Page 145 of 171 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148149155 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,625 of 4270
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    theyve worked out Kispert or were you referring to someone else
    Did they? I thought it was just an interview with the Spurs.

Do you have a link by any chance?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did they? I thought it was just an interview with the Spurs.

Do you have a link by any chance?
    odd. I looked it up. Found nothing. Must have been thinking it was someone else.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think you said your reservations before about him projecting to be a lesser version of Kyle Anderson because of his poor defense and lack of size?

i think fans of his, or at least myself, are betting on is his vision to be outstanding and on par with the elite players of the NBA. Kyle, while good, never quite reached that level with his passing.

the underrated side of Giddey is his extreme confidence in his abilities. Common flaw among prospects is that they’re so unsure of themselves when they first get on the court. I dont think Giddey will have that problem. It’s even a problem for older young guys and probably the greatest obstacle for them reaching their potential.

another thing is ball handling. I believe his skills in that area is quite advanced. Yes, he does turn the ball over. But I don’t necessarily think ball handling and ball security are the same thing. I think we can look at DJ for that and he had a natural ability to handle the ball but he was not very good taking care of the ball. If we look at this past season, it’s like night and day. He had one of the best ast/to ratio in the league. Anyway, what’s important is that Giddey is very similar in this regard and might actually be a bit more of a street baller compared to DJ. At 6’8” and with that kind of ball handling ability, it will enable him to be a shot creator at some point in his career. That’s what excites me most about his upside.
    I mean you can just go back and read what I wrote, some of your paraphrasing me is just wrong.

I questioned the comparisons to Anderson, which btw not mine, some websites have that comparison (maybe a lazy one one their part.) I don’t think he’s Anderson. Anderson is likely to be much better at defense every day every game just by his standing reach and length (he’s also heavier, Giddey plays a lot smaller than he is, light). They don’t have the same physical profiles, so maybe it’s a lazy comparison.

What’s significant is that Anderson had to adapt to play off the ball and as a wing/PF. Does anyone expect Giddey to play like that? Then why the comparison? I didn’t even go that deep into my analysis but I rightly questioned what value if any he’d have off the ball (shooting needs to be better), and whether he could play as a swing.

He was also compared in some websites to Joe Ingles. Another tall wing/PF. First he doesn’t shoot like Ingles, (that can be improved but let’s acknowledge Ingles is in another stratosphere as a shooter). Giddey is much lighter as well and Ingles, like Anderson also swings to SF/PF depending on roster and availability.

if you have Giddey as a tall swing then obviously things like physicality and defense come into play.

Is Giddey going to get the keys to the offense? Does he have value off the ball? Can he defend wings? Legit normal questions that I don’t see answered anywhere.

Another comparison I saw, Evan Turner. Ughhhh

I think all these comparisons are lazy bc right there you’d have to assume that Giddey will need to play as a swing, off the ball at least some of the time.

He doesn’t have comparisons for other PG played as such. That’s my first thing I noticed. Who would you say he’s most like?

One PG just occurred to me now, maybe he’s like Lamelo Ball. I didn’t see that comparison anywhere and haven’t watched enough of either guy to give it, but maybe? That’s great but I wonder why it isn’t out there.

The one comparison to a less athletic PG, that made me nervous about him was a worse shooting and scoring DAngelo Russell, both guys with similar wingspan (Giddey actually has a shorter wingspan!). DLo is smaller but still tall enough to be a big PG. Anyways that comparison scared me less bc a worse shooting and scoring Russell would be awful.

I raised a few other issues as well like how passing without gravity is less useful in the nba and how passing without any other contributions of value is overrated (passing alone can’t get you on the court for example, specially as a wing).

I feel he has high bust potential. However, my outlook on him improved significantly when I saw he’s about the youngest guy out in this draft. I didn’t know that b4. I think he’s so young he’s going to be better than currently obviously and I think he has good chanced for his shooting to improve. I also think his lack of athleticism is overstated. He’s average and I think he’ll be able to adapt his game to the league. I also believe he will improve physically with time and effort (plus normal maturing). All these are things I changed my mind on factoring his youth and I do like his moxie a lot, plus his at ude. He’s seen things like a challenge including not getting upset when he didn’t make the 12 man selection for the Australian NT.

I am higher on him than I was, though as you can see, I do believe he’s got questions to answer at the next level. I believe if the Spurs draft him they believe in his work ethic, and I’ll be really excited about him!
    Last edited by SAGirl; 07-22-2021 at 09:19 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Y’all think it would be worth taking on either Steven Adam’s or Eric Bledsoe if they gave us there 10th pick too?
    I hate both of those players. They’re relics of a bygone era.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SAGirl I said “ I think “ and ended with a question mark

as for comparisons, there truly are none.

i have also said he is the most riskiest of all my top prospects, that’s why I never put him at the top top.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems like Kuminga is very polarizing. I just don't see it at all. Terrible FG%, poor 3pt%, poor FT%, below average decision maker, mediocre assist to turnover ratio, horrible advanced stats, worst Win Shares on his entire G League team... It just feels like every scouting report comes down to his "NBA body" and the hope that he can "put it all together." I just see so many red flags. I wouldn't even take him at #12.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems like Kuminga is very polarizing. I just don't see it at all. Terrible FG%, poor 3pt%, poor FT%, below average decision maker, mediocre assist to turnover ratio, horrible advanced stats, worst Win Shares on his entire G League team... It just feels like every scouting report comes down to his "NBA body" and the hope that he can "put it all together." I just see so many red flags. I wouldn't even take him at #12.
    Same. I think he got caught up in the Jalen Green/Ignite hype. I've said many times I don't believe in the G-League in these cases. They don't get the coaching -- both on and off the floor -- don't get the development, don't get any of what they would in college. None of their games matter and they never play cohesive opposition or on cohesive squads. It's glorified AAU and so who gives a ?

