Page 14 of 84 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice try, but Rivers has an impressive record of failing when he shouldn't. Yes, he's been in position to lose so many 3-1 series leads, which says something, but it literally takes one more win in each series. That's amazing. And the time he won a championship he had Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen, and Paul Pierce, plus a young Rajon Rondo. They were stacked. It somehow still took them seven games to get through each of the first two rounds, six games to get through the next two. In other words, they played the maximum number of games it can take to win a championship minus two.

Doc Rivers seems to be a nice guy. His players seem to like him. But the next in-game or series adjustment he makes will be his first.
    Rivers doesn't play. Did you even watch most of the these games to know the context and if you did, are you able to diagnose the adjustments? Or are are you just regurgitating drivel based on results?

Nobody wins without superior talent (the '04 Pistons were the only non current or former superstar team and got lucky that Malone was injured and O'Neal and Bryant were at wits end with each other). It's always about the personnel and the context.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People are talking a lot about Boston's sweep of the Nets, but at least those games were close contests. In the four wins, the Celtics outscored Brooklyn by a total of 18 points. Milwaukee, in four wins, outscored the Bulls by 60.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People are talking a lot about Boston's sweep of the Nets, but at least those games were close contests. In the four wins, the Celtics outscored Brooklyn by a total of 18 points. Milwaukee, in four wins, outscored the Bulls by 60.
    The Nets were a far superior team to this Bulls squad.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rivers doesn't play. Did you even watch most of the these games to know the context and if you did, are you able to diagnose the adjustments? Or are are you just regurgitating drivel based on results?

Nobody wins without superior talent (the '04 Pistons were the only non current or former superstar team and got lucky that Malone was injured and O'Neal and Bryant were at wits end with each other). It's always about the personnel and the context.
    Rivers’ next positive adjustment in a playoff series will be his first. The guy gets consistently outcoached. He blew 3-1 leads with stacked talent on his roster like Kawhi and Paul George and Chris Paul. He lost a 3-1 lead to Josh Smith (don’t pretend that harden had anything to do with that comeback).

Yeah, he didn’t play, but it’sa consistent theme throughout his career: blown 3-1, 3-2, and 2-0 leads.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rivers’ next positive adjustment in a playoff series will be his first. The guy gets consistently outcoached. He blew 3-1 leads with stacked talent on his roster like Kawhi and Paul George and Chris Paul. He lost a 3-1 lead to Josh Smith (don’t pretend that harden had anything to do with that comeback).

Yeah, he didn’t play, but it’sa consistent theme throughout his career: blown 3-1, 3-2, and 2-0 leads.
    Same question to you: Given the context of those defeats, what did you want him to do that was supposedly going to change the results?

Stop pretending these coaches can wave magic wands and getting caught up in agenda driven media narratives.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TD 21="Coaches don't matter"

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same question to you: Given the context of those defeats, what did you want him to do that was supposedly going to change the results?

Stop pretending these coaches can wave magic wands and getting caught up in agenda driven media narratives.
    completely ignoring the point

But I’ll play along, here’s one easy thing Rivers can do in the raptors series — he can have maxey/harden speed up the offense (get the ball across the half court quickly and then run their halfcourt offense). The sixers we’re doing that the first 3 games and completely reversed course the following two games. He won’t make any adjustments though because that’s not his thing and that’s why he constantly gets outcoached, even with a better roster

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TD 21="Coaches don't matter"
    Precisely.

You're doing what so many do and basing it off a combination of results without context and agenda driven media narratives.

completely ignoring the point

But I’ll play along, here’s one easy thing Rivers can do in the raptors series — he can have maxey/harden speed up the offense (get the ball across the half court quickly and then run their halfcourt offense). The sixers we’re doing that the first 3 games and completely reversed course the following two games. He won’t make any adjustments though because that’s not his thing and that’s why he constantly gets outcoached, even with a better roster
    Says the guy doing the same. I asked about the three 3-1 collapses.

He's already said he wants them to increase the pace. Them slowing down is not because he directed them to do so.

He has bigger names, but the roster are of similar caliber, with the Raptors matching up better. Their usual luck has also struck. Between Embiid's torn hand ligaments on his shooting hand (yes, Raptors are banged up, but not reliant on any one player the way 76ers are) and Harden no longer being able to target gimpy Van Vleet, they're going to labor offensively.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol Doc Rivers is trash and everyone knows it. TD21 sticking up for him because Massai is his DADDY.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At hipster, groupthink, Raptor fan boy.

Rivers is neither a genius nor "trash", he's largely irrelevant like every other coach. He's just old and black (bi-racial, but to ignorant white people), which is a double whammy to hipster stat geeks in the media.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At hipster, groupthink, Raptor fan boy.

Rivers is neither a genius nor "trash", he's largely irrelevant like every other coach. He's just old and black (bi-racial, but to ignorant white people), which is a double whammy to hipster stat geeks in the media.
    haha I’m Canadian/Trini. You are Canadian/Nigerian by way of your daddy!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    haha I’m Canadian/Trini. You are Canadian/Nigerian by way of your daddy!
    You're an attention seeking man child, desperate to be one of the cool kids. No wonder you're a Raptor fan boy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're an attention seeking man child, desperate to be one of the cool kids. No wonder you're a Raptor fan boy.
    I’ll admit I’m a man child if you admit Massai is DADDY. I have money on 76ers on the ML tonight though!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol Doc Rivers is trash and everyone knows it. TD21 sticking up for him because Massai is his DADDY.
    I don't understand his pet peeve there, but I don’t want to know. As its been said: no one gets between a man and obsession.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't understand his pet peeve there, but I don’t want to know. As its been said: no one gets between a man and obsession.
    Says the Anderson/Grizzlies fan girl.

This board is more obsessed with my dislike of the Raptors than my supposed obsession with them . . . as if I'm the one who brought them up here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s his “IT STILL HURTS!!!” moment.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ Running around playing holier than though.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Precisely.

You're doing what so many do and basing it off a combination of results without context and agenda driven media narratives.

Says the guy doing the same. I asked about the three 3-1 collapses.

He's already said he wants them to increase the pace. Them slowing down is not because he directed them to do so.

He has bigger names, but the roster are of similar caliber, with the Raptors matching up better. Their usual luck has also struck. Between Embiid's torn hand ligaments on his shooting hand (yes, Raptors are banged up, but not reliant on any one player the way 76ers are) and Harden no longer being able to target gimpy Van Vleet, they're going to labor offensively.
    We’re is me. How much advantage does Rivers need? He already got two games without Barnes, Van Vleet is out. Toronto has Siakam and a bunch of role players. The sixers easily have better talent even factoring in embiid’s hurt hand

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Harden is a fat DDR.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am watching Phx/Pelicans. Chris Paul is so dirty man. I hate his game, how dirty he is, how many flops, the body checks on others. He's a talented player but its easy to hate him and difficult to like him at all unless he plays for your team I guess.

I am saying it now, if the western conference final is GSW vs Phoenix, Id rather GSW wins than Phoenix, that is how much I dislike CP3.
    BTW I really dig Alvarado as well for the Pelicans, Herb Jones and Murphy 3. Ingram has grown as a player. It's easy to like them, plus the underdog factor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nance Jr playing really well NOLA, reminds me a lot of Brandon Clarke, undersized but so good at what they do, and they do all the hustle plays. Id really like a guy like that for the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How long can PointGod go before the hammy blows?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Philadelphia is beating Toronto badly, but not because of Doc Rivers, because coaches don't matter.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too bad Zion is such a got, any NBA star should be thrilled to come back to a team like these Pelicans.

Thread Information