Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sure Manu is just doing what Pop tells him to do... there's only one video of Pop yelling at a certain player to give the ball to Kawhi, tbh...

I think a lot of what is going to make or break the 2nd unit next season will be Boris... if we get last season's Boris, it's just not going to work out, and we'll just be going for more ISOs (not Manu, but Kawhi/LMA if they're in there). On the other hand, Boris being sharp really makes us a different team. Also excited to see what we replace West with. When he talks about a Center, i don't think it necessarily means for starting. There's no doubt that going with two undersized bigs off the bench costs us dearly defensively. Having a true 7 footer next to Boris that's not foul prone and has a rep for blocking shots and protecting the paint makes a lot of sense for that 2nd unit. Maybe Boban will blossom into that, but maybe not, so looking for a more seasoned guy at that position makes sense, IMO.
    But they already have Boban and if they wanted to keep him they really, really could, and the reports were that both team and player looked forward to getting back together. However, Boban pulled out of international compe ion on advice of his rep. Notice how Manu is not concerned about that, but Boban with a more uncertain future was held out. I think Pop could have easily played Boban more through the season, he didn't bc he had committed to D west. When playoffs came around Boban wasn't ready to be a big part of them, but neither were the guys around him to cover for him. If you play Boban, maybe you need different defensive schemes, guys have to rotate sharper to cover him on PnR etc. It wasn't something guys were used to bc they didn't play Boban the entire season, but I am sure Boban can play in the league.
    Heck, Baynes is a bench big and is not that much more agile. Now starting him is a different matter.

But it's speculation. We have to wait for Tim. Maybe Spurs come out of FA with neither Durant, nor Gasol unfortunately and Manu will get paid what he wants. It's possible the entire nebula he threw on that subject just means that if the Spurs strike out in the targets they are after, Manu knows he will get a good sized contract anyways, but he also sounded very open to playing the field.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I felt comfortable all season and I'm healthy: Why not keep going?
    By Manu Ginobili

Truth be told, my decision to continue playing in the NBA it's because I felt great throughout last season. It was much easier to make that decision in no small part because of that. I had a good time, I enjoyed my minutes on the court. Even though the end wasn't the one we expected with the Spurs, that can't just erase everything that happened earlier. At a different time of my career, not winning the championship or losing a bit earlier than expected would have put the whole season in the disappointment column. Nowadays I experience these things in a different light. We played great for a long stretch of the season, I felt comfortable all season and I'm healthy, I can't think why I shouldn't keep on going. Well, that's what I value the most at this time. I value it above all.

I felt that I was useful to the team. That's why it didn't take long to thing about continuing. Now it's time to wait and see how things develop. I understand it's a delicate moment, because free agency just started and, as it normally happens, you have to wait until the "big fish" sign first. I'm aware my team is seeking Kevin Durant's services. So the way this works is those kind of players are signed up first, and then there's a cascade effect, where the rest of the deals are signed. It's a completely understandable situation. It's logical that the first order is to cover fundamental roles. It's not the time for news for me. I did talk to Pop: he told me he wanted me back, that he'd like if I could keep going, and there's no doubt San Antonio has priority for me. I'd love to get back home because that's what the Spurs have always been to me. But well, we have to wait and see how everything works out. Because besides Durant, they're looking for a Center. I have to be patient. I'm counting that they want me back, but we have to see how the cards are played.

There's no doubt that the rumors about the free agents the Spurs are after makes me even more enthusiastic, but all that is also multiplied because I've been living there for 14 years. I feel at home, I know the system, I identify it as mine, everybody knows how I feel about Pop. It's my priority and I would prefer not to play somewhere else, but I can't disregard the fact that they might have different options on the table too.

I'm enjoying this so much that I don't even think if this is going to be my last season or not. If I feel better this season than the previous one, why stop playing? I've been taking every season like the last one for a while now. When July 2017 comes around again, I'll sit down and think about it again.

... (the rest of the article is about the Argentina NT)

Original in Spanish:
    http://canchallena.lanacion.com.ar/1...eguir-adelante
    Thanks Nono.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu is like Jon Snow

YOU CANT PUT A GOOD MAN DOWN! hahahahahahahahaha
    Durant = Little finger @ the battle of the bas s

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu is the best

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks OP

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems like Manu is anticipating the possibility of leaving SA for big money. I don't blame him, but it would be sad for me as a SA fan that follow his whole career as a Spur.

TGY already doing the dirty work writing as "gorditofacheraso"

La Nacion needs MODs out there badly. It's sad that Manu put his time to write an article and you see some ridiculous comments, even a ing with a propaganda seriously.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems like Manu is anticipating the possibility of leaving SA for big money. I don't blame him, but it would be sad for me as a SA fan that follow his whole career as a Spur.

