Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

that Detroit pick should be pretty high

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So we still got 2 2nd round picks and 1 first round pick? We just get the better 2nd rounder? Did I get this right? Cause i initially thought we got 2 seconds from the Bulls and a 3rd one from the Wizards
    As far as I've read so far, the Bulls sent the Spurs two second round picks. One in 2022, one some other year a few years from now. This trade, as far as I can tell, is the Spurs taking Hutchinson's $4 million contract for the BEST 2022 second round pick of the Pistons, Lakers and Bulls. So, considering the Pistons will likely keep tanking, the Spurs traded for a 30-something pick for $4 million. If that's correct, that's one of a great trade. This past draft, late second round picks were getting sold for $3 million. To get a 30-something for $4 million is highway robbery.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah that’s a good move. And Hutchinson is expiring as well. I‘m curious what the next move is. I don’t think they are done

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As far as I've read so far, the Bulls sent the Spurs two second round picks. One in 2022, one some other year a few years from now. This trade, as far as I can tell, is the Spurs taking Hutchinson's $4 million contract for the BEST 2022 second round pick of the Pistons, Lakers and Bulls. So, considering the Pistons will likely keep tanking, the Spurs traded for a 30-something pick for $4 million. If that's correct, that's one of a great trade. This past draft, late second round picks were getting sold for $3 million. To get a 30-something for $4 million is highway robbery.
    For the Derozan trade it was reported that the Bulls were sending the Lakers 2022 second round pick and the Bulls 2025 second round pick. So this Hutchinson trade isn’t an extra pick and is more like a free choice?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holy ing ...Hutchison ISN’T white?!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not even 100% sure Hutchinson is a auto-release. He was pretty damn good two years ago from what I saw. Last year he didn't look good but two years I was impressed the few times I saw him. He's at least better than Aminu but also probably better than Jeffries and KBD unless something happened in the last year that I missed. I know he's been injured quite a bit so maybe that's why he had to get dumped so expensively.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    $4 million to swap up in the second round?

Ehhh ... Between this and Forbes and the players they'll have to cut, they're really burning through capital. I wish they would have burned some on John Collins

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Ehhh ... Between this and Forbes and the players they'll have to cut, they're really burning through capital. I wish they would have burned some on John Collins
    Don't see any "swapping up" in this trade, tbh.

If this trade is as reported, it's a great trade by the Spurs -- gotta give them credit for this move. This is the type of deals they should be doing. It's almost too good to be true ... hopefully there's no catch like Lonnie or Luka is involved or something

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bulls fans and Wizards absolutely despise this dude, so take that for what you will

Love the 2nd rnd pickup though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bulls fans and Wizards absolutely despise this dude, so take that for what you will
    Yeah, judging by this trade, something must have gone really wrong with him. Otherwise, the Wizards wouldn't have had to pay top, top dollar to salary dump a guy on an expiring $4 million deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t know what’s going on in this trade. can somebody explain it to me in simple, non capologist terms? Also I am not ready to celebrate this trade without really understanding what happened and without knowing what SA gave up.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't see any "swapping up" in this trade, tbh.

If this trade is as reported, it's a great trade by the Spurs -- gotta give them credit for this move. This is the type of deals they should be doing. It's almost too good to be true ... hopefully there's no catch like Lonnie or Luka is involved or something
    Their total future incoming seconds went from two to two? If that's right, it's a swap up. If it's 3 total seconds I'll be happy to see.

Because it it's a de facto swap, good for spending the money, I just think big picture other moves would have been better uses

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We're at least bringing Chandler into the season right? Seems like a young, serviceable wing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can't complain the Spurs don't make these trades and then clown them when they do, my guy.
    Can’t make jokes now? Forbes has you really twisted up lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t know what’s going on in this trade. can somebody explain it to me in simple, non capologist terms? Also I am not ready to celebrate this trade without really understanding what happened and without knowing what SA gave up.
    The Spurs paid $4 million for the Pistons 2022 second round pick which should be somewhere between 31 and 40.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DPG21920 turning heel is one of the most surprising 180s in this storyline.
    I’m upset at a lot Sa did but not this. Was just a joke

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Their total future incoming seconds went from two to two? If that's right, it's a swap up. If it's 3 total seconds I'll be happy to see.

Because it it's a de facto swap, good for spending the money, I just think big picture other moves would have been better uses
    Went from two to three.

tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

they probably know chances are slim at landing Collins. Either way they have expiring contracts to send out to acquire someone like Simmons (even if this isn't ideal)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seriously, who or what did we give up? Did Brian Wright participate in an orgy and is the only one getting ed as per the usual?
    he thoroughly enjoys being bukkaked

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chandler Hutchinson posted to his IG story, basically saying “people that sleep on you will realized they fcked up by counting you out, keep working.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chandler Hutchinson posted to his IG story, basically saying “people that sleep on you will realized they fcked up by counting you out, keep working.”
    hes not even posting about becoming a Spur. Dude is going to be waived very soon

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, judging by this trade, something must have gone really wrong with him. Otherwise, the Wizards wouldn't have had to pay top, top dollar to salary dump a guy on an expiring $4 million deal.
    He got shipped out or Chicago because he thought he was a star and deserved more. He made a lot of bad comments was held out of games for "personal reasons."

He bad mouthed the organization on social media when they shipped him much like he's doing now with the wizards. He's been a headache since getting in the league thinking highly of himself and low of others. Hasn't meshed well with others so far. Really not sure if spurs try to remediate or waive due to his continued negativity.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    $4 million for a second round pick is good? Why?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    $4 million for a second round pick is good? Why?
    Because they often cost more. Think about how much the Spurs got for taking on Aminu. That's ignoring Young in the equation. A high second for $4 Million or a late second and distant second for more than $10 Million

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He got shipped out or Chicago because he thought he was a star and deserved more. He made a lot of bad comments was held out of games for "personal reasons."

He bad mouthed the organization on social media when they shipped him much like he's doing now with the wizards. He's been a headache since getting in the league thinking highly of himself and low of others. Hasn't meshed well with others so far. Really not sure if spurs try to remediate or waive due to his continued negativity.
    well this is definitely the right organization to „get over himself“

Thread Information