Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But I'm saying it's not the cultural practice of 1.5 billion people. It evolved from poor Chinese people eating wild animals out of necessity into what is basically a luxury trade, the culinary equivalent of the fur trade. Meaning you don't have to change the lifestyle of 1.5 billion people, but those elite few.
    How much does bat cost in that restaurant where that woman was eating?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think if you get the 2 bat combo with fried rice and a drink it's about 80 yuan

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll do a Chump.

Does that woman look poor to you?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll do a Chump.

Does that woman look poor to you?
    Not automatically elite. You made the elite claim. I just want some retail figures.

How much?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not automatically elite. You made the elite claim. I just want some retail figures.

How much?
    No clue. So if the Bat soup is on the dollar menu, then what? Live and let live and just people turn themselves into bioweapons? Not sure why you're contending this. The next pandemic coming from this kind of practice has been predicted for awhile.

https://www.amazon.com/Spillover-Ani...5201679&sr=8-2

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No clue. So if the Bat soup is on the dollar menu, then what? Live and let live and just people turn themselves into bioweapons? Not sure why you're contending this. The next pandemic coming from this kind of practice has been predicted for awhile.

https://www.amazon.com/Spillover-Ani...5201679&sr=8-2
    I'm asking you questions and saying it will probably be difficult to change Chinese culture.

Hope I'm wrong.

I appreciate your work in the forum during all this, but all you have to do when you don't know something is say "I don't know."

It's easy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm asking you questions and saying it will probably be difficult to change Chinese culture.

Hope I'm wrong.

I appreciate your work in the forum during all this, but all you have to do when you don't know something is say "I don't know."

It's easy.
    I understand that, but from what I've read it's not a mainstream practice, so you don't have the unenviable task of changing cultural tradition across the country. I think that woman who was pictured eating the bat was shamed on Chinese social media (she's an culinary influencer in China).

I think it'll change after this anyhow. Not a good look for Xi and co. to keep the practice going. They shut them down after SARS, so stands to reason this time they stay down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I understand that, but from what I've read it's not a mainstream practice, so you don't have the unenviable task of changing cultural tradition across the country. I think that woman who was pictured eating the bat was shamed on Chinese social media (she's an culinary influencer in China).

I think it'll change after this anyhow. Not a good look for Xi and co. to keep the practice going. They shut them down after SARS, so stands to reason this time they stay down.
    I hope Xi gives a . Not mainstream could mean millions and millions of people.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope Xi gives a . Not mainstream could mean millions and millions of people.
    True. We shall see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who would be onboard with regime change and nation building afterwards, tbh? We would be liberators, what's not to like?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's embarrasing. This is the same country that refused to accept WHO tests under 20 different excuses, yet, they're used everywhere else in the world, AND has a testing problem.
    truth nuke

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We do have a habit of grinding up cows for cows to eat before we grind up cows to eat cows.
    swine flu

mad cow

both emerged from NOT china.

AIDS, Ebola, Nipha

not china

but but but muh china

american crybabies embarrasing themselves blaming others for their 3rd world medical readiness

Superpower with a 3rd world Medical System

sad

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can move the entire iPhone production to Vietnam, but the rich folks in China will still eat bats and travel...
    they will probably eat more bats

and btw most of those edible bats are in Thailand

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who would be onboard with regime change and nation building afterwards, tbh? We would be liberators, what's not to like?
    we should airdrop the fat crybabies at spurstalk first and foremost

in the middle of the markets

armed with machine guns

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These people have been eating bats for centuries. You think this is something they just started eating a few months ago?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep. The only reason I buy a new iPhone once every 2-3 years is because the old ones are designed to stop working, if not for that I’d make them last for 5+ years.
    im still using my iphone 6 tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So venison is out too?
    If CWD hops to other species, we are in a lot more trouble.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If CWD hops to other species, we are in a lot more trouble.
    Let's just hope the alpacas don't get it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe we need to take a small convenience hit for awhile to bring back American manufacturing. Do really need the new iPhone every year? Do you we really need an 8K television? Do we really need smart speakers and internet-of-things devices? These toys don't really solve any problems aside from maybe cutting down some banal everyday activity like turning off the lights by a few seconds. You can get the in' Clapper from 1985 and achieve the same result.

And the 2000 American made smartphone is doable if people buy a new phone every two years instead of every year.
    Gotta say I don't really have much to add since you've been hitting it out of the park on every post. I agree 100% I would love to know how much wealth the american middle and lower class has lost over all the decades since both parties have pretty much decided that cheap goods are more important then anything else, furthermore add in how much it costs for typical college students over the years since it's damn near impossible to even get a sit down without some type of degree and also how much everyone pays into this system to supplement other people's wages at jobs where people can't even make a living.

I'm not close to rich, before I bought a current phone (well a pixel 2 isn't exactly new) I was still using a galaxy s3 that with youtube tutorials and endless phone forum posts I was able to update it manually to the latest android and it was still running perfectly until I ed it up, did it have all the latest and greatest tech, obviously not but it had 85% so it was what it was.

I feel like the same thing could be said about most tech products, like you said do we really need 8k tvs, jesus I just replaced a dead tv with a 4k last christmas, and the verdict is it's pretty much pointless at least by me with the quality I get from my cable provider anyway.

I can understand why people can't stand Trump or think he's crazy, but he gets more hate then even George W did, it'll be 2050 and we'll still be trying to unravel the ups his admin was responsible for yet you have Americans siding with China, aka the country who actually does all the dictatorial, fascist, statist, every other 'ist that is thrown at this administration. Trump talks to the media, these guys make them disappear, dissidents don't need organs em... hate 45 all you want, but there is no comparison.

Are they still doing those dog eating festivals? Are people still getting pinched for selling lab animals for meat? Probably...Still eating bats for a delicacy at some dirty street shop with blood and guts all over the place? Probably.

But what's the point of even wasting brain power on any of this, we're so hooked on these s for their cheap and slave labor though so not like regular people have much of a choice of what they can buy or what they can do. Wasted too much time even writing this, I should have went and bought lunch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's just hope the alpacas don't get it.
    Just wear a condom.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    China is like the head driver that causes a pile up crash and comes off with the less damage.

They'll need to put some type of measures on them going forward.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    imposing sanctions based on unproven theories against the 2nd most powerful nation in the world...

yeah that's totally going to work...Mid in his baseball thinking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    imposing sanctions based on unproven theories against the 2nd most powerful nation in the world...

yeah that's totally going to work...Mid in his baseball thinking.
    Semen shielding China. Yeah, all those doctors trying to get info about the virus out to the world are lying. You can easily look up the WeChat logs.

Thread Information