La Nacion needs MODs out there badly. It's sad that Manu put his time to write an article and you see some ridiculous comments, even a ing with a propaganda seriously.
    Those South American website commenters are terrible, makes Spurstalk look like a Naruto forum
    urunobili knows

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To quote the great legalos in lord of the rings, " you owe him your allegiance"
    Manu can stay as long as his wants. These new 14-18 year old kids don't remember that night against the Suns in 2005. Forgive them

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At a different time of my career, not winning the championship or losing a bit earlier than expected would have put the whole season in the disappointment column. Nowadays I experience these things in a different light.
    This is what bothers me about "older" Manu's at ude. I still like what he brings to the team but he clearly isn't the maniacal compe or he used to be. Being ok with last season is not ok. The Spurs need some Nasty and Hunger and will have to rely on it from other players unfortunately. Hopefully Aldridge and Leonard can bring it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im so ing tired of your takes and making everything about Leonard. You are a new era fan that is telling a ing legend that is going up in the rafters to GTFO. You are a classless moron. Every year that we can have Manu's leadership and compe ive spirit on our roster is a huge bonus for the whole team. You are a ing clown.
    Gotta use that ignore list. It'll hide a lot of the stuff on here

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is what bothers me about "older" Manu's at ude. I still like what he brings to the team but he clearly isn't the maniacal compe or he used to be. Being ok with last season is not ok. The Spurs need some Nasty and Hunger and will have to rely on it from other players unfortunately. Hopefully Aldridge and Leonard can bring it.
    I know he had it after 2013. I'm guessing 2014 changed his mindset lol. But maybe if Tim comes back and tells them it'll be his last run, that'll light some kind of fire under him and the team

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know he had it after 2013. I'm guessing 2014 changed his mindset lol. But maybe if Tim comes back and tells them it'll be his last run, that'll light some kind of fire under him and the team
    If Manu or anyone needs Tim to come back so they can get their fire lit, then there's a problem.

Hook 'em
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1 down, 1 more to go...

Hook 'em
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really hope he reconsiders how the team plays when leonard is on the floor otherwise he really needs to GTFO. I'm sick and tired of his BS "team play" that was so detrimental in the OKC Series and against the top teams in the Regular season...

That ball movement laizez faire offense shtick is dead...Specially when the personel are way too bad (specially the bench) to make it work.

I can it being the most effective way of attacking if Leonard is not on the floor and Manu is playing with TP and DG..Otherwise..Manu and the gang should GTFO of that BS.
    We don't need bandwagon Canucks around here. You should GTFO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu will always be my favorite spur! One more ride!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks Nono! If Manu pulls an Olajuwon on us I'm going to be sad:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought the same. What's more I think that at ude is maybe shared by others too. Some veterans grew complacent like Boris. Manu competes always when he is on the floor, but th burden is no longer on him. As long as he had a good regular season he is fine, that's not the mentality of a sixth man. We nee some real hungry guys TBH that are nit going to be satisfied with blending in and being ok. Maybe that's a younger guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really hope he reconsiders how the team plays when leonard is on the floor otherwise he really needs to GTFO. I'm sick and tired of his BS "team play" that was so detrimental in the OKC Series and against the top teams in the Regular season...

That ball movement laizez faire offense shtick is dead...Specially when the personel are way too bad (specially the bench) to make it work.

I can it being the most effective way of attacking if Leonard is not on the floor and Manu is playing with TP and DG..Otherwise..Manu and the gang should GTFO of that BS.
    Would you shut the up?

We lost the series because of our midrange game and ISO-ball. That includes Kawhi. He didn't step up. Again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu is going to be 39 this month. It is unrealistic to expect him to play in a maniacal manner. Although I wouldn't doubt that he wants to, he wouldn't last long without injuring himself. I'm sure Pop has told him to tone it down. Manu still takes charges at his age. I can't remember the last year that a certain pg took a charge.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Be tragic if he went to GS!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have had a lot of bench filler that never been nasty or hungry (ie: hi Matt), and only along for the ride. But there's still a role for all those guys, be it mentoring, exploiting a matchup, hitting a big shot, feeding the hot hand, etc. It's limited minutes now, and limited role. He seems to be fine with that, and he's a guy that can still bring some magic to the game in small doses here or there, so why not have him back?

It's the fans that needs to adjust to the fact that SuperManu is no longer with us, and he rests in the glory of our championship DVDs. It's about enjoying and celebrating he's still around. Hope Tim comes back for another ride too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

watch him go to dallas of big money

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    watch him go to dallas of big money
    That would be disgusting. I very much doubt it. Dallas will probably spend all their money on Barnes, Bogut and Dirk.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wouldn't mind if Manu goes to the Cavs, tbh..they desperately need a guy to create a little for 10 MPG when Lebron/Irving sit..

Too bad they have no $, though

Thread Information