Kuminga, whether or not he's older than we know, got a lot done by bullying his way to the hoop with a strong body. IIRC, this is what Jabari Parker made his name doing when he was drafted high. Fine against marginal peers, it's not gonna work in the actual pros. And, as you say, his numbers ing sucked. He's all hype.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kuminga might even drop to 12.

Lots of talk about how he had zero improvement from high school to g-league or even getting worse. Add in the whispers about his age and who knows?

Halliburton fell unexpectedly, so have many others. All it takes is a couple of teams going another way and then the next few teams pass because they're already in love with the prospects they were expecting.
    There are serious questions about his age. He’s a very good prospect at 18, but pretty mediocre at 20. At 20, he should be a LOT more developed already.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could see Kuminga drop a bit, but would be very surprised to see him go out of the top 10. A team like Orlando should take him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could see Kuminga drop a bit, but would be very surprised to see him go out of the top 10. A team like Orlando should take him.
    Kuminga has Orlando written all over him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    -/+ 1” wingspans who aren’t bad defenders

Jimmy Butler 6’7” WS
    Kyle Lowry 6’1” WS
    Klay Thompson 6’7-1/2” WS

A study on wingspan:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/fanside...n-defense/amp/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kuminga has Orlando written all over him.
    i think Sengun has Orlando written all over him. Dude was having the time of his life in Florida on IG

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Giddey does have that feel of a Spurs pick with one week to go.
    Yeah, it's my feeling, too! He said that he idolized Andrew Gaze as a kid; he stays in contact with him, and since we have Fifty Mills on the team, and both play together on the Aussie National Team, this all sounds like it's written in the stars for him to be drafted by the Spurs. Hmmm, it's a possibility, but I have a feeling though, that he may be gone before the 12th pick. Any who, just 7 days before the draft! GSG!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SAGirl I said “ I think “ and ended with a question mark

as for comparisons, there truly are none.

i have also said he is the most riskiest of all my top prospects, that’s why I never put him at the top top.
    Fair enough.

if he pans out he’s going to be the first of his kind :-)

A little of his physical makeup reminded me of Manu, but just probably on being tall and lanky. I think Manu was a lot more athletic and obviously better shooter, finisher scorer etc, so I didn’t mention it.

I think no one says Lonzo bc Lonzo exerts effort on defense.

Isn’t it su ious he stopped workouts, didn’t attend the combine etc? Maybe he has an offer already and wanted to focus on the Australian National Team, but also he was unlikely to help his stock by such showing (only hurt it)?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^He’s got a strong sense of nationalism that it’s not a stretch to believe he was putting country over self (in this case, his own draft stock)

On an unrelated note,

the Rockets will pick Jalen Green, IMO

Their actions throughout the year show a greedy and incompetent owner

Jalen Green will sell lots of tickets for the Rockets. Evan…not so much even if he is a no brainer better talent

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^He’s got a strong sense of nationalism that it’s not a stretch to believe he was putting country over self (in this case, his own draft stock)

On an unrelated note,

the Rockets will pick Jalen Green, IMO

Their actions throughout the year show a greedy and incompetent owner

Jalen Green will sell lots of tickets for the Rockets. Evan…not so much even if he is a no brainer better talent
    Perfect analysis on the Rockets situation

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't draft Kuminga.
    Like I said, I'm a skeptic. It's more about the general idea than him specifically.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Franz training with Harrison Barnes

If there was a 1% chance he dropped, it’s now a 0%

I’m sorry to kill your hopes mo7888

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    6 Days until the Draft!

So many rumors, so little time...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All this talk of Sengun is making me wonder if we’ve given up on Milutinov.
    probably more of a case of the inverse.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Franz training with Harrison Barnes

If there was a 1% chance he dropped, it’s now a 0%

I’m sorry to kill your hopes mo7888
    True dat... I don't think he gets past sacto either but, I wouldn't be surprised to see Orlando snatch him up before them either. I guess if I really wanna dig deep for a bright side view, my guy Robert Woodard might be available in a deal lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True dat... I don't think he gets past sacto either but, I wouldn't be surprised to see Orlando snatch him up before them either. I guess if I really wanna dig deep for a bright side view, my guy Robert Woodard might be available in a deal lol
    really odd that he doesn’t seem to be part of their future because I watched all gleague games with in it and he’s a solid piece. Unless they plan to play Wagner mostly at 4

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Admittedly, I’ve gone into the camp that these released photos can easily be part of the FO misdirection and trying to get teams to want to trade up. But maybe not? The draft always has some surprises so we’ll see, I guess.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Admittedly, I’ve gone into the camp that these released photos can easily be part of the FO misdirection and trying to get teams to want to trade up. But maybe not? The draft always has some surprises so we’ll see, I guess.
    it was on an IG story by Harrison Barnes. I think very few people are catching this photo. Not gonna stir up any media attention, and probably wont be tweeted about by a Kings journalist, IMO. This is a slip up by one of their players.

OR it could be purely coincidence and Franz just happens to be training in the same gym as Barnes…doubt it.

Thread Information