Page 337 of 376 FirstFirst ... 237287327333334335336337338339340341347 ... LastLast
Results 8,401 to 8,425 of 9381
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    snag that before the scalpers do
    I did

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice. Now gotta get Ghost of Tsushima, man it looks incredible on PS5. No reason to buy the PS5 native version either, as the PS4 version plays 1800p at a locked 60 fps in the graphics mode on PS5 and looks just like the native PS5 port. No reason to play the performance mode of the PS4 version since graphics mode is already locked to 60 fps. All you get with the PS5 native version is some haptic feedback with the DualSense that is kind of annoying anyway IMO, and corrected lip sync when playing with Japanese voices.

Also don't sleep on the bundled Astrobot game, it's short but pretty awesome. And Forbidden West is extremely impressive graphically ever since they fixed the 60 fps mode a few months ago.

PS5 is like having a $1000 gaming PC but you can play the PS games Day 1.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice. Now gotta get Ghost of Tsushima, man it looks incredible on PS5. No reason to buy the PS5 native version either, as the PS4 version plays 1800p at a locked 60 fps in the graphics mode on PS5 and looks just like the native PS5 port. No reason to play the performance mode of the PS4 version since graphics mode is already locked to 60 fps. All you get with the PS5 native version is some haptic feedback with the DualSense that is kind of annoying anyway IMO, and corrected lip sync when playing with Japanese voices.

Also don't sleep on the bundled Astrobot game, it's short but pretty awesome. And Forbidden West is extremely impressive graphically ever since they fixed the 60 fps mode a few months ago.

PS5 is like having a $1000 gaming PC but you can play the PS games Day 1.
    Dude, I killed Ghost of Tsushima in about 2 weeks. I did all quests and outfits, pretty much everything on my first playthrough. I'm looking forward to playing it again on the PS5 though!

I'm just excited about playing Dead by Daylight on 60 fps Also interested to see what RDR2 looks like

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude, I killed Ghost of Tsushima in about 2 weeks. I did all quests and outfits, pretty much everything on my first playthrough. I'm looking forward to playing it again on the PS5 though!

I'm just excited about playing Dead by Daylight on 60 fps Also interested to see what RDR2 looks like
    Freaking Rockstar never gave a 60 fps patch for RDR2, so it'll just look like it does on PS4 Pro sadly. Expecting them to make people have to double dip to get 60 fps. Though I could actually run the PC port at 1080p 60fps on my 1660 Super with some careful settings tweaks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Freaking Rockstar never gave a 60 fps patch for RDR2, so it'll just look like it does on PS4 Pro sadly. Expecting them to make people have to double dip to get 60 fps. Though I could actually run the PC port at 1080p 60fps on my 1660 Super with some careful settings tweaks.
    They just patched it this afternoon, but I doubt it was a fps patch. I still play the out of this game, it's the G.O.A.T. I just hope my PSPlus Premium transfers over?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So I’m ready to finally pull the trigger on my GPU upgrade.. after I get the card I’m gonna get a 1440p 34” Ultrawide soon after.. I know you recommended the 12 GB 3080, but I’m seeing real world tests with about a 3 FPS improvement over the regular 10 GB model.. do you think the extra 2 GB’s of VRAM would be a big plus gaming at the higher resolution of an UW monitor or would 10 GB be fine?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So I’m ready to finally pull the trigger on my GPU upgrade.. after I get the card I’m gonna get a 1440p 34” Ultrawide soon after.. I know you recommended the 12 GB 3080, but I’m seeing real world tests with about a 3 FPS improvement over the regular 10 GB model.. do you think the extra 2 GB’s of VRAM would be a big plus gaming at the higher resolution of an UW monitor or would 10 GB be fine?
    I recommend the 12GB over the 10GB because they're usually the same price and the 12GB is 7.5% faster in this big testsuite of games, though I wonder how much of that is clock vs the 12GB version having a less cut down chip than the 10GB version (it's not just a difference in VRAM). Plus I have heard people with ans say for instance modded Skyrim can easily fill 12GB of VRAM.

