Page 42 of 101 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 2513
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, you don't? Where're you from? I'm always curious about international ST'ers... In my mind, I'm the lone stranger in an otherwise Texan-filled online BBQ tbh
    Germany

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good moves considering the free agent class is pretty shallow.

JC is not that good. It's just he is the best out there. Young and aminu are pieces that can be easily moved. Maybe even for picks. And if not moved, the roll off next year and we have cap space again to see who else is available next year. Maybe a better free agent class comes out.

Depends on how we perform. Maybe we get a top 10 pick next year. That will speed up the process

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ST: oh no let’s analyze DJ’s emoji response to Lonnie!!! Why didn’t he react the same way like he did to Keldon? Lonnie = gone???

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They’re not stupid. They know how much Demar patty and gay held them back

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They’re not stupid. They know how much Demar patty and gay held them back

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who on this roster can get 25 points when we need it?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who on this roster can get 25 points when we need it?
    Spurs are tanking, they don't need anyone to get 25 points for that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shams Charania ShamsCharania

After hitting a game-winner to win The Basketball Tournament $1M prize, guard Keifer Sykes has agreed to a deal with the Indiana Pacers, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium.
    10:06pm · 3 Aug 2021 · TweetDeck

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ST: oh no let’s analyze DJ’s emoji response to Lonnie!!! Why didn’t he react the same way like he did to Keldon? Lonnie = gone???
    4 repeat emojis don’t worry me. Now anything over 5 then there’s some drama that needs to be analyzed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    4 repeat emojis don’t worry me. Now anything over 5 then there’s some drama that needs to be analyzed.
    What if it's 5 exactly?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First they love you then they hate you then they love you again. 100%

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't believe Lakers got Monk for the minimum, why didn't the Spurs even try to go after him?
    why didn't we go after Batum? THT? DHoward? Etc. Etc. Etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Context is everything was this after the Bulls traded for Derozan?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The #1 pick?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Teams can start talking to free agents at 5PM CT today. That's when agreements will be announced in the media. Signing won't become officially official until Friday but announcement today can be trusted with 99.9% confidence (*glances at Marcus Morris*).

Eight steps to a successful offseason for the San Antonio Spurs: https://www.spurstalk.com/san-antoni...l-eight-steps/

The Spurs have ~$50 million in cap space they can use on free agents, trades or re-sign DeMar DeRozan, Patty Mills, Rudy Gay or Gorgui Dieng.

Possible free agents the Spurs could be interested in, listed in order of estimated most expensive to estimated least expensive:

John Collins
    Jarrett Allen
    Spencer Dinwiddie
    Gary Trent Jr.
    Evan Fournier
    Duncan Robinson
    Kelly Oubre Jr.
    Talen Horton-Tucker
    Lauri Markkanen
    Kelly Olynyk
    Danny Green
    Alec Burks
    Daniel Theis
    Georges Niang
    Bryn Forbes
    "Don't make a face or else it may get stuck like that" = confirmed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Offseason went from slightly positive to completely negative out of nowhere.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bryn.
    Forbes.

Lol. Is he really going to take playing time away from other guys? Or is it a blatant tank attempt? If the latter, I’m fine with it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s all good - I definitely do want to discuss it in earnest. I dont troll. I may be witty, but it’s not trolling. I don’t think I look at it in the worst possible light at all. I for years though a have been beating a drum and been very clear on the path(s) I thought SA should take. I’ve explained my logic and all possible caveats.

When it doesn’t happen, it’s not me seeking out a way of being negative; it’s me having clear ideas and things not happening that way. Beyond that, I feel like I also admit the good aspects too and I dont think many would argue even what you call seeking out negatives as illogical or unreasonable given said context over the years leading up to this pivotal moment.

Again, context is needed. When I saw obvious, of course I am not talking about the FO . Nothing is obvious to them. I mean to most people with a brain outside of the FO and around the league. Secondly, I absolutely was on the trade DDR/Rudy/Mills train for something - but it was not just for the sake of it or for anything. I advocated for this 2 years ago when they actually had more value. I wanted SA to get to this spot quicker, have more years to decide on the youth and to get as much draft capital to make moves with.

So now that they waited until the last second, nuked their values? Yeah I am going to nitpick because the situation changed and getting something for them now vs 2 years ago now comes at the expense of cap space. Huge difference and key context.

Again context matters. I never said “only youth under 25” or that McBuckets doesn’t help the youth. Never. I said it’s conflicting strategies. It’s crystal clear SA prioritized youth and cap flexibility next year (not signing Collins or Lauri or anyone to a huge multi year deal). They did a S&T with strictly expiring contracts. So again, does Doug at 29 fit the timeline of growing with the youth? No. Does he fit the strategy of maximizing cap space next year? No. That’s conflicting and I dont see how that is debatable.

You may want to debate if he is WORTH conflicting the strategy for (he isn’t), but there is no debating it shows a lack of cohesive plan IMO. I would even be fine with Doug at 25M a year….if it was one year. AT least that makes sense with their other moves. As of now, rushing to sign Doug who is older and sucks on defense and punting cap space for that? Yeah, makes no sense with with the subsequent moves they made. Thats not being negative that is truth.

You can use words like apocalyptic posts and that’s all fun but it’s not reality. Re-read my posts…I have routinely said, they avoided any costly mistakes. That they at least avoided big landmines. That is not apocalyptic at all. That’s reasonable and also true. That doesnt change the other critics though and all the meat they continue to leave on the bone. We dont know all the deals; you’re right. But we know its’ a results business and they failed to trade any vets when they had value, missed the playoffs, ran back the same team, missed playoffs again then had 50M in cap space and a lottery pick.

I am sorry, but that isn’t good enough job no matter what; even if they did “ok”.

Agree - Ive said freeing the youth was the way for years now and great, the finally did it. All good there and no beef. Although they did add back 3 vets, 2 of which can’t shoot.

But the cap space stuff? yeah, that’s where it gets debatable. Sounds great to say “30M still!” But in reality if that was their plan to maximize space they failed. They should have 50M next year and now put themselves in a corner IF they need it to have to dump Collins and Doug? Why? Why paint yourself into that corner for no good reason…sign one year deal guys, your are losing anyways, and dont risk 22M in cap space for trades/free agents for the likes of Collins and Doug. It makes no sense no matter how you look at it and again, thats no being negative; it’s truth.

Context: They speed up the rebuild in your mind because DDR/Mills/Rudy are gone, but they were all FA. SA didn’t have to do anything for them to go. When I say “speed up rebuild” I am talking about having 50M in cap space + a lottery pick. Did they use that treasure trove of assets to speed up their rebuild and give them selves a brighter future?

There is no way in you can say, IMO respectfully, that this is a resounding success. That is an absolutely ludicrous position to take. It’s like 100x the inverse of you calling me negative .

They did ok. They did bare min. They also squandered an amazing opportunity to really do more for the franchise here even if it didn’t set them back too much either.
    Sugus no response? And they signed Forbes

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    at this rate i would rather we trade for ben simmons hahah

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie getting traded? We can't have 2 of the worst guard defenders in the NBA right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is this I don't even

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Offseason went from slightly positive to completely negative out of nowhere.
    Only hope is they become bad enough that they have no choice but to tank. At this point though I don’t even trust them to do good with a high lottery pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only hope is they become bad enough that they have no choice but to tank. At this point though I don’t even trust them to do good with a high lottery pick.
    They'll take a second round talent with the top overall pick that had the potential to be a lottery pick two years down the line.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sugus where you at? I‘m curious how you gonna spin this one

Thread Information