Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is anyone else embarrassed by the fan turnout for the Spurs? I moved my family to Chicago a little over 7 years ago because of work so I catch all of the games in league pass. They aren’t going to compete for a le this year and probably not for a few years to come but the team plays their asses off and their fun to watch. The legacy that has been built by this franchise and the fact that the Spurs are all San Antonio has should still translate to sellouts and excitement around the team. If San Antonio is waiting for the Spurs to become a serious le contender before showing up to the arena when that day comes they might not be in San Antonio any more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude, we spurs fans are spoiled..you know this

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is anyone else embarrassed by the fan turnout for the Spurs? I moved my family to Chicago a little over 7 years ago because of work so I catch all of the games in league pass. They aren’t going to compete for a le this year and probably not for a few years to come but the team plays their asses off and their fun to watch. The legacy that has been built by this franchise and the fact that the Spurs are all San Antonio has should still translate to sellouts and excitement around the team. If San Antonio is waiting for the Spurs to become a serious le contender before showing up to the arena when that day comes they might not be in San Antonio any more.
    fuk yo attendance clown

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah people are going to go jam pack an arena during a massive COVID wave to watch a lottery team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah people are going to go jam pack an arena during a massive COVID wave to watch a lottery team.

This, plus most of the empty seats you see in the lower bowl are corporate-owned meaning a lot of the time they go unused.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Popovich alienated half of the fan base with his liberal politics. What did you think would happen? Im actually suprised the attendance isnt even lower. I hope the Spurs move to another city...good riddance.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Popovich alienated half of the fan base with his liberal politics. What did you think would happen? Im actually suprised the attendance isnt even lower. I hope the Spurs move to another city...good riddance.
    LOL snowflake in meltdown

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL snowflake in meltdown

lmao...cant even come up with your own putdown, huh snowflake?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    half the fan base left when td retired, nobody is staying around for the popa tank commander

then u got the trash from GFC callifornia aka laker gots migrating to texas SA...fkn laker games at SA is like a home game for them

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why aren’t you flying back from Chicago for each game? Fair weather fan…

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have caught them a couple of times in Milwaukee since we’ve been here. The plan is to move back at some point. Hopefully their still there. I don’t buy the COVID argument. Other arenas are full. Only thing I can figure is some towns support their teams all the time. Some only support a winner.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Peter Holt, is that you again?

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spur fan base won't support a losing team anymore. They've been spoiled by past success. If too many losing seasons continue the Spurs will move out of town.
    St. Louis Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because there’s more important than going to the AT&T when the omicron is surging or is that a hoax?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even when The Big 3 and then Kawhi were here, always looked empty except obviously in the playoffs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s Called Covid/Omicron/Delta/China Virus and it’s surging right now Millions are coming down with it every DAY and soon we will surpass a million deaths in US.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You flat earthers are the worst kind of stupid.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was curious about this as well. We are doing very poorly for attendance bottom 3 or 4 in the league. http://www.espn.com/nba/attendance
    My gut is saying its Covid related because in pre covid times we were averaging 98% - 100%. Covid combined with losing has hurt the attendance, I don't really see any evidence that Pop's politics are keeping people from the games. He has been shooting his mouth for years now and it didn't affect the attendance any.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This. I canceled my season tickets when Popovich said Trump supporters are morons. As soon as he is gone I will be back. I was spending upwards of $20,000 a year between tickets, parking, refreshments. I can spend that money with companies that appreciate my biz instead of mocking me. For better or worse (mainly worse) Pop is now the face of the franchise. Before he wasn’t.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This. I canceled my season tickets when Popovich said Trump supporters are morons. As soon as he is gone I will be back. I was spending upwards of $20,000 a year between tickets, parking, refreshments. I can spend that money with companies that appreciate my biz instead of mocking me. For better or worse (mainly worse) Pop is now the face of the franchise. Before he wasn’t.
    I sit centre right and appreciate ppl voting with their wallet but Pop really rubbed you the wrong way that much?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope Pop leaves and the next coach is even more vocal. if they can find a trans Syrian refugee who frames all his answers through CRT while randomly citing Quran phrases to make their points, I'd be down for the lols if nothing else. Imagine letting some old dude chase you away from the things you love when you can just press the mute button instead. Just quivering, weak-sphinctered, subs, the lot of them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This, plus most of the empty seats you see in the lower bowl are corporate-owned meaning a lot of the time they go unused.
    exactly

most of the seats have been sold and you can get them on sites like seat geek or stub hub but the folks that resale still try to charge like we are a contender still.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They need to move the stadium tbh. It’s by literally nothing. There's a Valero and uhhhhh. Worst place for a stadium ever. It would take me an hour to get to the stadium due to traffic and s not worth it for that ty team. Imma support them here in Houston but man it’s sad to see. Tickets aren’t even expensive tbh

Im not even sure if it’s an Omnicron thing. We have so many people who do t wear masks or aren’t vaccinated and legit don’t give a . I think the team just isn’t watchable any more. We should move back to the Alamodome. Those days were dope. Hemisphere was too small otherwise I’d say that is the perfect place.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You’re a ty fan. Rather people like you just stay away altogether. If your ability to support our team resides that strongly on other peoples political opinions then you’re the problem not the guy who has the balls and courage to speak his mind.

Get the outta here pussy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I sit centre right and appreciate ppl voting with their wallet but Pop really rubbed you the wrong way that much?
    These people have the internal for ude of a 6 year old watching someone eat ice cream in front of them. They swear they’re against cancel culture and then immediately contradict themselves the moment someone exercises their freedom to an opinion that isn’t lock stock and inline with their absurd obsession of living their life predicated on an absolutist political opinion.

That guys a ing loser.

Thread Information