Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Giannis or Durant
    I would say not current Durant. The Celtics series has shown he has a lost a step which makes him easier to guard.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As I posted, Morant would be my pick easily,,,but I see alot of people picking the Greek Freak. I wouldnt,,,,as my 2nd pick it would be Embiid. I dont see anyone picking him and hes killin' it right now and starting to show how dominant he really is,,,and Tatum would be my 3rd in that order.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    jason tatum probably.

he's a few years younger than jokic & giannis. but those two also get consideration. as well as ja & luka.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    embiid up there too...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tatum or Greek

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scola

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He didn't really get slapped around by LA. They were able to contain him by using constant double teams of Dwight and AD. He was basically playing 1 on 2 against those guys. That was the last year where Dwight was still a very solid player. Despite that he still averaged 21-7-5 on 53 percent shooting. Not great numbers but still pretty modest. When you said the Nuggets wouldn't have fared better against the Suns with Murray and MPJ what do you mean by that? That they would have still gotten swept or lost in 5. If they have MPJ and Murray that series is at least going to six games. Jokic averaged 25-13-5 against the Suns in that series on 47 percent shooting. I wouldn't call that being slapped around considering he was also going up against a great defensive big Ayton. Right now he's been putting up god like numbers against the Warriors the last 2 games in averaging 37 points a game. Overall for the series he's averaging 31-11-5 on 55 percent shooting. That's definitely not getting slapped around.
    I meant if he had his two teammates during THIS series, I don’t think it would’ve changed the outcome of the series. Yeah he put up numbers, but actually watching the games, he had zero impact in the first two games. In fact, he stat padded in those two games playing in the 4th down 25. The 3rd game he pulled a Malone/Ewing where he came up small at the end of the game. The last game he was amazing though. I’m not saying he has to beat the Warriors, but if they lose again today by 25 and 3 of the losses came by 20+ points, that’s getting slapped around.

I’m not here saying he isn’t great. But he just doesn’t have the impact on winning in the playoffs that his peers seem to have. Especially as a player in his peak who has never suffered an injury. I find it weird. At some point it’s not just a team thing. It’s gotta fall on your main guy. It’s like Lillard. Everyone brings up well he made the WCF one year and then he was bounced early every other run. Well same with Jokic. He has one WCF and a bunch a whimpering out where he not only gets swept but blown out and swept or back door swept in blow outs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I meant if he had his two teammates during THIS series, I don’t think it would’ve changed the outcome of the series. Yeah he put up numbers, but actually watching the games, he had zero impact in the first two games. In fact, he stat padded in those two games playing in the 4th down 25. The 3rd game he pulled a Malone/Ewing where he came up small at the end of the game. The last game he was amazing though. I’m not saying he has to beat the Warriors, but if they lose again today by 25 and 3 of the losses came by 20+ points, that’s getting slapped around.

I’m not here saying he isn’t great. But he just doesn’t have the impact on winning in the playoffs that his peers seem to have. Especially as a player in his peak who has never suffered an injury. I find it weird. At some point it’s not just a team thing. It’s gotta fall on your main guy. It’s like Lillard. Everyone brings up well he made the WCF one year and then he was bounced early every other run. Well same with Jokic. He has one WCF and a bunch a whimpering out where he not only gets swept but blown out and swept or back door swept in blow outs.
    I think this series would have gone to 6 if the Nuggets had Murray and Porter. Curry, Klay, Poole, don't even have to break a sweat on defense since the Nuggets perimeter players are not offensive threats. When you don't have to work hard on defense it makes it much easier for you on offense since you have more energy to expand. It's fine if you want to discount the first two games say it's stat padding but what about game 3 and 4. Both of those games were very close so you can't discount those 2 games where Jokic averaged 37.

Did you honestly believe Jokic should win 2 games against this warriors team with his G-league talent? That type of take reminds me of media's silly takes about Tim Duncan back in '02 and keep in mind I'm not saying Jokic is as good as Duncan but I still remember '02's takes of Duncan losing to the Lakers as pretty silly simply because he couldn't win more than 1 games against them when anybody with a basketball mind knew he was grossly overmatched against them talent wise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Greek Freak

If he can carry Middleton, Holiday, and Forbes to a le.....imagine what he could do with us.

