Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We all know LMA doesn't want to play C, but you watch - he will be the 2nd unit C against teams that don't have bruisers. Pop will snake charm him into it.

It'd still be nice to have a competent 6 foul true C though (assuming Bonner is tge other depth big), and I guess Lalanne is shaping up to be that guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Somebody check on Chinook, tbh...
    I blame Bruno

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is the story on Milutinov? Why is he not at SL? Coming to camp? Would obviously be a good thing to have a 7 footer behind Tim and our PF lineup from .

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is the story on Milutinov? Why is he not at SL? Coming to camp? Would obviously be a good thing to have a 7 footer behind Tim and our PF lineup from .
    Playing with his national team.

Coming Off The Bench TheGoldStandard's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly!

We can't have our only true center be a 40 year old who is paradoxically the greatest power forward ever.
    Milutinov is not even close to being ready.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs have been reaching on first round Euros (especially bigs) since Mahinmi. Most could have been had in the second round.

Mahinmi, LJC, Milutinov, none of them were first round picks in most mock drafts.

Splitter, on the other hand, was a concensus first round pick in the mocks for a reason (as was Parker).

Bottom line, I wouldn't hold my breath on Mulutinov -- he's no Splitter (at most a lesser Rasho).
    These have all been very late first round picks where the rate of success is pretty low. I think this "reaching" is intentional to some extent. Take a Euro- don't have to give them guaranteed money or roster slot (allows you to bring in people for trial runs like Green Mills etc.). If they develop great- if not no loss

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm seeing people mention that the Spurs have no backup SF.

Danny Green is fine as a "backup" SF, Manu plays his best defense against bigger players these days rather than quick players with good ball handling and Boris Diaw has shown he can check SF's for short periods at an average level. Also, there is Kawhi who is going to play between 30-34 minutes PG - the Spurs will be fine at that position.

Some extra insurance could be useful but I'm doubting any player they bring in will jump above Danny and Manu on the backup SF list.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm seeing people mention that the Spurs have no backup SF.

Danny Green is fine as a "backup" SF, Manu plays his best defense against bigger players these days rather than quick players with good ball handling and Boris Diaw has shown he can check SF's for short periods at an average level. Also, there is Kawhi who is going to play between 30-34 minutes PG - the Spurs will be fine at that position.

Some extra insurance could be useful but I'm doubting any player they bring in will jump above Danny and Manu on the backup SF list.
    Any player they bring in will immediately jump Green when he does something Pop doesn't like. Realistically though they can't expect Green to play the 2/3 with no true backup 3. Kyle Anderson will get hosed by Pop and benched several times. They'll bring a vet in

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any player they bring in will immediately jump Green when he does something Pop doesn't like. Realistically though they can't expect Green to play the 2/3 with no true backup 3. Kyle Anderson will get hosed by Pop and benched several times. They'll bring a vet in
    They may bring a vet in, but it isn't dire straits if they don't. For the 15MPG Kawhi isn't playing, Green/Manu/Diaw can suffice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs have been reaching on first round Euros (especially bigs) since Mahinmi. Most could have been had in the second round.

Mahinmi, LJC, Milutinov, none of them were first round picks in most mock drafts.

Splitter, on the other hand, was a concensus first round pick in the mocks for a reason (as was Parker).

Bottom line, I wouldn't hold my breath on Mulutinov -- he's no Splitter (at most a lesser Rasho).
    They like reaching for Euros with late 1st rounders because it locks the players into the rookie scale. No salary expectations blowing up. It also helps because they don't like giving guaranteed money to just anybody, so avoid drafting domestic players unless they're certain.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Playing with his national team.
    Thanks....so he is not an option for this season...talent notwithstanding?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think this "reaching" is intentional to some extent. Take a Euro- don't have to give them guaranteed money or roster slot (allows you to bring in people for trial runs like Green Mills etc.). If they develop great- if not no loss
    I agree, they're intentionally taking 2d round talent with first round picks for the reasons you state.

Still, it's frustrating because those picks have value. I'd rather see them trade down or get future picks if they don't see someone worth the pick they have.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with others that bringing him over and putting him in Austin would of been much better for his development. He barely gets any minutes in France. He needs to show some kind of offense before he is a legit nba player though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kid is only 21 years old and still has plenty of time to wear the Silver and Black. Do not want to waste a season or 2 of his rookie contract on developing if the spurs can help it. Sit down with the kid, tell him what he needs to work on, and send him back over on TP's dime to develop the rest of his game. No brainer in my opinion

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obviously he does not coach the team. But whatever input LJC might need to make the team surely wont come from Enrique. To the contrary, Tony will talk to the compe ion and tell them how to play LJC.
    Two things: 1. tp is the reason we drafted this guy to begin with... 2. It's amazing how much effort you put trying to suck apa...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kid is only 21 years old and still has plenty of time to wear the Silver and Black. Do not want to waste a season or 2 of his rookie contract on developing if the spurs can help it. Sit down with the kid, tell him what he needs to work on, and send him back over on TP's dime to develop the rest of his game. No brainer in my opinion
    He needs to work on offense in game time situations, he needs minutes.. Hopefully Asvel will provide that going forward

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still annoyed that Spurs just barely missed drafting Gobert and had to settle for this scrub. We always end up drafting the ty French players

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still annoyed that Spurs just barely missed drafting Gobert and had to settle for this scrub. We always end up drafting the ty French players
    Missed Batum by one spot also.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But remember that time they got George Hill and Tiago Splitter..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how many French players have spurs drafted?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how many French players have spurs drafted?
    4 including parker

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't you think the Front Office knows that? They'll take care of.
    Obviously, they will. They're the best FO in the league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree, they're intentionally taking 2d round talent with first round picks for the reasons you state.

Still, it's frustrating because those picks have value. I'd rather see them trade down or get future picks if they don't see someone worth the pick they have.
    I suspect they try this and have in the past- traded for future picks etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rodman was no offensive juggernaut

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he needs game minutes and he'll get that in Europe. Everyone agrees he's pretty raw and still very inexperienced. As long as we have his rights for the next year I'm down with leaving him in France again.

Spurs FO seems to have a pretty good handle on their needs this year and have demonstrated an ability to fill them with good money management and the Spurs story. I'll go with their decision over ST posters who only have a limited exposure to LJC in two SL games against minor league players.

Thread Information