 12:00 noon, New York time.
    • Sept. 1: Upon receipt of the Personnel Notice at approximately 1:00 p.m., New York time, clubs may establish a practice squad of 10 players (clubs participating in the International Player Development Program may sign one additional international player to a Practice Player Contract.) No club, including the player’s prior club, will be permitted to sign a player to a practice player contract until all clubs have received simultaneous notification via the above Personnel Notice that such player’s prior NFL player contract has been terminated via the waiver system.
    • Sept. 5: At 12:00 a.m., New York time, the Top 51 Rule expires for all NFL clubs.
    • Sept. 5: 8-9 Regular Season Week 1.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    actual important dates:

Scouting Combine - February 26
    Franchise tags - March 5
    "Legal Tampering" - March 11
    Free Agency - March 13
    Draft - April 25
    Training Camp - Mid-July
    Hall of Fame game - August 1
    Regular Season - September 5

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Going to be a great year for free agents imo. Not a great free agent class and a lot of teams with more cap room than they know what to do with. There also aren't very teams up against cap issues so I don't think we see very many good players getting cut.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    i just hope dat n*gga mike mayock still puts out a mock draft as a power move

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Patriots hire Greg Schiano as DC.

I've never been a fan of the guy as a head coach but it's a good sign Belichick hired a semi-big name who's going to actually want to add value instead of be another Matt Patricia.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Patriots hire Greg Schiano as DC.

I've never been a fan of the guy as a head coach but it's a good sign Belichick hired a semi-big name who's going to actually want to add value instead of be another Matt Patricia.
    but patricia is a rocket scientist!

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Prescott expects the Cowboys to “pay what’s deserved” and makes it clear he expects to be paid more than Patriots quarterback Tom Brady, who has a team-friendly deal that paid him $15 million in 2018.

“Nobody’s wife makes as much money as his wife does either,” Prescott told Trysta Krick of USA Today. “When Tom Brady isn’t the breadwinner in the home, then that’s a great problem to have.

“So, in that case, he can do that. He can do his contract however you want to do it.”

Brady’s wife, model Gisele Bundchen, earned $10 million in 2018 and $17.5 million in 2017, per reports.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Whodafuc Dak think he is?!

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    That’s a stupid comment for him to make. The discount Brady gives New England is basically the difference between a top tier QB and a 2nd tier QB. His cap hit next season is also $27mm and there’s no ing way Dak is worth that much of a cap hit.

you're a phony Holden_Caulfield's Avatar
    My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    as much as i dont want big nick on the jags, i hope they dont reach for a QB again like they did with bortles in 2014, i finally warmed up to him after the AFCCG last year and he goes on and falls off a cliff

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Flacco traded to Denver.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Flacco traded to Denver.
    He’s only an above average QB at his best but still an upgrade over the trash Denver has had at QB.

Baltimore going all in on the dog Lamar Jackson offense. That got a exposed the minute a team played against it more than once.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    He’s only an above average QB at his best but still an upgrade over the trash Denver has had at QB.

Baltimore going all in on the dog Lamar Jackson offense. That got a exposed the minute a team played against it more than once.
    Besides that offense sucking, I don't think he's going to last if they're going to have him run 15-20 times per game.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Besides that offense sucking, I don't think he's going to last if they're going to have him run 15-20 times per game.
    Truth, he’s got a frail build and wouldn’t hold up against a big hit. Russell Wilson has the stockier frame that a running QB needs for durability.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Truth, he’s got a frail build and wouldn’t hold up against a big hit. Russell Wilson has the stockier frame that a running QB needs for durability.
    Exactly. And most "running" QB are getting their yards in scramble situations when a play breaks down. I don't remember the exact stat but it was something like 70% of Jackson's runs were designed plays.
    I can't see this lasting.

And as you said, it doesn't matter anyway. Unless he can somehow develop as a passer, that offense is going to be terrible.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    The Denver Fluccos

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count

i dont think that's them "going all in". flacco is getting paid 20+ mil to be the backup. makes sense to trade him regardless, tho imo they should draft a QB as well until they are sure in what they have with lamar...

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    This is the best one tbh

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    So Gurley's been diagnosed with arthritis in his hurt knee.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    So Gurley's been diagnosed with arthritis in his hurt knee.
    Wow. Bad news. They didn’t say what specific kind. I guess osteoarthritis is the most likely. Probably facing amputation in the next 2 years.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Nick Foles to the Jaguars looks like a done deal, unless he pulls a DeAndre Jordan on them.
    Yes.

https://deadspin.com/report-nick-fol...-en-1833022264

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Nick gonna bring that BDE to Sacksonville, just after their super bowl window closed

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    Clowney tagged

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Lawrence tagged. Hopefully he gets traded for a mid-high 1st

Thread Information