Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ll actually be really pissed if Jakob is still on this team in October.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This game against the Nuggets in April is some of what we can expect without Murray:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do you guys expect players to say?

“Yeah I’m looking forward to being dead last in the conference next year. Our team met today and decided on 22 wins being a realistic target.”
    "Well with Dejounte gone I don't have anyone to help me on defense so I know the guy I am guarding will have a career high but whatever I'm extension eligible so I'm trying to have another career year so I can get traded to"

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Slow down big guy……let’s see how we finish up free agency!
    Finish...we haven't even started yet tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup. Literally zero reason for Jak to be on this team at the start of the season. He needs to be moved.
    Ayton has to be signed first

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Expect Durant to get moved for other allstar vets. The Nets do not want to rebuld. I expect them to ask for Booker and Ayton (sign and trade) from the Suns or Butler plus from Miami. Moving Durant is not going to be simple as many think. Any draft capital would probably be generated from the Suns or Miami. Of course Sarver is notoriously cheap. It would not surprise me to see Dallas make a move for Durant. In the end wherever he goes and if the Spurs are involved we will be trading our signing room for very late in the draft picks.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For the pro tanking crew, prepare to be disappointed

I don't think any player wants to tank/play poorly because that affects their livelihood and next contract. It's all about who plays and who is on the team, basically a GM/coaching decision. But hey, I like his at ude. We want the players to keep working.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Expect Durant to get moved for other allstar vets. The Nets do not want to rebuld. I expect them to ask for Booker and Ayton (sign and trade) from the Suns or Butler plus from Miami. Moving Durant is not going to be simple as many think. Any draft capital would probably be generated from the Suns or Miami. Of course Sarver is notoriously cheap. It would not surprise me to see Dallas make a move for Durant. In the end wherever he goes and if the Spurs are involved we will be trading our signing room for very late in the draft picks.
    What all-star vets can Dallas send?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Not sure what phoenix looks like without booker and with KD.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ll actually be really pissed if Jakob is still on this team in October.
    yep. i remember being pissed that we didnt move LMA during the draft and then we ended up waiving him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trey Lyles

Those were dark times, I'm glad we're on the other side of the tunnel now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Nets really want two all star types out of this deal there's really only a few teams that can deliver on that. I'm wondering if Danny Ainge would want to make a mark on his team by sending Gobert and Mitc there for KD and Kyrie? They'd need to unload Conley and I'm sure we'd oblige for a future 1st and maybe Jared Butler...

That might be the best Brooklyn can do of they're committed to taking back players over picks..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    actually the Morris thing got reported a couple days before it happened
    Actually, it wasn’t. We went through the entire moratorium thinking he was coming here and he dropped the bomb after it ended. He was talking to NY the whole time.

Oh, and newsflash. No one announces it while signing the contract at a news conference.. There’s always a day or two gap.

Waiting on the next plot twist to explain why you don't actually know how many teams are interested in Smith.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    . Dallas just lost their only asset not named Luka to the Knicks. They’ve got nothing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually, it wasn’t. We went through the entire moratorium thinking he was coming here and he dropped the bomb after it ended. He was talking to NY the whole time.

Oh, and newsflash. No one announces it while signing the contract at a news conference.. There’s always a day or two gap.

Waiting on the next plot twist to explain why you don't actually know how many teams are interested in Smith.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Nets would have to get rid of Simmons somehow if they want Booker because Simmons already takes up the slot for the designated rookie rule. Booker would put the Nets over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i've mentioned it before, this team as is (with poeltl, johnson, vassell, primo) will win as many games as last year or close to it.
    -tre jones looked sharp is many games as PG and is a great finisher at the rim
    -vassell is getting better and is on the cusp of becoming really good from what i saw last year
    -having a true 4 with sochan will already improve our defense.

unfortunately for tankers (me included) we will likely be between 8th or 10th worst team in the league. barring injuries. this team will not outright tank like portland did or okc or the rockets.
    Not if Spurs move Poeltl

And hey, that’s no approvation of Poeltl. He’s good but not of a rebuilding team with already offensive problem as it is. But everybody here, well mostly, knows that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not if Spurs move Poeltl

And hey, that’s no approvation of Poeltl. He’s good but not of a rebuilding team with already offensive problem as it is.
    exactly get what you can and burn this down

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    exactly get what you can and burn this down
    Well something like that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well something like that
    Pray we get in the top3 .its our only hope

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It got reported that the Knicks are trying to get Morris right after they signed Reggie Bullock, but since you don't follow updates I'm not surprised that you don't know about it

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure what phoenix looks like without booker and with KD.
    Well, we won't get to find out since Booker just got an extension from the Suns.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, all of them are gone except for Keldon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, all of them are gone except for Keldon.
    Thank God for Keldon! He's the only one out of that group with balls and plays like a bull in a china shop. His passion is contagious and I am glad he's still here.

Thread Information