We lost a ton of close games because we had no real closer. Well, the Greek Freak is that closer. I believe all those 4th quarter leads we lost, we would have won with him on the court. I feel we easily win 20 more games this year with him, going from 34-48 to 54-28. In fact, I feel we end up either the 1 or 2 seed with him, that is how good he is, and how compe ive we actually were this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Joker really infuriates me as a player bc he’s such a damn good player that I can’t figure out why they suck so much with him on the playoffs.
    They're missing two major pieces, and teams game plan much more for the playoffs. My guess is, they'll let Joker get his and let no one else shoot 3s.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think this series would have gone to 6 if the Nuggets had Murray and Porter. Curry, Klay, Poole, don't even have to break a sweat on defense since the Nuggets perimeter players are not offensive threats. When you don't have to work hard on defense it makes it much easier for you on offense since you have more energy to expand. It's fine if you want to discount the first two games say it's stat padding but what about game 3 and 4. Both of those games were very close so you can't discount those 2 games where Jokic averaged 37.

Did you honestly believe Jokic should win 2 games against this warriors team with his G-league talent? That type of take reminds me of media's silly takes about Tim Duncan back in '02 and keep in mind I'm not saying Jokic is as good as Duncan but I still remember '02's takes of Duncan losing to the Lakers as pretty silly simply because he couldn't win more than 1 games against them when anybody with a basketball mind knew he was grossly overmatched against them talent wise.
    We were much more compe ive in that 2002 series than a 4-1 game count would indicate. We took a game in LA, and lost games by 2,6, and 6 points. The only non-compe ive game was 10 points. As I recall, Steve Smith was pissy because the Spurs wouldn't discuss an extension or a new contract, so he mailed it in. Spurs signed Manu and Jack, sat Smith, and basically flipped the script on them the next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Victor Wembanyama.

Doesn't have a current contract, but since this thread is fantasy, it doesn't matter. If the Spurs do what I hope and trade at least 2 of this year's 1st-round picks toward the '23 Draft, maybe they'll find a way to be back in the Lottery next year for a shot at him.

I hate watching this team lose, but if that guy becomes a Spur, the franchise will be chasing rings again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

There's 2 major differences here between Joker and Duncan. First is that I'm not saying that Joker has to win 2 games, he just can't get blown the out 7 out of his last 8 playoffs games. The Lakers series was at least compe ive from that standpoint.

And the second difference is that Shaq and Kobe are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa y better than Klay and Steph or Poole or whoever. That's TWO top 10 players of all time on the same team while the Warriors have like a top 20 guy and another guy who might barely be top 100. And a 3rd guy who is like 110th all time.

It shouldn't be too much of an ask to have Joker at least make his losses compe ive. Where if he's still playing the 4th quarter he is playing for a reason other than to stat pad. But The warriors aren't that good of a team where if Joker had his pieces he should have everyone believe they would still lose.

A better Spurs comparison is who do you have winning the finals. 2006 Spurs or 2006 Heat? I don't know the answer to that obviously bc it didn't happen, however if I said the Heat then a reasonable argument could be made just the same way a reasonable argument could be made for the Spurs. Either answer isn't really wrong bc they top guys are top guys who demand that type of respect. Nobod, outside of the Joker brothers, believe that even if both teams were fully healthy, Denver would win that series. And to me that's the difference between really good players and great players. Jokic is a really good player but when push comes to shove, nobody thinks of him as a great player

W

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He didn't really get slapped around by LA. They were able to contain him by using constant double teams of Dwight and AD. He was basically playing 1 on 2 against those guys. That was the last year where Dwight was still a very solid player. Despite that he still averaged 21-7-5 on 53 percent shooting. Not great numbers but still pretty modest. When you said the Nuggets wouldn't have fared better against the Suns with Murray and MPJ what do you mean by that? That they would have still gotten swept or lost in 5. If they have MPJ and Murray that series is at least going to six games. Jokic averaged 25-13-5 against the Suns in that series on 47 percent shooting. I wouldn't call that being slapped around considering he was also going up against a great defensive big Ayton. Right now he's been putting up god like numbers against the Warriors the last 2 games in averaging 37 points a game. Overall for the series he's averaging 31-11-5 on 55 percent shooting. That's definitely not getting slapped around.
    Real superstars dominate no matter what

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Giannis

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Duncan made his teammates better... No excuses... Joker has been playing with these guys for years and it seems like they get worse by the year

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tatum, Jokic, or Giannis.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim Duncan tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean greek freak is the easy answer for what this team needs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Durant. Easily.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jason Tatum or Anthony Edwards. Maybe Giannis. Jokic is great but sucks at D. Embiid is gonan die soon. Morant is amazing but I can't help but think he's on the Derrick Rose trajectory and will probably suffer bad injuries sooner rather than later.

