Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some of the Spurs biggest needs are defense and three point shooting. I don't know if Walker solves any of those two problems. He's athletic, quick, and obviously can get to the basket, but that doesn't fix two of the major problems the Spurs have. However, that still doesn't justify Belinelli getting more playing time than Walker. If Belinelli were shooting lights out from downtown then I could see him getting more playing time than Walker, but that's simply not the case right now.

Not sure why he isn't getting at the very least 8-12 minutes per game.
    At this point, the Spurs look old and slow every single night. They can’t play defense because they can’t stay in front of anybody individually and collectively. They are slow to rebounds and loose balls, 50/50 plays.

Play the young athletes. We ain’t doing anything this year anyway. At least they’ll be exciting to watch grow. People are overreacting in thinking everyone will and moan about losing. It’s not the losing. It’s the way Pop is doing the same ol same ol. Playing the young guys would lower expectations and raise excitement knowing the franchise is at least moving in a new direction.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is inexcusable for Pop not be playing Murray and White together. What universe is this guys coaching in?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he responded to someone on Twitter who said that he should be playing more, that's why. Dedmon retweeted something similar early in his year here, vis a vis he and Gasol, and not only got sat down, he ultimately got run out of town.
    That's not why... That tweet was recent

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some of the Spurs biggest needs are defense and three point shooting. I don't know if Walker solves any of those two problems. He's athletic, quick, and obviously can get to the basket, but that doesn't fix two of the major problems the Spurs have. However, that still doesn't justify Belinelli getting more playing time than Walker. If Belinelli were shooting lights out from downtown then I could see him getting more playing time than Walker, but that's simply not the case right now.

Not sure why he isn't getting at the very least 8-12 minutes per game.
    Lonnie, mistakes and all, is already 10x the defender Beli is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he responded to someone on Twitter who said that he should be playing more, that's why. Dedmon retweeted something similar early in his year here, vis a vis he and Gasol, and not only got sat down, he ultimately got run out of town.
    Well then Pop is an idiot if he causes a young, talented player to want to bolt. You know how frustrated we are as fans with the losing and watching Forbes/Mills (to a lesser degree)/Beli play and be awful with no hope of improvement?

Now imagine Murray/White/Lonnie. These guys all know the truth and they know who is better. That is how you lose players and lockerooms; by playing favorites and not playing players based on merit.

Rudy mentioned Lonnie should be playing. We all know Lonnie should be playing. And we need to stop labeling what appears to be hardworking and talented players as malcontents when in reality it’s Pop playing favorites.

It’s one thing to have to sit there and take the coaching when it’s a championship level team with Tim/TP/Manu there. It’s another when you are a bottom dweller with guys like Beli/Forbes/Mills running wild.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well then Pop is an idiot if he causes a young, talented player to want to bolt. You know how frustrated we are as fans with the losing and watching Forbes/Mills (to a lesser degree)/Beli play and be awful with no hope of improvement?

Now imagine Murray/White/Lonnie. These guys all know the truth and they know who is better. That is how you lose players and lockerooms; by playing favorites and not playing players based on merit.

Rudy mentioned Lonnie should be playing. We all know Lonnie should be playing. And we need to stop labeling what appears to be hardworking and talented players as malcontents when in reality it’s Pop playing favorites.

It’s one thing to have to sit there and take the coaching when it’s a championship level team with Tim/TP/Manu there. It’s another when you are a bottom dweller with guys like Beli/Forbes/Mills running wild.
    Exactly... The midget brigade shoots with impunity and are the worst defensive players in the NBA... Can't pass, can't rebound... Yet they're pop's favorites

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know we used to joke about this, but Pop may actually like passive players and dislike demonstrative players... I can't think of one that he has had a good relationship with... So his constant benching of Murray may be to break him into submission...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's not why... That tweet was recent
    He didnt mean that literally..... Hes saying Lonnie may have shown or said something related to that tweet behind closed doors.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd rather see 48 minutes from Keldon, Walker and Metu than see the big scrub three Mills, Forbes and Marco out there.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whether or not Forbes is in the SL, Dumbmar still fits poorly with Dijon and LMA on the offensive end.

Yeah, but they could get by much better than this. It's the big giant hole(s) in the defense that make them unable to be compe ive. C'mon guys. Nobody thinks this roster is going to challenge anyone for the LOB. I get that. All I said was that DDR would be a lot more valuable on a different roster. And Forbes in the SL is a much bigger problem than having DDR on the floor with Aldridge and Murray.

Enemy of the FCC and AMA Dr. John R. Brinkley's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The distinction between tanking and trying to win has become completely subjective. To the point that if pop actually tried to tank we will probably win more games.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We all know Lonnie should be playing. And we need to stop labeling what appears to be hardworking and talented players as malcontents when in reality it’s Pop playing favorites.

