Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would be totally fine with Gasol + Pick for DeRozan. Flip Gasol to another team for a pick too. Clear space next year for sure, and get hopefully 2 first for DeRozan? Yeah.
    At first I was like no way but the way you spell it out I actually would not mind that trade getting us two first picks and maybe a second.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=qnczyfn

Include either Metu or a 2nd to Sacramento.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Def a dream. Not sure why Sac does this. They want to make the playoffs. And not sure Chicago wants to part with Carter (he sounds like he's a glue guy for them).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Def a dream. Not sure why Sac does this. They want to make the playoffs. And not sure Chicago wants to part with Carter (he sounds like he's a glue guy for them).
    I've heard some rumors that Carter could be had. The thought on Sacramento is they know they aren't resigning Bogdanovic so maybe they'd be willing to move him for Bryn (which they can resign at a lower number and a small asset)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've heard some rumors that Carter could be had. The thought on Sacramento is they know they aren't resigning Bogdanovic so maybe they'd be willing to move him for Bryn (which they can resign at a lower number and a small asset)

I guess. Not sure Chicago is in blow up mode though. I'm guessing Levine (who I would take over DDR) and Carter aren't pieces they'd like to move. I'm guessing a coaching change would happen first ...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would try to get Gafford from Chicago myself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would be totally fine with Gasol + Pick for DeRozan. Flip Gasol to another team for a pick too. Clear space next year for sure, and get hopefully 2 first for DeRozan? Yeah.
    Gasol and a 1st for DDR isn't great return but a first to get off of DDR is good enough. Doubt Gasol would net a first or a 2nd as an expensive expiring big though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge and Beli for Whiteside and Portland's 1st is a win-win for both teams tbh.

Portland gets an upgrade over Whiteside for the cost of a first.

Spurs clear out $24 million next season, get a pick that will likely be in the teens and also gets Beli off the team so Pop won't be tempted to play him again.

That and moving DDR to Toronto for Gasol and a 1st (probably in the 20-25 range) would be an ideal scenario.

Spurs would have three 1st rounders, including a top 10 pick.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derozan to Pistons for Snell/Jackson and a 1st. Not sure why so many of these trades in this thread are for long term deals for players that continue this mirage of being compe ive. It’s time to tank and start over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd be happy to get out of these two contracts with Barnes, Bogdanovic, Fournier and Gordon, we desperately need SF/PF and SF/SG, even if the front office doesn't seem to think that way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gasol and a 1st for DDR isn't great return but a first to get off of DDR is good enough. Doubt Gasol would net a first or a 2nd as an expensive expiring big though.
    I don’t know - he’s shooting 37% from 3 this season and if you are a team trying to make a playoff run, I could see giving up a first for him (with the leg up on re-signing him too). He’s not been great this year or anything, but sill is a name and people saw how he came in on trade last season and helped TOR win it all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd be happy to get out of these two contracts with Barnes, Bogdanovic, Fournier and Gordon, we desperately need SF/PF and SF/SG, even if the front office doesn't seem to think that way.
    Spurs don’t need to take on anything they don’t like to get out of the deals. DeRozan very well could opt out on his own and LMA is only guaranteed 8M next season* and SA could waive him.

Not optimal, but getting off the deals isn’t the concern IMO.

*Still a lot of confusion on whether SA actually guaranteed LMA next year already or not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    *Still a lot of confusion on whether SA actually guaranteed LMA next year already or not.
    LMA was fully guaranteed for next season on Oct 23. The full $24 million. He has a 15% trade kicker, btw.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Carmelo Anthony has been better than rudy gay right now #sad

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA was fully guaranteed for next season on Oct 23. The full $24 million. He has a 15% trade kicker, btw.

Are you sure? I’ve asked around on Twitter and others seem to think that nothing has officially happened.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Ouch if true

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t know - he’s shooting 37% from 3 this season and if you are a team trying to make a playoff run, I could see giving up a first for him (with the leg up on re-signing him too). He’s not been great this year or anything, but sill is a name and people saw how he came in on trade last season and helped TOR win it all.
    His true shooting percentage is 45% that's about 10% below league average. He's also making $25.5 million, playoff teams would probably have to give up multiple rotation players to make the money work.

Also, I don't think he can be traded for multiple salaries after being traded in-season. Spurs might do him a solid and just waive him so he could get signed up for the vet minimum by a playoff team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Drop him for nothing? Dont think so

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    eFG%53,5 true 45? Check data

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His true shooting percentage is 45% that's about 10% below league average. He's also making $25.5 million, playoff teams would probably have to give up multiple rotation players to make the money work.

Also, I don't think he can be traded for multiple salaries after being traded in-season. Spurs might do him a solid and just waive him so he could get signed up for the vet minimum by a playoff team
    He can be aggregated in a trade. We will see but him shooting 3s is what matters imo and he’s still a plus defender. Teams would welcome him for sure.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ddr forbes metu bamba for drummond kennard
    lma 1st sas 1st orl for deangelo russel
    murray keldon loonie for gordon bamba

and move mills and belli for anything

drussel/white/kennard/gordon/drummond

this lineup has everything: two all stars, great D, 3pt shooting, space, young guys, game changer, athleticsm, definetely a contender.
    Last edited by spurspl; 12-03-2019 at 04:01 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Drop him for nothing? Dont think so
    eFG%53,5 true 45? Check data
    Gasols TS% is 45.6%

If the Spurs move DDR, then that means that they'd likely move LMA too. Keeping Gasol, who probably isn't an asset given his poor shooting and giant contract, doesn't make sense.

If the Spurs can't trade him, which I probably wouldn't be able to, then they should release him as to not take minutes away from other bigs on the team who could use it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At thinking the Raptors would break up the poor man's beautiful game that they have going (and that the Spurs helped them fall ass backwards into) and go back to being a laughing stock with this loser. Not a chance in .

As has been said ad nauseam, it's more than likely Pistons or Magic for some combination of players who've been kicked around in this thread.

Aldridge for Whiteside and either a lottery protected 1st or Little, becomes more palatable if it's in conjunction with DeRozan for Forunier and Bamba.

Neither is a great return, but this team would be stocked with depth of prospects, which combined with their own high pick, makes it easier to manipulate the draft board.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you sure? ...
    Re LMA's salary for next season being fully guaranteed. I have no personal knowledge of it, but it's on both spotrac and bballref.

Thread Information