Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same song. Second verse.

There is no little tv drama about it this time around, but every news agency is all tied up in fits wanting to know where Bron Bron decides to go. So basically the same thing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds more like Indecision 2014...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Better to have an appointed time and date to letting everyone know so that media doesn't waste time waiting for him to make an announcement on his indeterminable timetable. We don't really care where he goes, we only care about the fall out. If his options are Miami or Cleveland, then it's not going to affect us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Better to have an appointed time and date to letting everyone know so that media doesn't waste time waiting for him to make an announcement on his indeterminable timetable. We don't really care where he goes, we only care about the fall out. If his options are Miami or Cleveland, then it's not going to affect us.
    This. At least you knew when the speculation would end and it wouldn't be all over the map. And the speculation this time around is mostly unfounded b/c LeBron has talked to literally no one BUT Riley.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This. At least you knew when the speculation would end and it wouldn't be all over the map. And the speculation this time around is mostly unfounded b/c LeBron has talked to literally no one BUT Riley.
    That should indicate something, only talking to Riley.
    If I were Miami I would feel good.

tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It pisses the media off because it keeps them on their toes, like they have to be up 24/7 just to get the scoop and write something quick, but that's kind of their job. FAs are given a la ude when and where they can sign. Stupid Duncan opting in quickly, not giving journalists a heart attack at least.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That should indicate something, only talking to Riley.
    If I were Miami I would feel good.
    I wouldn't. If he were coming back, why didn't it resolve at that meeting? Riley should be ting himself that what he did so far garnered NOTHING from LeBron.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting point I heard on the radio earlier.. According to reports, LeBron has yet to have a face to face with Cleveland brass. Do you really think he will sign a contract with Cleveland without meeting with management first? And I don't think an agent meeting counts the same.

I would assume LeBron would want to discuss where managements heads at, the plan for the future, meet their new coach and discuss his gameplan, etc..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting point I heard on the radio earlier.. According to reports, LeBron has yet to have a face to face with Cleveland brass. Do you really think he will sign a contract with Cleveland without meeting with management first? And I don't think an agent meeting counts the same.

I would assume LeBron would want to discuss where managements heads at, the plan for the future, meet their new coach and discuss his gameplan, etc..
    FWIW every hr they talk about it it's mentioned "BRON Has said he don't care about management just his teammates, and knows even if he doesn't agree with an owner he knows what's good for business"
    I mean at this point with all the pro Lebron moves he's gotta know he'd pretty much be in charge
    i mean whys can't his agent get all that info for him? Meeting not necessary IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They've got to meet. Star player and owner must have some relationship.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't. If he were coming back, why didn't it resolve at that meeting? Riley should be ting himself that what he did so far garnered NOTHING from LeBron.
    A supporting cast that's a year older (if they resign Anderson, Allen, Haslem & Lewis) and the biggest moves in acquiring McBob and Granger, who averaged only 10.3 mpg on a team with a mediocre front court save for Griffin and Jordan. It doesn't exactly scream a successful retool. Even if they beat out 5 other teams (who can offer more money in most cases) for Morrow, that doesn't help them with their problems (defense, & rebounding ,specifically) Not sure if Napier and Cole is that much better than Chalmers and Cole. The Heat possibly being worse at PG is scary after the way they played this post season.

Riley really didn't get a fair shake with Lebron wanting the max and Bosh wanting 5yrs/$90 million. His only options were to convince players to take waaay less or overpay for a player that probably wouldn't be considered worthy of the full MLE. in other off seasons.

808s & Heartbreak Kool Bob Love's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm more interested where Larry is headed next...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They've got to meet. Star player and owner must have some relationship.
    Nope. LeBron can completely recognize that Cleveland is the better basketball fit AND hate the owner and want nothing to do with him. It's a business relationship, not high school.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My heart wants Cleveland to win the James sweepstakes, but my head says that Miami will.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My heart wants Cleveland to win the James sweepstakes, but my head says that Miami will.
    Inb4 cantthinkofanything liver joke

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Bronny stays in Miami and he will break Cleveland's heart again. Even with the guys Riley has added, the Heat will still be the best team in the east.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Bronny stays in Miami and he will break Cleveland's heart again. Even with the guys Riley has added, the Heat will still be the best team in the east.
    This.

Lebron is just trolling Cleveland. What's the best way to get back at the fans and owner who called you trash, a traitor, and burned your jersey? Winning two consecutive rings immediately after you left? No. Making them think you might come back, having them suck your in an attempt to get you to come back, only to go, "Psych! I'm gonna keep my talent in South Beach."

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This.

Lebron is just trolling Cleveland. What's the best way to get back at the fans and owner who called you trash, a traitor, and burned your jersey? Winning two consecutive rings immediately after you left? No. Making them think you might come back, having them suck your in an attempt to get you to come back, only to go, "Psych! I'm gonna keep my talent in South Beach."
    Dirk would beg to differ re: immediately

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same song. Second verse.

There is no little tv drama about it this time around, but every news agency is all tied up in fits wanting to know where Bron Bron decides to go. So basically the same thing.
    Three-time Finals Loser.

Meh.

Meanwhile, Timmeh quietly does his thing....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

this tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Australia I believe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least Jordan had the common decency to commit to one ing team for a while.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lebron doesn't have the guts to tell Riley and Wade 'no'.

, 4 years later he still can't even do a post game presser without Wade at his side comforting him. They still ride golf carts together at games.

He's staying in Miami.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still think that they are trying to get Bosh to leave so that they can use that money on other players. If Lebron and Wade are still hanging out, then it doesn't seem like he would leave. Chris Bosh is nowhere to be seen, yet Lebron and Wade a hanging out at one of his camps, doesn't make sense to me that he would leave. I really do think they're trying to get Bosh to move to another team so they could free up his salary slot.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If LeBron breaks Cleveland's hearts again, don't be surprised if is house gets burned down.

Thread Information