Though Best Buy has a 3080 Ti for $740 in stock right now. Don't know anything about the cooler so def research that before buying if you're interested in this one.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/msi-nvi...?skuId=6472637

Beware though these 3000 series cards use enormous power. A 3080 Ti at has transient es of ~410W at stock, and it's not much lower with 3080 either. Up clocks at all over reference and that number will shoot up. If you're talking that level of gpu, not unreasonable to go back up to 1000W psus again.

Nvidia is supposed to have some big price cuts rumored this month, but they haven't happened yet so not sure about them.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 09-07-2022 at 09:41 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    snag that before the scalpers do
    Think console scalping is about to die off. Walmart has had PS5 all week after Playstation Direct had them in stock for like two weeks straight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Think console scalping is about to die off. Walmart has had PS5 all week after Playstation Direct had them in stock for like two weeks straight.
    Good. I heard that Sony is increasing the price of PS5s though. Not sure how legit that is but wouldn't surprise me. I almost bought a meta quest a few weeks ago but those ers increased the price too. I assume it's due to the chip shortage or whatever

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good. I heard that Sony is increasing the price of PS5s though. Not sure how legit that is but wouldn't surprise me. I almost bought a meta quest a few weeks ago but those ers increased the price too. I assume it's due to the chip shortage or whatever
    Sony increased the MSRP of the PS5 everywhere but the US a couple of weeks ago, but they can't afford to do it here with XBox's popularity. What's funny is even after the price hike the PS5 disc version is still only $420 in Japan (up from $382 before the hike).

The Quest went up $100 the very day they got rid of the requirement to have a Facebook account. You're the product when you get a Quest and you're probably a lot a less valuable a product with a new Meta account instead of your Facebook account you have had for 10-15 years with lots of juicy data for them to sell.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I recommend the 12GB over the 10GB because they're usually the same price and the 12GB is 7.5% faster in this big testsuite of games, though I wonder how much of that is clock vs the 12GB version having a less cut down chip than the 10GB version (it's not just a difference in VRAM). Plus I have heard people with ans say for instance modded Skyrim can easily fill 12GB of VRAM.

Though Best Buy has a 3080 Ti for $740 in stock right now. Don't know anything about the cooler so def research that before buying if you're interested in this one.

Beware though these 3000 series cards use enormous power. A 3080 Ti at has transient es of ~410W at stock, and it's not much lower with 3080 either. Up clocks at all over reference and that number will shoot up. If you're talking that level of gpu, not unreasonable to go back up to 1000W psus again.

Nvidia is supposed to have some big price cuts rumored this month, but they haven't happened yet so not sure about them.
    Im buying off Amazon, and I haven't seen them listed as the same cost.. the 12 GB is 100 bucks more

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thanks for the heads up I'm gonna try and get the 3080 Ti, that is a steal at 740.. and I'm good I already have a 1000W PSU

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nevermind, that 3080 Ti sale was sold out when I tried to buy it last night.. Went ahead and got a 10GB 3080 today though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sony increased the MSRP of the PS5 everywhere but the US a couple of weeks ago, but they can't afford to do it here with XBox's popularity. What's funny is even after the price hike the PS5 disc version is still only $420 in Japan (up from $382 before the hike).

The Quest went up $100 the very day they got rid of the requirement to have a Facebook account. You're the product when you get a Quest and you're probably a lot a less valuable a product with a new Meta account instead of your Facebook account you have had for 10-15 years with lots of juicy data for them to sell.
    The reason the price was jacked up everywhere but the US is the current strength of the US dollar. The exchange rates just murders the price of something that's already being sold at near cost or a loss.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The reason the price was jacked up everywhere but the US is the current strength of the US dollar. The exchange rates just murders the price of something that's already being sold at near cost or a loss.
    Dark Brandon putting in work

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    I am almost done with Persona 5 Strikers and it makes me want to play Royal. I know that would be a 150+ hour investment, though, and I don't know whether to get it on the PS5 or wait for the Switch version.

Anyway, I got Strikers because it was free on PS+. I thought it would be a fun, mindless spinoff but it turned out to be a full-blown sequel. I do like that there are no social links this time around, and that I can leave dungeons with no penalty.

I would definitely recommend it, but I'm not playing New Game + because hard would be too easy and Merciless looks terrible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am almost done with Persona 5 Strikers and it makes me want to play Royal. I know that would be a 150+ hour investment, though, and I don't know whether to get it on the PS5 or wait for the Switch version.

