Page 60 of 160 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 3993
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah, there are 30 posts per page, so thank Spurtacular for contributing over 7 pages on his own, with ceperez adding another 5+
    And more than one page of kawhi2016fmvp screaming about how bad Jimmer is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

* thread.

yeah, its 50 pages, but due to the long offseason and posters posting meaningless threads, its not as valid as the other 50 page threads

/duck

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I will say that 95% from the line is a good enough resume to make a team especially for a 15? Man, especially in the western conference where every point is at a premium. He can do it cold too. Just saying
    Could've used that at the end of 2013.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hes not even making the team

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Grow a pair, Apasolic; and use your main screen name to claim this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guaranteed money says otherwise. Be more well-informed.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I said he would. I'm not backing down from it either. He's the closest thing they have to Beli, and they'll want to save Ginobili's legs over the long season. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm probably the only one that's not patently dismissive of the possibility.
    I believe that Jimmer can be more than an end of the bench guy. But if he has to work hard and wait for his chance, then that's how it goes. He did that in Sacramento. He killed it in games he started, and then the dysfunction set in and he was rewarded for it by being completely taken out of the rotation for lesser players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    214 of your 988 posts have been in this thread. get over it

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    214 of your 988 posts have been in this thread. get over it
    Get over what exactly?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get over what exactly?
    jimmer

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What exactly are you worried about here?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    your mental health

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eat a Snickers, bro.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get over what exactly?
    Your mancrush?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eat a Snickers, bro.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Starring Tim Tebow as Jimmer Fredette.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IMO he makes the initial roster and gets spot minutes here and there to prove what he can do. Depending on his performance then either gets cut, is part of a trade package, or gets his contract guaranteed the rest of the year. He was guaranteed $500,000. The Spurs aren't in the habit of guaranteeing that much to someone who is training camp fodder.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IMO he makes the initial roster and gets spot minutes here and there to prove what he can do. Depending on his performance then either gets cut, is part of a trade package, or gets his contract guaranteed the rest of the year. He was guaranteed $500,000. The Spurs aren't in the habit of guaranteeing that much to someone who is training camp fodder.
    The $500,000 question is who will they waive come January? Bonner or Jimmer?

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The $500,000 question is who will they waive come January? Bonner or Jimmer?
    They could trade both before then.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So is Jimmer this year's Eddy Curry?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am actually rooting some for Jimmer. He's younger and could possibly see a renaissance in his career to a scorer role when resting guys or covering for injuries. Bonner on the other hand is done. He is old and unlike the other old guys in the team, he was already limited to begin with, so his shooting 36.5% last year was awful when that was his one NBA talent. I think he's a cool nice guy who will take being waived in stride if his shooting doesn't come back. Jimmer on the other hand should be hungry and looking to have a better year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why the do we have a 51-page thread on a player who won't even make the team?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would say there is something like a 90% odd that Fredette stay with the team after training camp. Even if he sucks, Spurs will likely keep him because it's cheaper to keep him than to waive him:
    If Fredette is cut at the end of training camp, Spurs will have to give him his guaranteed salary and will have to pay $750K in luxury tax on it at the end of the season. The cost cutting move would be to keep him until December 15th and then trade him (he can't be traded before). The trade would be Fredette and cash for the usual top 55 protected pick to a team well below the tax with an open roster spot. The cash needed to make the trade would be what's remain on Fredette guaranteed contract and about $200K as incentive for the other team to do the trade. At the end, Spurs would save $550K with that move.

I'm putting odds at 90% because Fredette might be waived if Spurs need a roster spot. This spot could be needed if an non-guaranteed player shine at the training camp, if Spurs do a trade with Williams contract or if Spurs want to sign a player waived by another team. These 3 possibilities seem unlikely to me. Fredette odds at making the roster might drop a little if Spurs add quality player(s) like Rasual Butler and/or Deshaun Thomas to the training camp but it won't go lower than, let's say, 70%.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would say there is something like a 90% odd that Fredette stay with the team after training camp. Even if he sucks, Spurs will likely keep him because it's cheaper to keep him than to waive him:
    If Fredette is cut at the end of training camp, Spurs will have to give him his guaranteed salary and will have to pay $750K in luxury tax on it at the end of the season. The cost cutting move would be to keep him until December 15th and then trade him (he can't be traded before). The trade would be Fredette and cash for the usual top 55 protected pick to a team well below the tax with an open roster spot. The cash needed to make the trade would be what's remain on Fredette guaranteed contract and about $200K as incentive for the other team to do the trade. At the end, Spurs would save $550K with that move.

I'm putting odds at 90% because Fredette might be waived if Spurs need a roster spot. This spot could be needed if an non-guaranteed player shine at the training camp, if Spurs do a trade with Williams contract or if Spurs want to sign a player waived by another team. These 3 possibilities seem unlikely to me. Fredette odds at making the roster might drop a little if Spurs add quality player(s) like Rasual Butler and/or Deshaun Thomas to the training camp but it won't go lower than, let's say, 70%.
    Eh, someone may well claim Fredette if he gets waived, in which case the Spurs owe him nothing. I'm sure the Spurs would "shop" him in this way (asking teams if they'd claim him) as part of the process of doing this move. I don't think the money would be a sticking point for ANY of the Spurs' cheap guaranteed guys.

I think Jimmer makes the cut mind you. But his salary guarantees him nothing.

Thread Information