Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Delicious ing food, I love you ST, never ing change worst trade deadline in history

Man, didn't think I'd see the day where I had to bump a timvp cliff-jumping bad take... How the times change....
    It still hurts tbh. Also Memphis in 6.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've never seen a poster so preoccupied with others' sexual orientations, tbh, it's frankly fascinating (and hilarious). You really spend more time fantasizing about other people sucking , than you do posting good takes that won't get ridiculed in a week on here, huh...

Freud's calling, my guy, gonna pick it up? Or are you scared of what's behind that door...?
    lol got

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weird definition of cliff jumping or having a bad take, tbh. Everyone was assuming Chriss would be released right away after the trade. By all indications, the Spurs were planning on keeping Chriss for the insurance money unless something fell into their laps. And it did.

I agreed with Chinook that the most troubling aspect of the trade was that it could mean that ownership was putting finances ahead of winning. I don't think anyone said that was 100% the case. But, as it turns out, the Dieng moves points to a scenario where the Spurs positioned themselves to basically sell a roster spot if they couldn't improve. They were able to improve and pulled the trigger. Good turn of events
    I'm pulling your leg, being hyperbolic, my guy. But it is disingenuous to say "everyone was assuming Chriss would be released right away...", when the general consensus here (and you specifically lol) was that the Spurs would hold him for the rest of the season to grab those insurance checks. Didn't you literally say "OMG, sounds like the Spurs can't waive him. The source was right "? A literal day before he was, in fact, waived? A far cry from "assuming he would be released" lmfao

Agree on the rest; having seen the complete picture, it makes the Chriss trade have more sense, I was also puzzled when it went down. Can't wait for Dieng to stumble out of the gates and ST to turn on him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think RD has shown the capacity of using one of those, so linking them isn't too useful tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm pulling your leg, being hyperbolic, my guy. But it is disingenuous to say "everyone was assuming Chriss would be released right away...", when the general consensus here (and you specifically lol) was that the Spurs would hold him for the rest of the season to grab those insurance checks. Didn't you literally say "OMG, sounds like the Spurs can't waive him. The source was right "? A literal day before he was, in fact, waived? A far cry from "assuming he would be released" lmfao

Agree on the rest; having seen the complete picture, it makes the Chriss trade have more sense, I was also puzzled when it went down. Can't wait for Dieng to stumble out of the gates and ST to turn on him
    Eh, it doesn't matter at this point, but "everyone was assuming Chriss would be released right away" was in reference to what everyone thought right after the trade happened. We all though (as far as I know) that Chriss was traded to the Spurs along with money so that the Spurs could buy him out right away and profit a little bit of money for going through the trouble of doing that. That's how those trades typically work. That the Spurs considered keeping him for insurance purposes (and probably would have kept him, by all accounts, if not for the Dieng signing) was surprising and something I've never heard of an NBA team doing before.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think RD has shown the capacity of using one of those, so linking them isn't too useful tbh
    Shutup, got.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eh, it doesn't matter at this point, but "everyone was assuming Chriss would be released right away" was in reference to what everyone thought right after the trade happened. We all though (as far as I know) that Chriss was traded to the Spurs along with money so that the Spurs could buy him out right away and profit a little bit of money for going through the trouble of doing that. That's how those trades typically work. That the Spurs considered keeping him for insurance purposes (and probably would have kept him, by all accounts, if not for the Dieng signing) was surprising and something I've never heard of an NBA team doing before.
    I see

Btw, not to be insistent, but have you thought about that Ignore feature yet? There's this one guy following me around (well, he and his alt), and I think he's a bit too obsessed with me for his own good. Must be my looks or something... Hard to know

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see

Btw, not to be insistent, but have you thought about that Ignore feature yet? There's this one guy following me around (well, he and his alt), and I think he's a bit too obsessed with me for his own good. Must be my looks or something... Hard to know

Thread Information