Tatum is probably the best two way player in the league right now.
    That's such a lazy take, bro.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's 2 major differences here between Joker and Duncan. First is that I'm not saying that Joker has to win 2 games, he just can't get blown the out 7 out of his last 8 playoffs games. The Lakers series was at least compe ive from that standpoint.

And the second difference is that Shaq and Kobe are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa y better than Klay and Steph or Poole or whoever. That's TWO top 10 players of all time on the same team while the Warriors have like a top 20 guy and another guy who might barely be top 100. And a 3rd guy who is like 110th all time.

It shouldn't be too much of an ask to have Joker at least make his losses compe ive. Where if he's still playing the 4th quarter he is playing for a reason other than to stat pad. But The warriors aren't that good of a team where if Joker had his pieces he should have everyone believe they would still lose.

A better Spurs comparison is who do you have winning the finals. 2006 Spurs or 2006 Heat? I don't know the answer to that obviously bc it didn't happen, however if I said the Heat then a reasonable argument could be made just the same way a reasonable argument could be made for the Spurs. Either answer isn't really wrong bc they top guys are top guys who demand that type of respect. Nobod, outside of the Joker brothers, believe that even if both teams were fully healthy, Denver would win that series. And to me that's the difference between really good players and great players. Jokic is a really good player but when push comes to shove, nobody thinks of him as a great player

W
    1. The warriors are much more stacked team compared to the Nuggets. The players in the Nuggets starting line up would all be ranked number 6-10 after the Warriors starting 5 best players None of the starters on the Nuggets team would be starters outside of Aaron Gordon on other NBA rosters. It's a huge mismatch but you don't want to acknowledge it which is fine
    2. You are now moving the goal post to hypnotically argue Jokic is not great because he could not beat this Warriors team even if he have had Murray and MPJ. This is a stupid argument because it hasn't happened and it's based on how you feel. I would say they would have chance if they had both MPJ and Murray but we know until it happens.
    3.Jokic is a great player you are just a hater. It is what is. I'm not going to judge him until he has a full team because that's how I judge other guys by what they have and if it's possible to win with the talent they have around them.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ohh poor jokic cant win cause his teammates are bad. Yes, he also cant win when they are healthy. How can Dallas be this good and also having a meh roster?
    All i think is that if u re an mvp, probably 2 years in a row, you should be compe ive against any team.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Durant. Easily.

terrible, terrible take.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. The warriors are much more stacked team compared to the Nuggets. The players in the Nuggets starting line up would all be ranked number 6-10 after the Warriors starting 5 best players None of the starters on the Nuggets team would be starters outside of Aaron Gordon on other NBA rosters. It's a huge mismatch but you don't want to acknowledge it which is fine
    2. You are now moving the goal post to hypnotically argue Jokic is not great because he could not beat this Warriors team even if he have had Murray and MPJ. This is a stupid argument because it hasn't happened and it's based on how you feel. I would say they would have chance if they had both MPJ and Murray but we know until it happens.
    3.Jokic is a great player you are just a hater. It is what is. I'm not going to judge him until he has a full team because that's how I judge other guys by what they have and if it's possible to win with the talent they have around them.
    I don’t need to move the goalpost. The dude was swept last year. slapped the year before in the WCF. And hasn’t really elevated his team this year to a point besides first round fodder. A 6th seed should never have an MVP. Ever. When your resume is about to have back to back MVPs then I get to be a little more critical of you. Sorry.

I know the Warriors are a better team than the Nuggets. I’m not even saying he should beat the warriors. That’s something you made up. But he can’t just keep getting killed in these games. You can’t lose 3 games by 20+ points and tell me he’s a great player. Especially when he got blown out 3 games in the previous series he played too. This guy gets blown out ALOT. There’s no goal post movement there. If anything you’re then one who has to come up with excuses about it.

Jokic is not a great player. He’s a very good player. Giannis is a great player. KD was a great player before his injury. Lennon was a great player. Steph is a great player. Duncan was a great player. Jokic is a very good player. Jokic plays the game brilliantly on offense but he is a sieve on defense. And bc he’s a center he doesn’t know how to control the game like a point guard does and bc he can’t defend he can’t slow down the game either and turn it into a dog fight. Now Jokic is young and maybe he will turn into a Karl Malone who got slapped for most of his career but stayed the course, and eventually made the finals. His career isn’t over. But as of now he’s just a stat player. Like a better Westbrook. His team would be trash without him but they aren’t very good with him either.

Thread Information