Page 28 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if SA basically allowed Forbes to use SA as leverage without a real signing ever being the intention? Far fetched but maybe they did him a solid and let him float it with a back up plan of only a small guarantee where he has to beat out Tre in camp to not be waived if another team doesn’t bite?
    Bruh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol I already said that was more of a hope than a real thought

But most importantly hopefully it’s a deal that ends up him having to compete and beat Tre in camp (and Lonnie + Vassell too) or get cut with minimal damage next year cap wise.
    Last edited by DPG21920; 08-18-2021 at 01:37 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Ayers is signed, will they be the clap brothers?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hopefully he can sign on with Klutch and reneg tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It just makes no sense why he will be signed. Huge logjam already, he’s not young and somewhat of a general roster crunch. That’s why I’m thinking his deal is minimal guarantee so he can be waived or there’s a trade coming.

Because if you know you want to see guys in camp before waiving then why would you pre commit money to Bryn when there’s a real chance others show better? Now you just threw money away at that point.

Signing Bryn to a legit deal (meaning beyond 1 year) means you view him as a lock which means trade or for sure not caring about camp as much because you know who you will waive going in

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes is coming off of a season where he was fourth among qualifiers at 45.2% from 3 and has now shot 41.2% over five seasons.

Like it or not, he's an NBA player and won't be competing to make the team. He should be in a fringe rotation role, but that's not happening either. Unless Walker IV makes a quantum leap, he's the likely sixth man.

Barring a trade, I wonder if Samanic will have to compete to make the team.

There are rumors that they are still trying to trade Thad, that has to be resolved first. Then Landale and/or KBD to sign to get over the cap. Bryn is the last once they got access to the room exception.
    Not shooting the messanger, but source?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes is coming off of a season where he was fourth among qualifiers at 45.2% from 3 and has now shot 41.2% over five seasons.

Like it or not, he's an NBA player and won't be competing to make the team. He should be in a fringe rotation role, but that's not happening either. Unless Walker IV makes a quantum leap, he's the likely sixth man.

Not shooting the messanger, but source?
    Samanic is guaranteed next year. When there is a rookie scale contract option, it must be picked up before the PREVIOUS season, so his year 3 option was picked up before last year. He’s not competing to make the team.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Samanic is guaranteed next year. When there is a rookie scale contract option, it must be picked up before the PREVIOUS season, so his year 3 option was picked up before last year. He’s not competing to make the team.
    I know, but things changed roster wise and both his not appearing at Summer League and Johnson not really having a concrete answer as to why was awkward.

I expect him to be on the team, I just wonder if it's not the stone cold lock presumed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, you're confident that the Spurs will eat $4 Million for Hutch (yeah, I didn't forget about the team's Twitter) and may believe they'd eat $10 Million for AFA. I don't see why Luka's guarantee is that big of an impediment. Certainly, the Spurs owe it to themselves to not just reserve a spot for Samanic ahead of camp. He hasn't been given a fair shake, but like Walker, it's getting to the point where that might not protect him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know, but things changed roster wise and both his not appearing at Summer League and Johnson not really having a concrete answer as to why was awkward.

I expect him to be on the team, I just wonder if it's not the stone cold lock presumed.
    They’re not going to eat almost $3M when there is low hanging fruit like Eubanks or DaQuan.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They’re not going to eat almost $3M when there is low hanging fruit like Eubanks or DaQuan.
    The difference is, barring a trade Eubanks is in line to at least start the season in the rotation until Collins is healthy and they get a sense of whether Landale is an NBA player.

Jeffries had his QO rescinded a while back.

Meanwhile, Samanic is slated to not only be out of the rotation, but beat out far better compeition (Johnson, McDermott, Young, Vassell, possibly Aminu) to earn a spot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This is exactly my impression but I know fans don't want to hear it. The Team has added a few Project bigs, and McD who will take minutes at forward. Luka also competes with Keldon for minutes, who plays the 4. I think they could still find him time when there are injuries and such. He's starting to be fixed to that CoJo role as someone who gets beat to the regular role by others, but his situation is precarious if he doesn't show something new in training camp, like a jump shot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

They could be also be looking at trades for him.

Edit: and I’ll hedge because they owe it to themselves to see what they really have in him with a more regular opportunity. It's possible his game doesn't translate from what he was doing in the Gleague, specifically offensively, but they would not be able to know that for sure without giving him a real chance. IMO, he should have played summer league. He needs as many reps as he can manage against good compe ion to prove himself. But he obviously has to earn his role like everyone else has.
    Last edited by SAGirl; 08-19-2021 at 10:21 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fvck!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This dudes like herpes.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    god noone disputes that forbes is a great 3 point shooter but he can't do ANYTHING else.

it's like someone spending all their dynasty points on his 3pt accuracy and having nothing left over

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Start an apology thread for this guy

https://fb.watch/7v24_kSNBa/

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

steph curry

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Well hats off to him, he clearly is training hard. This team is so mediocre/talentless, despite the
    logjam at he 2 he might have a regular role off the bench if he continues to check all the boxes in terms of Spurs culture.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bryn’s an elite shooter and his desire to get better year after year is admirable. I just wish he wouldn’t be relentlessly hunted on the other end of the floor, thereby giving up the good he might do on the offensive end.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Might not mean anything but Bobby Marks has Forbes as a free agent in 2023. That points to a two-year contract with no team or player option after the first season. So, yeah, Forbes probably got a two-year, ~$10 million deal.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ists-2022-2023

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The more I think about this, this feels like a “proof of concept” thing. Like Drew, this is a player the Spurs plucked out of the undrafted scraps & spent significant time and treasure developing. There is value to the long term success of their feeder system to show others — like a Weiskamf — that their is a real path forward (not just pla udes about hard work) to being a real player in the league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The more I think about this, this feels like a “proof of concept” thing. Like Drew, this is a player the Spurs plucked out of the undrafted scraps & spent significant time and treasure developing. There is value to the long term success of their feeder system to show others — like a Weiskamf — that their is a real path forward (not just pla udes about hard work) to being a real player in the league.
    This is a nice concept and all, but surely having "developed" Forbes already and having him win a championship as a role-player would be proof enough of this concept? What's the need to bring him back? Not like players nowadays aren't aware of what the rest of the players in the league are doing...

Though I'm sure Wieskamp will appreciate getting to learn the ropes on what a Pop's Pet is, and see how lucrative it can be to stay licking Pop's boots in SanAn

Thread Information