I don't think or hope it's Pop playing favorites. My guess is it's part of Pop's psychology on players they value the most to tear them down and build them back up. It worked great when we had 3 hall of famers. Not so much when you have a starting back court of Mills/Forbes. I highly doubt the benching of Lonnie will continue for the entire year. If I'm wrong, don't be surprise to hear of a trade demand.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think or hope it's Pop playing favorites. My guess is it's part of Pop's psychology on players they value the most to tear them down and build them back up. It worked great when we had 3 hall of famers. Not so much when you have a starting back court of Mills/Forbes. I highly doubt the benching of Lonnie will continue for the entire year. If I'm wrong, don't be surprise to hear of a trade demand.
    Never should be on the bench over marco in the first place...

If I was Lonnie I would have been asked for a trade...

Lonnie is sitting on the bench so marco can have the worst season of his professional basketball career

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I definitely prefer to see the younger guys on the court but it makes all the sense in the world to not have those young guys playing if you’re actively trying to unload that veteran dead weights.

If I’m another GM and I see Lonnie balling out of the gym I’m for sure asking for him to be included in any package I put together especially if I’m moving another young piece.

If I’m Pop I’d be hiding my young talent too.

So complain all you want but it’s not all that illogical.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I definitely prefer to see the younger guys on the court but it makes all the sense in the world to not have those young guys playing if you’re actively trying to unload that veteran dead weights.

If I’m another GM and I see Lonnie balling out of the gym I’m for sure asking for him to be included in any package I put together especially if I’m moving another young piece.

If I’m Pop I’d be hiding my young talent too.

So complain all you want but it’s not all that illogical.
    It makes sense, and something most fans would agree on from strategic standpoint. But that’s dependent on their goal of actually wanting to unload the vets.

From the outside fans are seeing a terrible team with vets eating up the minutes and lack of development opportunities for the youth. The outrage is justified. But if they are actually wanting to unload vets, then yeah everyone will cool down and applaud the office.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie, mistakes and all, is already 10x the defender Beli is.
    Exactly. Not sure why he's not getting playing time. Belinelli has sucked offensively and defensively. No need to play him except for garbage time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luckily its only nov. lonie has to start finding his way into the rotation by atleast new year right?

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It makes sense, and something most fans would agree on from strategic standpoint. But that’s dependent on their goal of actually wanting to unload the vets.

From the outside fans are seeing a terrible team with vets eating up the minutes and lack of development opportunities for the youth. The outrage is justified. But if they are actually wanting to unload vets, then yeah everyone will cool down and applaud the office.
    The other problem is the warped perception of value. On one hand those here consider DDR to be trash but then wonder why the FO has moved him for a young player with potential and a draft pick. My guess is the offers the FO are fielding is much less than what this forum thinks is a viable trade. Same BS with the Kawhi trade. Somehow the FO should have received more when in reality they were lucky to get what they did.

Unfortunately it’s looking like a waiting game as these vets are far more valuable closer to the deadline. I sure hope it’s sooner but I’m not optimistic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The distinction between tanking and trying to win has become completely subjective. To the point that if pop actually tried to tank we will probably win more games.
    Agree with this. If pop did the opposite of what he thinks is best then we’d actually improve

Enemy of the FCC and AMA Dr. John R. Brinkley's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The other problem is the warped perception of value. On one hand those here consider DDR to be trash but then wonder why the FO has moved him for a young player with potential and a draft pick. My guess is the offers the FO are fielding is much less than what this forum thinks is a viable trade. Same BS with the Kawhi trade. Somehow the FO should have received more when in reality they were lucky to get what they did.

Unfortunately it’s looking like a waiting game as these vets are far more valuable closer to the deadline. I sure hope it’s sooner but I’m not optimistic.

I’m not optimistic either. They are most likely to keep “pounding the rock” rather than make any changes.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yeah, I'm going to doubt an insider who claims Patty Mills is on the trade block

The only Twitter insider I believe is that cookie worthy dude DPG21920.
    How likely do you think it is that the team is just playing out the string until December 15, when a lot of players become trade-eligible?

I know I'm grasping at straws here, but that's what a ty season tends to do to hopeless optimists like me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, but they could get by much better than this. It's the big giant hole(s) in the defense that make them unable to be compe ive. C'mon guys. Nobody thinks this roster is going to challenge anyone for the LOB. I get that. All I said was that DDR would be a lot more valuable on a different roster. And Forbes in the SL is a much bigger problem than having DDR on the floor with Aldridge and Murray.
    Both of your points are true. I am just advocating a more sweeping change.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what a ing joke.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is inexcusable for Pop not be playing Murray and White together. What universe is this guys coaching in?
    If either one can't play more than 24 minutes than you can't play them together because they would both have to come out at the same time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If either one can't play more than 24 minutes than you can't play them together because they would both have to come out at the same time.
    Pop routinely uses the Mills/Forbes combo as pg/sg, that's not a problem.

Thread Information