Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Easier said then done….. but in the scenario like the one jock was in on the inbounds pass why not shoot it instead of the forced pass? Is that against the rules to to try and shoot it on an inbounds? I swear Ive seen that happen before on a lob pass
    That's not even slightly legal. The ball has to be established by a player in bounds first.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Offense looked sharp by scoring 99?
    Sure did. DJ is definitely their MVP.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Easier said then done….. but in the scenario like the one jock was in on the inbounds pass why not shoot it instead of the forced pass? Is that against the rules to to try and shoot it on an inbounds? I swear Ive seen that happen before on a lob pass
    Cant make the “shot” from an inbound... but you can dunk it in without it being a goaltend.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can't make a shot from OOB, and if you miss and it goes out without anyone touching it (a likely result from trying it in that cir stance) then it's a turnover. However, there's nothing against passes hitting the backboard and rim, so throwing it off the glass to provide a different angle could theoretically work provided you don't pull a Manu and accidentally can the shot. It's likely way too risky to actually try it, but it could work in some cir stances.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More I watch the more Keldon looks like Barkley
    Wish he played like him

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a shame how much Spurs fans hate on Bates-Diop. He's been so valuable for the team this year being the only guy with the size to actually cover fives on a switch and the perimeter savvy to guard wings. The Spurs' defense doesn't work without him to marry the smalls with the bigs.
    I don't hate KBD. For the salary, he's been good. But the reason he's been so valuable is because we don't have anyone else who's actually able to physically play as a 4 on the roster. This is a failure of roster construction that really needs to be addressed next year.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop finally found an assistant coach he could consistently beat

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still don't see why you can't play Young as a 4. He can shoot the 3 (if Pop allows it) and he's not actually as tall as you guys think.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs really deserved that win, and good that they did.

4th quarter was a cluster once again, great effort but a tad too many mistakes.

Glad to have Murray back

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still don't see why you can't play Young as a 4. He can shoot the 3 (if Pop allows it) and he's not actually as tall as you guys think.
    1) Footspeed, lack thereof.
    2) Pop has clearly frozen the guy after his public comments...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nice win by the Spurs in Murrays return game ... lets hope they just get all players back without losing more to Health and safety protocols

a bit too many minutes for Forbes though

near awake, semi-coherent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1) Footspeed, lack thereof.
    2) Pop has clearly frozen the guy after his public comments...
    1. He played a decent amount of 4 as recently as last year. I agree that his lateral movement has decreased though. He doesn't rim protect to play 5.

2. Not as sure about that, I think the Spurs just aren't as interested in trading him as in figuring out what they have in other players.
    3. The bubble and schedule from it helped Young as an older player with a mostly good mentality he didn't get the abuse from travel and duration the same way during that time frame. The sequestered nature also probably helped a bit.

Physical edge with rotation level players makes a huge difference. You especially see this with D. White. He's not a guy who in the NBA stands out with athletic ability, however a lot of his defensive pokes and tips are because of that and a good bit of his driving game is angles and body control.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because I rather see KBD at 4 than Thad who is just waiting to be moved

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasn't Jocks fault...every dumb couldn't get open

Had to take the gamble instead of getting violation
    Jock threw the absolute worst pass you could possibly throw in that situation. Literally any other choice than that pass was better. I blame Pop for putting the guy in to a degree, but lets not act like Jock was anything but stupid in what he did.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    None of you s really seem to want to call DJM Instagram baller anymore do you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    None of you s really seem to want to call DJM Instagram baller anymore do you.
    still baffles me, the number of ST posters who continue to downplay DJs game and/or value to the spurs. (actually, it doesn't baffle me, considering it's ST.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ! Almost pulled out that sweet L. Can't blame the old man for lack of trying though with his usual out of bounds play

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I recall there was a camp that wanted Udoka to take over for Pop and was angry at Pop for not retiring before Udoka left.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasn't Jocks fault...every dumb couldn't get open

Had to take the gamble instead of getting violation

It was Pop’s fault. Again. He did the same stupid crap against the Celtics last season, in the April game the Spurs lost in overtime. Remember the game where Rudy Gay ended up having to try a long lob pass to Walker, and it got intercepted? It was the identical problem.

Pop’s “special” play didn’t provide any of the players enough separation for a safe inbounds pass. That is squarely on the coach.

Pop can be an outstanding strategist, for a game overall, but as a tactician, for specific plays that he draws up on the fly, he’s dreadful. He has a strange knack for setting his team up to fail. We lucked out this time.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I recall there was a camp that wanted Udoka to take over for Pop and was angry at Pop for not retiring before Udoka left.
    What did you see in that game that suggested udoka is the issue? It seems to me that the Celtics have a roster that doesn’t fit very well together. Danny Ainge had a load of picks remaining after drafting Tatum and Brown and wasted them all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't get to see the game. Also, I was not saying one way the other whether Udoka is a good coach or not, just observing that there were a number of folks who wanted to push Pop out and bring him in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So what. The Boston roster is mediocre at best. Stevens couldn't do with these guys. No one could do better with those players.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didnt realize how bad BOS is. No wonder the pundits are increasingly talking about breaking up the Brown-Tatum pairing.

Thread Information