Page 6 of 55 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Red Sox are getting it together. Reck the savior has arrived https://www.mlb.com/player/michael-chavis-656308

He's projected to be a star.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Red Sox are getting it together. Reck the savior has arrived https://www.mlb.com/player/michael-chavis-656308

He's projected to be a star.
    Very nice.

Long ways to go though. We have to be perfect to just get at even.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very nice.

Long ways to go though. We have to be perfect to just get at even.
    Offense is clicking, so it's obviously going to come down to pitching. The Yankees have been decimated by injuries, so I see you catching them. Tampa is going to be tough. They're a solid team with the best staff in the MLB thus far.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What was really impressive is that he did with only 3 Ks. I didn't watch the game, but love that kind of line. Was he pitching to contact a lot?
    Yup, much like his 2016 self. Generating weak contact and letting his defense finish the job behind him. Iirc, he was among the leaders in lowest avg exit velo allowed that year. It helps that the Cards came out very aggressively and swung a lot in early counts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup, much like his 2016 self. Generating weak contact and letting his defense finish the job behind him. Iirc, he was among the leaders in lowest avg exit velo allowed that year. It helps that the Cards came out very aggressively and swung a lot in early counts.
    Yeah, hopefully pitchers like him don't become a dying breed since MLB scouts/front offices are obsessed with swing and miss power pitchers. It's why Keuchel still isn't signed. Another weak contact pitcher. Just as in the NBA where modern shooters have mastered the 23 foot distance, 60'6" doesn't really challenge modern pitchers. I think next year a minor league is going to experiment with moving the mound back.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/mlb/...l1aw56nolyucdq

We're at 9k/per 9 innings. I'd like to see that number cut in half, ideally. Manfred is such a limp , though. Always caving to the union. NBA isn't my brand of basketball, but I respect Stern and Silver's you at ude regarding changing the sport.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cubs pitching prospect kicks ball to 1st base for out.
    Love it!
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/cubs-prospect-makes-defensive-highlight-of-the-year-by-kicking-the-ball/ar-AAAW0HL?ocid=spartanntp

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Love it!
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/cubs-prospect-makes-defensive-highlight-of-the-year-by-kicking-the-ball/ar-AAAW0HL?ocid=spartanntp
    That was cool.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Love it!
    so all you need to make baseball exciting is to add in some elements of soccer?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so all you need to make baseball exciting is to add in some elements of soccer?
    Baseball players even outdoing soccer players at their specialty now. Told you they're the most well rounded athletes in sports

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chris Paddack is so ing good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chris Paddack is so ing good.
    Dads finally figured it out. Got a core Ace (Margevicius and Strahm are solid 2 and 3) now along with probably the best youth movement in baseball. Once Tatis and Cordero come back and the bats heat up more (Machado, Hedges, etc are underperforming some), watch out. Dodgers gonna have their hands full.

He uses that 12-6 dropped into the top of the zone so well to set up the high fastball (and vice versa). He really flummoxed Alonso in this at bat.

Last edited by midnightpulp; 05-07-2019 at 05:50 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Got to .500 to boot. Our season gets a do over going into the summer stretch. Nice

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Was #1 on Sportscenters Top 10....over Ajax surrendering goal @ 90 + 5.

Over the wall catches occur multiple times a day now. ESPN can't pimp a non-product 2 days in a row. American public punished

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Over the wall catches occur multiple times a day now. ESPN can't pimp a non-product 2 days in a row. American public punished
    As it should be. The catch prevented a walk-off and was different than your usual robbed home run catch in that he climbed the wall and reached way over to make the play (that wall is 7 feet high. Bradley's arm was probably 11+ feet in the air). What's conceptually different about a late goal than a walkoff win (two of those happened today, too) or late basket to win the game?

And how is the American public "punished?" This match will draw higher ratings on Spanish television, so it's more like the illegal immigrant public are being punished.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Maybe he should've done a bicycle kick or bent it like Beckham instead of an average garden variety goal. That's how u make #1 in Murica.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe he should've done a bicycle kick or bent it like Beckham instead of an average garden variety goal. That's how u make #1 in Murica.
    Cubs with two walkoff wins in a row, yet the American public is supposed to flip their about a late goal in the 7th most popular sport in the country in a non-American tournament between non-American teams? We see late game dramatics on the daily. I'm not hating, but context is everything. I seriously doubt Damian Lillard's 37 foot game winner made any top play highlight in the UK or Germany.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great breakdown by David Ross of his at bat against Andrew Miller:

lefty20. And JoeTait75. Maybe the worst pitch in Indians' history? Just don't get Miller shaking off slider there on a 1-2 count. Here's a past his prime vet who hasn't played in 3 days, he was early on the sliders, meaning he would be timed for the fastball, and why locate anything anywhere near the zone in a pitcher's count? Only reasons I could see for Miller going with a fastball was that he either didn't feel comfortable with his slider right then, perhaps spooked by Ross's swing on the second pitch (even though Ross admits he didn't see it, from a pitcher's perspective, it can look like he just missed it) or he was trying to get cute and catch him looking, thinking Ross was looking slider.

Love how he read the headshake.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Midnight go to the NBA Forum por favor.
    Some interesting matchups today.

I've been locking in on Glasnow but could Yankees with German upset?
    Anywho post over there por favor.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Great breakdown by David Ross of his at bat against Andrew Miller:

lefty20. And JoeTait75. Maybe the worst pitch in Indians' history? Just don't get Miller shaking off slider there on a 1-2 count. Here's a past his prime vet who hasn't played in 3 days, he was early on the sliders, meaning he would be timed for the fastball, and why locate anything anywhere near the zone in a pitcher's count? Only reasons I could see for Miller going with a fastball was that he either didn't feel comfortable with his slider right then, perhaps spooked by Ross's swing on the second pitch (even though Ross admits he didn't see it, from a pitcher's perspective, it can look like he just missed it) or he was trying to get cute and catch him looking, thinking Ross was looking slider.

Love how he read the headshake.
    In general I'm a believer that under most cir stances you should not throw a hittable pitch on an 0-2 or 1-2 count. That's one you either waste or throw out of the zone and try and get the batter to chase. As far as this AB goes, I'll speculate that Miller was gassed at this point, maybe not locating the slider to his satisfaction and didn't want to extend the AB and throw more pitches than he had to. Francona really rode Miller hard during the 2016 postseason and he just didn't have much left by Game 7 of the WS.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Today how short pitchers go sure put that runner on. I still remember David Cone going 130+ deep against Griffey & the Mariners ('95 ALDS). He was the biggest nibbler I can recall, always walking into jams but quite successful getting out of them. In contrast the Braves never walked. Preferred to throw a pitch in the zone and rely on the defense behind them.
    Last edited by FrostKing; 05-10-2019 at 12:08 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Today how short pitchers go sure put that runner on. I still remember David Cone going 130+ deep against Griffey & the Mariners ('95 ALDS). He was the biggest nibbler I can recall, always walking into jams but quite successful getting out of them. In contrast the Braves never walked. Preferred to throw a pitch in the zone and rely on the defense behind them.
    Braves rotation were masters as inducing weak contact.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sox looking good Reck

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Definitely a costly mistake there. Miller was striking us out with that slider off the plate on 3 ball counts earlier in the series. IIRC, he had couple big ones with the bases jammed in G1. Like you guys said, he must've been looking to save some bullets and stay in as long as possible.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This Chavis kid is kinda good, isn't he?

And lol Pedroia back to rehab. I've been wondering why he hasn't retired yet.

Thread Information