Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, it seems like the whole media wants him to join the Spurs. Hope he listens.
    Everyone is tired of the ing Warriors, and see this as the most capable potential Finals ready super team to knock them off. You just KNOW that CP3 will be hobbling again come playoff time, which leaves LBJ plus bin Harden to take on that juggernaut, minus Capella and Ariza, who will have to go to get James. I think teams may actually help take salary off our hands to see those ers go down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    cutewizard thanks for cataloging the vids

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he will be in lakers. wants good school for his sons not SA schools that force kids to learn in mexican
    Yes, because there are hardly any Mexicans in LA.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's 33. He's been to more Finals than Pop, but has LOST more times than Pop has won, 3-6 vs. 5-1. His legacy is pretty much set, and maybe he just wants to enjoy the last third of his career. I'm not saying he's coming, but the odds are better now that he's lost AGAIN. I'm sure he and Pop would sit down and have a long talk about all of these issues, and if LeBron can just let things be.
    But we dunno if LeBron is going to actually take meetings..and getting one imo will be the Spurs hardest hurdle...just like it was last year with Paul.

He’s not a “free agent”. And him being that is 2 weeks away..so unless he reaches out to other teams their hands are tied. But he could be talking with Paul George, CP3 etc to possibly manipulate a move.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, how does it work when you technically not a free agent. How does teams get meetings with him without tampering?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In for the answer to this.

cutewizard get your ass in here
    At the 4:40 mark he says "San Antonio always *something I can't understand* pretty well, huh?"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, how does it work when you technically not a free agent. How does teams get meetings with him without tampering?
    Your meeting is in July. You call just after midnight on the 1st, and set something up. There's a period of like 5-6 days where the league is "closing the books" on this season, and finalizing the official cap number for next season. After that is over, the FA period opens, and players can sign.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your meeting is in July. You call just after midnight on the 1st, and set something up. There's a period of like 5-6 days where the league is "closing the books" on this season, and finalizing the official cap number for next season. After that is over, the FA period opens, and players can sign.
    yes, however Lebron is not a free agent. He has opt out clause. So technically, until he opts out, he is not a free agent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At the 4:40 mark he says "San Antonio always *something I can't understand* pretty well, huh?"
    It sounds like he's saying "San Antonio always plays pretty well at home." Pretty true statement.

He also said "Tony, pass the ball!"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This yahoo article today has the headline lebron doesn’t like Houston as a city, if he doesn’t like that city he prolly won’t love SA

https://www.yahoo.com/amphtml/sports...mpression=true

And that according to wade, lifestyle is james’ main interest, la in the lead again

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This yahoo article today has the headline lebron doesn’t like Houston as a city, if he doesn’t like that city he prolly won’t love SA

And that according to wade, lifestyle is james’ main interest, la in the lead again
    But he likes Cleveland?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, because there are hardly any Mexicans in LA.
    I don’t think lebron has an issue with mexicans quite the way supercam does.

Now watch a report come out that lebron tried to get Jose Calderon deported

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Houston isn't like SA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But he likes Cleveland?
    Maybe, isn’t it known his wife loves Akron

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^^^no kidding

but how much does all of that REALLY matter? Dude can go wherever he wants whenever he wants. Probably his way of saying he doesn't want to play for D'Antoni

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe, isn’t it known his wife loves Akron
    Yes, and apparently she was not too thrilled when they moved to South Beach.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Not that hard to believe. Houston sucks a bag of s.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Question.

If the LBJ to the Lakers rumors are true, why wouldn't LBJ make it abundantly clear right now that he wants to play with the Lakers? He would not need to go through the circus like last time by meeting with different teams and he can assist in facilitating a trade that benefits both teams and allow more time for the Lakers to make moves. If no trade, he could just sign after free agency begins.

The only things that I can think of is the landscape of the NBA changing between now and then and his ego. However, even if the landscape changes, he could still sign with nearly any team he wants.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Question.

If the LBJ to the Lakers rumors are true, why wouldn't LBJ make it abundantly clear right now that he wants to play with the Lakers? He would not need to go through the circus like last time by meeting with different teams and he can assist in facilitating a trade that benefits both teams and allow more time for the Lakers to make moves. If no trade, he could just sign after free agency begins.

The only things that I can think of is the landscape of the NBA changing between now and then and his ego. However, even if the landscape changes, he could still sign with nearly any team he wants.
    If he chooses now there will be less money than if teams fight to sign him till the last minute ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Question.

He’s probably not sure, just leaning towards certain team(s). And maybe horrible or good pitches from teams will help him be sure. Plus he probably loves drama cause why even meet with gsw

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Question.

Because he ain’t going solo....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

How do you even draw the conclusion that Houston and San Antonio are the same? Or even similar? It would be like comparing LA and San Fran and saying they're the same.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How do you even draw the conclusion that Houston and San Antonio are the same? Or even similar? It would be like comparing LA and San Fran and saying they're the same.
    What i was saying is San Antonio isn’t exactly thought of in high regard, Houston tends to be thought of decently. Ive never been to miami but that place is generally thought of as nice, see what im doing? Reputation

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I don't pretend in my mind that LeBron wants to come to S.A., though I do agree that there might be basketball reasons to come if he believes Kawhi is healthy and Pop hasn't given up on coaching or lost a step after losing his wife of many years.

That said, how does Lebron like Cleveland and not Houston? I guess maybe because he grew up in Cleveland and Houston does get flooded every 4 or 5 years (I say that with all sensitivity for Hurricane Harvey).

But I also don't get why people think Houston is a better landing spot than SA for basketball. I mean, we won a game against GSW and Houston only won two. And we were missing Kawhi for every game. Houston didn't win a game against GSW after they lost their best player.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs are 1-8 in the playoffs against the Durant Warriors, and so are the Cavs. But the Spurs were missing Kawhi for 8+ of those games. Joining SA has to make more sense than staying in Cleveland, at least. There's a clear path forward in SA.

Thread Information