Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that would be my thoughts too that he gets waived as soon as deal goes through
    Makes sense for all parties.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Makes sense for all parties.
    If he didn’t agree, the deal would have fallen through, he would have been cut with only $5M to show. This is good for him, and the Spurs.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I also love the unprotected picks and unprotected swap. That has a high chance of biting Atlanta in the ass later
    Agree
    By what they are investing , Atlanta is playing this as Murray is a franchise type talent and the Spurs are not.

The Spurs evaluation is the correct one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree
    By what they are investing , Atlanta is playing this as Murray is a franchise type talent and the Spurs are not.

The Spurs evaluation is the correct one.
    Didn't Atlanta only trade two draft picks of their own?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was wondering why this forum was so slow. Now I understand.
    Still on Slow-venian servers tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will Dejounte keep his username?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    God Damn 97, 039 Post Counts Ya like the “Yoda” of Spurs Forum

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What are the protections on the hornets pick? I know it’s lottery protected, but what happens if they are in lottery?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs playing a few moves ahead as usual. Murray was a lot of fun to watch develop but I think this might be the epitome of riding that rocket to the moon and selling high at absolute peak. Brilliant move, the delayed gratification is going to hit like a ton of bricks down the line.

Started thinking about the play in game and how dusted SA got by NOLA. I mean that was Murray. He's the #1 guy and that was a huge chance to show what you got and Murray didn't get it done. I think front office made the decision that day.

Really grateful for Murray and glad he seems to be in a position to succeed now in ATL but hindsight may very well make SA look wise to cut the line now. Makes Spurs look like decent management to let Murray go compete too, bodes well for an already difficult destination for players to consider joining.

I also wonder if SA is just getting started, free agency starts tonight at what 6PM? Perhaps what is lost now will soon be made clear? Not calling any uncharacteristic big splash but Spurs could fill in some realistic pieces possibly? Tons of unloadable assets still. Or just deliberately suck for 23 draft which I'm cool with.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What are the protections on the hornets pick? I know it’s lottery protected, but what happens if they are in lottery?
    Kicks to 24 FRP then kicks to two 25 2nd rounders if it happens again

correct me if I'm wrong please

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Top 16 2023, Top 14 2024, Top 14 2025. Basically the Hornets need to make the playoffs once in the next 3 years for the Spurs to get a first round pick otherwise it becomes two second round picks down the line.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here you go:

2023 first round draft pick from Charlotte -- protected for selections 1-16 in 2023, 1-14 in 2024 and 1-14 in 2025; if Charlotte has not conveyed a 1st round pick to [Spurs] by 2025, then Charlotte will instead convey its 2026 2nd round pick and 2027 2nd round draft pick to [Spurs]

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kicks to 24 FRP then kicks to two 25 2nd rounders if it happens again

correct me if I'm wrong please
    again lottery protected in 24?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is probably the best place to ask this again but fischer is reporting that the hawks are looking to expand this trade; does anyone have any more info on this?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here you go:

2023 first round draft pick from Charlotte -- protected for selections 1-16 in 2023, 1-14 in 2024 and 1-14 in 2025; if Charlotte has not conveyed a 1st round pick to [Spurs] by 2025, then Charlotte will instead convey its 2026 2nd round pick and 2027 2nd round draft pick to [Spurs]
    Ugh the chance it goes to two second picks is gross. Only guys the Spurs have drafted in the second round this century that they played much were Blair and Tre Jones.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Devin Vassell led San Antonio with 23 points. Dejounte Murray had 16 points, but he went just 5 of 19 from the floor while being shadowed by Pelicans rookie defensive stopper Herb Jones.

Murray was 26% from the field, including 1/5 from 3PT. 5AST/2TO.

PATFO said pack your bags right then and there IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry thanks for the clarification on the convoluted terms of the CHA 23 FRP everyone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ugh the chance it goes to two second picks is gross. Only guys the Spurs have drafted in the second round this century that they played much were Blair and Tre Jones.
    i don't see the spurs picking up the hornets pick in 2023 but the hornets could be a playoff team in 2024 or 2025. the key is in the hornets managing to hold on to lamelo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hate that this dude was right all along tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, not excellent but i think Clifford gets them to the playoffs once in next 3 years.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Interesting if true. We do have cap space to absorb money ATL doesnt want back...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Can’t stand him but he was actually on point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really grateful for Murray and glad he seems to be in a position to succeed now in ATL but hindsight may very well make SA look wise to cut the line now. Makes Spurs look like decent management to let Murray go compete too, bodes well for an already difficult destination for players to consider joining.

I also wonder if SA is just getting started, free agency starts tonight at what 6PM? Perhaps what is lost now will soon be made clear? Not calling any uncharacteristic big splash but Spurs could fill in some realistic pieces possibly? Tons of unloadable assets still. Or just deliberately suck for 23 draft which I'm cool with.
    Relevant going into free agency and again, not calling any big splash or name brand acquisitions.

But if you are considering joining SA, you see when the team is done with you, they don't just dump you in ORL or some hole situation. Pretty sterling reputation recently letting LMA go play where he wants, Helping DDR get into a decent situation, Forbes rings when Spurs dump, White goes immediately to the Finals, is a conf champ, when the Spurs get rid of guys they hook them up. Murray in a hot instagram city now, part of one of the best back courts in the league.

The message broadcasting loud and clear: Come play in SA, you're in good hands inbound and you're in good hands outbound.

Huge messaging when you are a hole FA destination lol at least they have world class leadership, management and development, will treat you with respect no matter how long term your fit with the team is, and they have churros lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Needed to happen at some point. If they trade Poetl and keldon, what’s the over/under on wins this next season? 15?
    Let's see how Primo plays as PG, and how these new guys play, but I'd predict 18-22 wins

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will Dejounte keep his username?
    i was wondering the same thing last night while reading one of his posts.

Thread Information