Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ Kobe was a perfect immitation of MJ. But I guess that’s more of an exception. I don’t see any other player who fathomed their game with only one player. It’s normally a combination of several.
    Nope. He wanted desperately to be MJ, but the best I can do is ‘cheap knock-off’. He copied moves, but was a far less efficient player. MJ’s career FG% is .497. Kobe’s is ..447. The saddest facet of Kobe’s life wasn’t that he died young in that helicopter crash,it’s that he never became his own player, spending his career chasing the spectre of MJ.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    who peed in Ex’s cheerios this morning

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The saddest facet of Kobe’s life wasn’t that he died young in that helicopter crash,it’s that he never became his own player, spending his career chasing the spectre of MJ.
    BS...the saddest facet of his life was that he died in that helicopter crash with his daughter.... I love basketball but some of you elevate a damn game over real life and it's just dumb...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BS...the saddest facet of his life was that he died in that helicopter crash with his daughter.... I love basketball but some of you elevate a damn game over real life and it's just dumb...
    You need to read Three Ring Circus to find out how sad his ing life was for a couple of decades before he set foot on that helicopter.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You need to read Three Ring Circus to find out how sad his ing life was for a couple of decades before he set foot on that helicopter.
    You equated the life of a wealthy 5 time nba champion as being sadder than his death and the death of his child ...that's all any rational person needs to read...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You equated the life of a wealthy 5 time nba champion as being sadder than his death and the death of his child ...that's all any rational person needs to read...
    A) I said nothing about his child at all.
    B) Read the book. Money isn't everything. Fame isn't everything. He was basically a messed up, obsessed person without a ing friend in the world. Not one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    B) Read the book. Money isn't everything. Fame isn't everything. He was basically a messed up, obsessed person without a ing friend in the world. Not one.
    I haven’t read the book but in retirement Kobe appeared to be growing as a person.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who died in the helicopter crash you mentioned? Don't play dumb because you said something stupid (it happens to us all everyonce in a while)...own that and move on...or don't...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who died in the helicopter crash you mentioned? Don't play dumb because you said something stupid (it happens to us all everyonce in a while)...own that and move on...or don't...
    STFU. I never mentioned the kid. I was only talking about Kobe and his sad, pathetic ing life. You look really stupid trying to say that I said something I didn't. Own THAT, beyotch.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    STFU. I never mentioned the kid. I was only talking about Kobe and his sad, pathetic ing life. You look really stupid trying to say that I said something I didn't. Own THAT, beyotch.
    you you little austic ... you said the saddest facet of his life was that he never became his own player...your words dip ... you don't take ownership of your words about anything...you hid behind the Sporttrac numbers you used yesterday with KingKev and Chinook and didn't own it when you were patently proven wrong and you're doing it again now...

You're weak and ing pathetic....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you you little austic ... you said the saddest facet of his life was that he never became his own player...your words dip ... you don't take ownership of your words about anything...you hid behind the Sporttrac numbers you used yesterday with KingKev and Chinook and didn't own it when you were patently proven wrong and you're doing it again now...

You're weak and ing pathetic....
    You're an idiot who has zero reading comprehension, and doesn't read for context, which makes you an idiot. You're the one who brought his daughter into this discussion, not me, which makes you a liar.

You're dismissed, wit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some of you guys are sick, tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're an idiot who has zero reading comprehension, and doesn't read for context, which makes you an idiot. You're the one who brought his daughter into this discussion, not me, which makes you a liar.

You're dismissed, wit.
    You're quote "The saddest facet of Kobe’s life wasn’t that he died young in that helicopter crash,it’s that he never became his own player, spending his career chasing the spectre of MJ."

Reading comprehension isn't the problem.... now back to your sad existence ...
    Last edited by mo7888; 05-12-2022 at 03:58 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You're dismissed, wit.
    Reading comprehension from the guy who posts links supporting the argument of the person he is debating….

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never seen mo7888 lose his cool. Wheres my popcorn

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah ex is being dumb. So he never became Jordan? That’s the saddest part of his life? That isn’t very sad. He became the most beloved man in LA. He became amazing friends with Michael. He played 20 years of ball and won 5 rings, 2 FMVPs, an MVP and 12 all defense and like 15 all nba. But bc his field goal percentage was low, it’s a reminder that he never became Mike?

Kobe was his own man at the end of his career. Doesn’t matter what book you read about him. He grew out of it, started a very successful company, won an Oscar, had more money than any other basketball peer of his, and had an amazing wife and children that he was totally involved in their life

Kobe’s saddest moment wasn’t he never became Mike. That’s just the most re ed statement I’ve even heard. It was when the helicopter was about to crash and he realize his daughter was in danger. Or the first time one of his kids got sick or hurt. Maybe his wife was in pain about something either caused by him (like Colorado) or just something else she was going through like a miscarriage. Shallow sadness is your job. True sadness is your loved ones in pain or passing away.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So yeah, about that Jaden Ivey…

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seemed justified.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry I even mentioned Kobe.

Hey, but 4 more days to the draft! es

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry I even mentioned Kobe.

Hey, but 4 more days to the draft! es
    Gimme Ivey!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ Mike Schmitz has never seen a prospect he didn’t like.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KJ and #9 for Ivey or whoever is left between Holmgren or Banchero? I’d really miss KJ but this is a no brainer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KJ and #9 for Ivey or whoever is left between Holmgren or Banchero? I’d really miss KJ but this is a no brainer.
    All day long.

Thread Information