Anyway, I got Strikers because it was free on PS+. I thought it would be a fun, mindless spinoff but it turned out to be a full-blown sequel. I do like that there are no social links this time around, and that I can leave dungeons with no penalty.

I would definitely recommend it, but I'm not playing New Game + because hard would be too easy and Merciless looks terrible.
    I was really impressed by Strikers too. Royal adds a lot of cool to P5, and makes the story way better IMO. Though the best part of Royal is ing Morgana doesn't force you to go to sleep early all the time in the early game, making it was less of a race against the clock.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    i wish there was a setting of difficulty higher than grounded besides permadeath in LoU. 's too easy for me at this point but permadeath is too far in the other direction

just finished the part where Henry blows his brains out. i forgot what an annoying he was

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i wish there was a setting of difficulty higher than grounded besides permadeath in LoU. 's too easy for me at this point but permadeath is too far in the other direction

just finished the part where Henry blows his brains out. i forgot what an annoying he was
    Finished it yesterday (along with left behind).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Not sure what a higher difficulty would do. Supplies are pretty limited on grounded as is and it doesn't take much to kill Joel. What makes it easy (IMO anyway) is memorizing all of the enemy locations/patterns as well as all of the supply and ammo locations. I've lost count of the number of times I've played TLOU and how many speedrun streams I've watched. I doubt anyone played grounded or survivor on a first playthrough and thought that is was too easy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure what a higher difficulty would do. Supplies are pretty limited on grounded as is and it doesn't take much to kill Joel. What makes it easy (IMO anyway) is memorizing all of the enemy locations/patterns as well as all of the supply and ammo locations. I've lost count of the number of times I've played TLOU and how many speedrun streams I've watched. I doubt anyone played grounded or survivor on a first playthrough and thought that is was too easy.
    i mean i played on just "hard" on my first run through the game and found it to be adequately challenging. not the hardest game ive every played or anything, but not an autopilot cakewalk either

if people have made multiple runs through the game to the point where theyve memorized enemy/item locations then thats not an issue with the game not being hard enough at that point

if somebody makes multiple runs through any soulsbournekiro game they'll start finding it trivial too

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    not sure what it would do? it would make it more difficult honestly the supplies arent even as limited as you'd think, as i have never been in a position where i dont have plenty of ammos, shivs, etc. i havent memorized the enemy patterns or locations or the supply/ammo locations, though i wont deny that having played it previously gives one an advantage. but i never said it was my first playthrough either. Though, I did play LoU2 on survivor first time since grounded was not unlocked yet, and it actually was pretty easy. LoU is all about patience though which i have plenty of when it comes to stealth killing people

just meant i wish there was a mode where getting shot once or twice would kill you, or the runners/stalkers were stronger. obviously getting touched by a clicker or bloater is instadeath but , i didnt even die during the first bloater encounter in the gym which i was fully expecting to

i mean i played on just "hard" on my first run through the game and found it to be adequately challenging. not the hardest game ive every played or anything, but not an autopilot cakewalk either

if people have made multiple runs through the game to the point where theyve memorized enemy/item locations then thats not an issue with the game not being hard enough at that point

if somebody makes multiple runs through any soulsbournekiro game they'll start finding it trivial too
    again, never said i memorized locations or patterns, nor did i say the game had an issue. i just wish i could make it harder, and when it comes to PC i assume i will be able to do that.

it wasnt meant to be a boast or a brag or anything either it's not like i'm playing Elden ring or Sekiro

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Finished it yesterday (along with left behind).
    i was really hoping that instead of making left behind a separate DLC in the remake, they would incorporate it into the main game where it makes sense (like it should have been to begin with). if this just started after joel gets impaled, would have flowed just fine with the main game imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    again, never said i memorized locations or patterns, nor did i say the game had an issue. i just wish i could make it harder, and when it comes to PC i assume i will be able to do that.

it wasnt meant to be a boast or a brag or anything either it's not like i'm playing Elden ring or Sekiro
    xevious did, which is who i responded to when it comes to the memorization

TLOU is a sufficiently difficult game imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone ever played Warframe? Is it worth a playing?

Thread Information