Page 51 of 101 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 2513
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They are saying on NBA tv that Pop is calling it a retool and they are not rebuilding.
    Um Pop...who exactly are we retooling around? Old man Probably still think Timmy is still on the team lol
    „Bryn. We got our Steph Curry“

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Feels like the same tool.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I absolutely want to get back to you on that, but writing that original post was tiresome enough. I limit myself to one essay a day, for Spurstalk's sake

But my answer will not be really changed, tbh. Signing Forbes, while a move I loathe, is absolutely something that gets the Spurs closer to the bottom of the NBA, so in terms of "picking a direction", it could hardly be any more clear, TBQH.

You ever heard of the monkey's paw? You wanted direction...
    Ridiculously great reference to the Monkey's Paw.

But seriously. I have very little doubt that Forbes' team contribution on the floor is going to be significantly less than his last stint here.
    Barring injuries.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chinook maybe you could help me out... i'm not seeing anything that indicates Jeffries is under contract. from what i've seen his deal didnt go beyond the 2020 season, and spurs just have his summer league rights by virtue of having claimed him off waivers, but i'm not seeing that he's taking up a roster spot anywhere

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chinook maybe you could help me out... i'm not seeing anything that indicates Jeffries is under contract. from what i've seen his deal didnt go beyond the 2020 season, and spurs just have his summer league rights by virtue of having claimed him off waivers, but i'm not seeing that he's taking up a roster spot anywhere
    So to answer your direct question, I was mistaken. Deeks has Jeffries as a team option. Apparently on 08/01, the Spurs decided to pick up the option - - rather, they didn't decide to pick it up, which defaults to it expiring. Then they didn't extend a QO. As far as I know, that wasn't tweeted out or anything. It was just on the NBA.com site.

Anyway, as far as I know, there aren't SL rights like in the d-league anyone could've signed Jeffries. SA is probably eyeing him as a two-way contract, which is why they have him along.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So to answer your direct question, I was mistaken. Deeks has Jeffries as a team option. Apparently on 08/01, the Spurs decided to pick up the option - - rather, they didn't decide to pick it up, which defaults to it expiring. Then they didn't extend a QO. As far as I know, that wasn't tweeted out or anything. It was just on the NBA.com site.

Anyway, as far as I know, there aren't SL rights like in the d-league anyone could've signed Jeffries. SA is probably eyeing him as a two-way contract, which is why they have him along.
    thanks for clarification... so right now the spurs are at 19 assuming wieskamp gets a deal (and KBD's qo isn't rescinded)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do we think the Spurs see Hutchinson as an asset? Otherwise 4M for a second?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know you’re joking but he did compare him to Curry before.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think they'll waive him before camp. He's not two-way eligible, but the team would have RFA rights on him if they keep him. Never know if that'll matter. I don't think they see him as an asset, but he's a flier they probably want to fully check out before burning him. I'd say he's more likely to stay on than Eubanks at this point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that’s exactly why I said that

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Based on his Bulls history, he seems like a headcase. Doesn't seem to fit with the "character over everything else" direction the front office has taken

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who starts at the 4? Young or McDermott?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i imagine it would be Young as currently constructed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Johnson. Mcdermott at the 3. Young plays small ball 5 or pairs up with The big Aussie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Michael Scotto
    MikeAScotto
    32s
    The Oklahoma City Thunder have rescinded the qualifying offer on Svi Mykhailiuk, league sources told @hoopshype. Mykhailiuk is now an unrestricted free agent on the market. twitter.com/MikeAScotto/st…

Michael Scotto
    MikeAScotto

The Oklahoma City Thunder have tendered a qualifying offer to Svi Mykhailiuk, a league source told @hoopshype. Mykhailiuk will enter the market as a restricted free agent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thaddeus has only spot started the last two season so probably dougie or kj,tbh
    Last edited by slick'81; 08-04-2021 at 09:51 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think this will most likely be the rotation next season imo…
    Jakob/Jock
    KJ/Thad
    Doug/Devin
    White/Bryn
    DJ/Lonnie

With Luka and Drew getting some Time too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Start Luka and see what we have, sheesh. Such a job of coaching and developing him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One is winning championships and the other is fishing in Idaho.

Now I knew people would go insane with this news on ST, but he won't be in the starting lineup and will be a spot-up shooter, as he should.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who starts comes down to 3-point shooting. Keldon and DJ have hopefully worked on that. Everybody in the starting line up except Poeltl will need to be able to knock it down. Since Young shot a low percentage recently I‘d expect it to look like this:

Murray/Forbes
    White/Walker
    Keldon/Vassell
    McDermott/Young
    Poeltl/Landale

Of course I‘d rather start Samanic and let Forbes rot on the bench, but we all know the old man won’t do that. Landale will surprise a lot of people

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Based on his Bulls history, he seems like a headcase. Doesn't seem to fit with the "character over everything else" direction the front office has taken
    Neither does that scrub they dug out from under a rock in the Outback that talks alot of .

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Starting lineup projections might be premature. There is a good chance Young and Aminu are moved before camp starts. Although, that only means ya'll have an excuse to run this exercise again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We obviously had an aggressive gameplan in free agency. We made moves early on, we got a little younger, and we focused on 3 point shooting. Honestly they kind of did what they said they were going to do. 3 point shooting (Primo/Joe/McBuckets/Forbes) + bigs (Aussie/the wrong Collins/Thad Young kinda). And I even appreciate that we brought in Chandler Hutchinson for what it's worth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka has got to be gone. They just made him compete for 3rd string. Truly stunningly bereft FO moves

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Starting lineup projections might be premature. There is a good chance Young and Aminu are moved before camp starts. Although, that only means ya'll have an excuse to run this exercise again.
    well now that we got Hutchinson...

Young, Aminu and Hutchinson for Wiggins would work. Dubs could waive Hutchinson and Aminu to get some cap relief and Young would fit well on their team. With how bad their bench is they could even use Aminu. I‘m not sure how much they value Wiggins now that they got Klay back, but salary wise it would work.

Thread Information