Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good chance Keldon fouls out against Bron

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon pretty much proved he's one of the best athletes in the league with this game.

He didn't get backed down at all by Zion.

In fact, I'd argue he had the better game.

He killed Zion on the defensive end whenever he was assigned to him.

Next test: LeBron
    Good take away.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The 5 pt play was legit. Demar wasn't squared up he was more on guy's side. Pop challenged n it got reviewed in slow motion n still went against us. Then demar fails to block out n almost kills zion...clear foul clear 5pt play...we lucked out they didn't hit him with flagrant to make it even worse n more one sided

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon pretty much proved he's one of the best athletes in the league with this game.

He didn't get backed down at all by Zion.

In fact, I'd argue he had the better game.

He killed Zion on the defensive end whenever he was assigned to him.

Next test: LeBron
    Johnson is strong and all, but it's hard to back down shorter players. Johnson was really wedging himself in there, and his lower center of gravity basically made him immovable. That's why Zion kept trying to spin on Johnson -- Keldon was committed to not being bowled over. Once the Spurs started rotating to catch the spin, Williamson didn't have an easy way to score. Dude's gotta be willing/able to shoot over shorter players or else more teams will guard him that way. Johnson is special, but he's not unique.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great fight back at the end of the 3rd, just couldn’t close it out.
    My observations:

- Lonnie Dubs. impact over the first 3 games can’t be understated. He has been solid and at times spectacular. Most consistent Spur so far perhaps next to...

- Patty Mills. Best stretch of basketball I’ve seen from him in some time. His playmaking in the 2nd quarter was great to see. I know that’s not his role full time, but makes for a dangerous pairing with D. White when he returns.

- KJ is a bad man. Probably the most fun guy to watch on the team at the moment. When he gets the ball and attacks, 1/2 of the time something good happens. Think he will get that up to about 70% by the end of the year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The 5 pt play was legit. Demar wasn't squared up he was more on guy's side. Pop challenged n it got reviewed in slow motion n still went against us. Then demar fails to block out n almost kills zion...clear foul clear 5pt play...we lucked out they didn't hit him with flagrant to make it even worse n more one sided
    I do think it was a legit call, and DMDR probably wasn't upset with it as much as he was upset with the no-calls on the other side. There were a couple of plays where you could hear skin slapping but no whistle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do think it was a legit call, and DMDR probably wasn't upset with it as much as he was upset with the no-calls on the other side. There were a couple of plays where you could hear skin slapping but no whistle.
    yeah, Murray got smashed under the basket that triggered the fast beak that led to the 5 point play. I really bad no call.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge is absolutely putrid. Whoever was saying he's the best player on the team is living in a distant, distant past. ing terrible player. I wish the Spurs could have traded him in the off-season. Demar, I was happy with the first two games, but again, he got frustrated and taken out again. Will he ever figure it out? When things aren't going his way, he seems to have this loser mentality out there. He let's it all get to him. He doesn't seem like he has the makeup of a winner (he's the exact opposite of Manu when it comes to a winning mentality).

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Johnson is strong and all, but it's hard to back down shorter players. Johnson was really wedging himself in there, and his lower center of gravity basically made him immovable. That's why Zion kept trying to spin on Johnson -- Keldon was committed to not being bowled over. Once the Spurs started rotating to catch the spin, Williamson didn't have an easy way to score. Dude's gotta be willing/able to shoot over shorter players or else more teams will guard him that way. Johnson is special, but he's not unique.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And there it is. The point where you know that your team sucks but you’re in denial and you want to blame officiating on the result of the game. Sitting in your parents’s basement screaming conspiracy.
    To be fair Ingram was getting some Harden-esque calls throughout the game. Spurs blew it due to low-IQ play from their supposed leader however.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray with 6 turnovers did not help.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And all in the first half. He picked it up in the second, but that was brutal.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    To be fair Ingram was getting some Harden-esque calls throughout the game. Spurs blew it due to low-IQ play from their supposed leader however.
    I can’t control the refs tbh. I learned that when they sent the Rams to the Super Bowl and I spent next 17 hours in revolt until I finally realized that most sports are predetermined.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can’t control the refs tbh. I learned that when they sent the Rams to the Super Bowl and I spent next 17 hours in revolt until I finally realized that most sports are predetermined.
    det game

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Darn man, that game ing sucked. I was going for the Saints as I have been a huge Drew Brees fan ever since he got to New Orleans. I also don't mind the Saints as a team as I was a Rams fan back in the day (Prime Marshall Faulk was probably my favourite player ever, he was just soo smart and skilled out there, and Kurt Warner maybe next, or Drew Brees I'd have as my second or third favourite player), and the Saints beat us fair and square in the playoffs one year were Kurt broke his hand and missed half the season, but came back. The Saints played a hard, tough, physical game. I loved that Rams team, but Mike Martz ed it all up by being supremely arrogant not caring about turnovers and not focusing on having at least a good defense. I loved the balance they had that year with Vermeil as head coach as he called a lot more running plays for Marshall Faulk and balanced the passing out with a good running game. Needless to say, I do not go for the Rams anymore since they moved to LA and stopped following them when Mike Martz started screwing up the team. I actually became a fan on them the first season they moved to St. Louis as I liked Isaac Bruce's game.

Anyway, that game ing sucked and I was mad as that New Orleans lost. They really should have been in the superbowl that year and Drew Brees should have had a legit chance to win another ring.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be fair this is the first time he is guarded by someone longer than him with some athletic help, it will be a good learning experience for him.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Scoffed at BI the other day, like he's not better than any player on the spurs, then he proceeds to take a wet on your team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scoffed at BI the other day, like he's not better than any player on the spurs, then he proceeds to take a wet on your team
    empty calories
    rent free

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Calling me white trash really hurt me. I hope your hate filled party loses every challenge and you finally accept that your Orange hero lost. You’re a ing waste of human space.
    I have to laugh at your idiocy. I'm actually super progressive and I voted for Bernie Sanders twice in both primaries in '16 and '20.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Better hope your team repeats. Otherwise it’s gonna be another forgetful year in your miserable life

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    empty calories
    rent free
    He needs this. Makes up for all those times women rejected him for having a micropenis.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Ingram was just too big for Lonnie. Ideally that should’ve been Keldon on Ingram and get him out of his game with his peskiness. But Keldon was already doingba great job on Zion. Maybe Pop could’ve used Diop or Eubanks on him.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Your mom is an L.
    hopefully you manage to be disappointed in yourself and learn from this experience.

i said this was an L and was right. i like how you didn’t say this would be a W for the spurs. maybe one day you’ll have conviction.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    5 point plays by the refs and no calls when your team gets hammered in the paint is an uphill battle.

Pop needs to get some T’s early. No national TV games. Let it rip Pop. Make it rain
    That was a good call by the ref... DeMar undercut zion...he also lost his mind and deserved the tech, he also was rightfully called for a blocking foul...ingram didn't extend his arm...watch the replay... DeMar has a history of losing his mind during games... At crucial times too... We need to hold him accountable for being mentally weak and not coddle him... https://youtu.be/k5F9HHGRh4s

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh wow, multiple end of game situations? MULTIPLE? ing crazy he's not Robert Horry yet then. Yes, , I watched the game, and the play was drawn up to go to Demar and Lonnie ran it as drawn. It was ing obvious. You seem to be one of the only ones who can't understand this.
    Exactly! It was so obvious it was a designed play

Thread Information