Page 14 of 38 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Astros in 5, Brewers in 6.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why the meltdown guy? For someone who says the boston sucks, you are showing a lot of fear in your posts.

The thing is, you're most likely right about them but totally disregarding them because you have a bug up your ass about them is hilarious to see.
    I like him. He also has a bug up his ass about the Dodgers for some reason . But the MLB forum needs some kind of villain. Too many disparate fanbases in here for good -talking. The Sox on all cylinders are Houston's equal on all cylinders. Problem for the Sox is they have a few chokers (as you know) that routinely prevent them from their peak. But if the Sox can just get that game from Price and if the bullpen settles down, it's a 50/50 series.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'm agreeing with a Yankee for the first time ever I think. This guy was hot trash.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like him. He also has a bug up his ass about the Dodgers for some reason . But the MLB forum needs some kind of villain. Too many disparate fanbases in here for good -talking. The Sox on all cylinders are Houston's equal on all cylinders. Problem for the Sox is they have a few chokers (as you know) that routinely prevent them from their peak. But if the Sox can just get that game from Price and if the bullpen settles down, it's a 50/50 series.
    I've given up on Price a couple of years ago. One bright spot for him is that he doesn't have to deal with the Yankees anymore.

Tbh, I wont even be mad when and if they lose to the Astros even in 5 games. It's hard to hate on a young and lively team like the Astros. They're good, but they also dont flaunt it or act arrogant like the Yankees and even Red Sox are known to do.

Astros are my backup team. As long as they keep that healthy at ude they have, I'll be a lowkey fan of them.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Had too much sh** going last five or six days; I didn't catch a pitch of Yanks / Red Sox. In fact, I haven't caught anything since the Wild Card games.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Braves
    - $73M payroll
    - Division le
    - 4 game playoff lose

Yankees
    - $147M payroll
    - No division le
    - 4 game playoff lose

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

Oh okay so that's why I've been seeing this generic crappy logo. Was sure it had to do with the Cavs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Stros just barely got by thanks to plenty of help from moron Dodgers.
    So cut it with the "unbeatable" crap.

In fact I'll call BoSox. Their re manager might blow a game or two like Dodger manager did, but I'll still say Bosox.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

In fact I'll call BoSox. Their re manager might blow a game or two like Dodger manager did, but I'll still say Bosox.
    Lol no . The Stros took it from the Dodgers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol no . The Stros took it from the Dodgers.
    Scrape some more flood mold off your wooden Harden statues .

Two games gifted to Stros.
    Game 3.
    Jansen had Gonzales 0-2 top of 9th ahead by one.
    Baseball 101 is you don't throw a meatball right down the middle of the plate, you thrown an unhittable pitch. Props to Gonzales for the HR. Idiotic move by Jansen.

Game 5 Jansen gets two outs to start the 10th. Next he hits a batter then walks. Bergman gets the single to win it. WTF are those two even doing on base?

Kelsey Jansen was your MVP so STFU.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Scrape some more flood mold off your wooden Harden statues .

Two games gifted to Stros.
    Game 3.
    Jansen had Gonzales 0-2 top of 9th ahead by one.
    Baseball 101 is you don't throw a meatball right down the middle of the plate, you thrown an unhittable pitch. Props to Gonzales for the HR. Idiotic move by Jansen.

Game 5 Jansen gets two outs to start the 10th. Next he hits a batter then walks. Bergman gets the single to win it. WTF are those two even doing on base?

Kelsey Jansen was your MVP so STFU.
    Jansen gave up the winning run in game 5 which shifted momentum in the series. Go eat some more boogers and your mother some more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jansen gave up the winning run in game 5 which shifted momentum in the series. Go eat some more boogers and your mother some more.
    Game 3 also Cherry.
    Stros had to be momentum shifted out twice in a 7 game series.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Between facing that bullpen and getting at least one crack at Price, I fully expect Springer to average 2 homers per game this series.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The biggest moment in that game (for me) was Bregman's AB with 2 outs/2 strikes in the 5th against Kershaw (at 2:02).

I could watch that AB and never get bored (even though my team was on the negative side of it). Kershaw gets gifted a call on the first pitch outside, and usually when that happens, it's game over for the hitter. All the pitcher has to do is work more and more away and the hitter has no choice but to chase, since he doesn't want another outside pitch called a strike. I don't know how Bregman took that second pitch. Superhuman discipline. He fights for 10 pitches and draws a walk, leading to the Altuve game tying bomb. Bregman is special. Should be in the MVP running next year.

you're my sweetie pie Cuppycake Gumdrop's Avatar
    My Team
    Memphis Grizzlies
    Post Count
    Gonna be funny to see a bunch of teams tanking to copy the Houston model, except nobody else will have that unprecedented level of blind luck at hitting on every prospect.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

I mean, Roberts did overmanage the out of that series, but let's be real, the Astros came up with every clutch play when they needed it. Game 5 was ing crazy.

Houston earned that ring fair and square.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    Braves
    - $73M payroll
    - Division le
    - 4 game playoff lose

Yankees
    - $147M payroll
    - No division le
    - 4 game playoff lose
    You also left out how Braves haven’t won a single playoff series since 2001.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Gonna be funny to see a bunch of teams tanking to copy the Houston model, except nobody else will have that unprecedented level of blind luck at hitting on every prospect.
    Unlikely. Baseball is unique because of the player demographics and the process to acquire young talent outside the draft. Essentially one-third of the league is undrafted, international players. That goes beyond just regular, average players. Nearly one-third of the all-stars this season were international guys. Three of the top five AL MVP players last season were international, including the winner Altuve. Currently, the top four prospects in minor league baseball, Guerrero, Tatis, Jimenez, Robles, are all international signees.

Because of that international resource and how international players are acquired as 16 year old signees in Latin America and the posting process in Asia, the draft is not as vital to organizational progression and improvement as it is for other sports like basketball and football. Teams don’t need to tank for the draft to get lucky. Heck, Atlanta is a prime example this season. While they’ve been bad for a couple years, their surprise ascent this season wasn’t because of top 5 draft picks. It was the development and emergence of their international kids Albies and Acuna.

Astros aren’t a blueprint many teams are going to copycat or need to copycat anyway. Some teams will just be bad and get a bunch of consecutive high picks simply because they’re bad organizations led by bad front offices. But it’s not a blueprint.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, Roberts did overmanage the out of that series, but let's be real, the Astros came up with every clutch play when they needed it. Game 5 was ing crazy.

Houston earned that ring fair and square.
    "Clutch" is not getting hit by pitch when pitcher has you two outs in the 9th and nobody on with a lead. Are you saying he somehow enticed Jansen to hit him? He didn't.

Likewise the Altuve bomb, while he smacked it fair and square 400+ ft, reliever has just gotten thru delivering a meatball inside that Altuve crushed for a foul ball. All at bat long he had pitched him outside as Altuves swing is notoriously more suited to inside pitching. Talking heads even picked up on it before the at bat. Again, it's like Baseball 101 there to continue to go outside and away and not try to go inside, esp belt high. Especially after you one pitch before lucked out when the same pitch resulted in a rocket bomb was foul.

Great smack by Altuve. Moronic gift by Dodgers reliever.

Dodger IQ that series was short bus.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cora starting Price for Game 2.

Ya you're so good Astros.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brewer's pitcher just went deep on the Dodgers. A first for me.

Believe.
    My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    Brewer's pitcher just went deep on the Dodgers. A first for me.
    Kershaw

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Playoff Kershaw strikes again

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Different year, same in' story. Kershaw just can't figure it out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would have pinch hit for Beardo.
    He's having an off night.

Thread Information