Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/13/us/ca...law/index.html

In early September, when Jefferson Sharpnack grabbed his lunch tray on his ninth birthday, school staff instead gave him something else: bread and cheese.
    The school system told CNN that the boy was served an alternative lunch which is given to students with deficit accounts.

Over the summer, one Pennsylvania school district sent a letter home saying any student who owned lunch money should pay or they'd go to foster care.

It's been a long ass time since I've been in school, and when I was there everyone ate the same bull . Now in cafeterias they have healthier/bougier options. But wtf, using the lunch program as a way of separating poor kids from other kids is ed up.

Making kids play social class warfare games when they should be learning math and reading to keep up with the world's modern educational systems. Parents who stand for this in schools, you should be ashamed of yourselves.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vote for Bernie and you will get bread lines.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is that like a harvest box?

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trum...ry?id=61627707

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a fan of Bernie, but this sounds a lot like death panels!

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree that that's ed up, but they should do away with the ty cafeterias in the first place. The food is downright disgusting and it's processed and carcinogenic because of all the chemicals required to keep it from rotting all that time. I didn't eat cafeteria food once in 4 years in high school. Just bring your own lunch from home if you absolutely have to have lunch, or better yet, use the valuable lunch-period time to do your homework so you can go home and relax instead of working off the clock.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's a good thing. It means people have food.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    handcuffing teens and younger in school, denying lunch, school cops body slamming black girls

all part of the American unstoppable descent into bullying and power-plays as a way life, into barbarity, inhumanity, people as objects to be brutalized.

The sadism of military, etc training, the sadism of college hazing, the sadism of prison guards, all proving that American civilization is deeply ed up and degrading.

At bottom, it's the ethics of Capitalism, where people and the planet are nothing but sources to be plundered for profit.

Hans Brix??? Oh no!!!! Kim Jong-il's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    says the guy who still lives with his parents and has his mommeh fix him a lunchbox every day.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never got free food let alone free bread & cheese. Thank the lord above for all your free and stop ing while others get nada.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Koriwhat also had to walk uphill in the snow to school both ways

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like he had 90% of a grilled cheese. Without the unhealthy butter, oil and burnt bread.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like he had 90% of a grilled cheese. Without the unhealthy butter, oil and burnt bread.
    A little off topic, but if you got children, or just enjoy grilled cheese- stop using butter. I promise, just lightly spread mayonaise on the bread as you would butter. Helps the cheese melt faster, doesn't taste as greasy and the bread toasts better and the sammich will taste better overall.

People talk about superfoods, but mayo is a super condiment. That stuff is the kitchen's version of duct tape.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Koriwhat also had to walk uphill in the snow to school both ways
    Nope but I bet you gave handies in the boys bathroom you sick !

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    yet another unsolicited gay sex fantasy created by koriwhat

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yet another unsolicited gay sex fantasy created by koriwhat
    Yet another weak male hiding behind an alt. Btw I bet you get no pussy whatsoever while trying to claim I don't and pushing a stupid gay narrative about me.

You weak mother er!

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Yet another weak male hiding behind an alt. Btw I bet you get no pussy whatsoever while trying to claim I don't and pushing a stupid gay narrative about me.

You weak mother er!
    You’re the one fantasizing about a poster giving boys handjobs, not me!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A little off topic, but if you got children, or just enjoy grilled cheese- stop using butter. I promise, just lightly spread mayonaise on the bread as you would butter. Helps the cheese melt faster, doesn't taste as greasy and the bread toasts better and the sammich will taste better overall.

People talk about superfoods, but mayo is a super condiment. That stuff is the kitchen's version of duct tape.
    My daughter makes a grilled cheese that way. But I HATE mayonnaise. Of course she swears you can't taste it. But I will not eat anything that's been tainted by mayo or miracle whip.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Bleh, hate mayo. Butter's the best but I've also used Olive oil and it comes out pretty good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two wolves.jpeg

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My daughter makes a grilled cheese that way. But I HATE mayonnaise. Of course she swears you can't taste it. But I will not eat anything that's been tainted by mayo or miracle whip.
    You really can't taste it. And I'm scarred for life from Miracle Whip. We never ate mayo in our house til like the mid 90s, it was always miracle whip. God damn, I hate that stuff.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's quite easy - if you qualify for free lunch, you get it. I am against higher paid classes of service or food in public schools. The pressure kids feel when they are poor is very real but those who don't qualify for free lunches, that's on their parents who don't pay. The state didn't take your kid to raise.

When you're raised poor the school lunch might be some of the only food you'll get. It needs to be a sure thing.

I never had a problem with our cafeteria food, there were preferred days and meh days.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You really can't taste it. And I'm scarred for life from Miracle Whip. We never ate mayo in our house til like the mid 90s, it was always miracle whip. God damn, I hate that stuff.
    I don't believe you. Even if it's all in my head, I'll be able to discern some small tinge of mayo and then I'll start vomiting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't believe you. Even if it's all in my head, I'll be able to discern some small tinge of mayo and then I'll start vomiting.
    I'll drink pineapple juice.. don't worry.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This needs its own thread. I'm not a mayo fan, but wow me with your takes, sir.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ah, this is cool. Good job, Florida Man.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/14/us/ma...rnd/index.html

Thread Information