Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s weird with all this “very engaged”, “giving good effort”, and “more interesting” comments about this year’s team… like WTF were they doing the years before and why weren’t they trying as hard? It’s a sad retrospective look at years’ prior.
    They were playing just as hard. This is just people thinking they'd give up because they're young and inexperienced.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s weird with all this “very engaged”, “giving good effort”, and “more interesting” comments about this year’s team… like WTF were they doing the years before and why weren’t they trying as hard? It’s a sad retrospective look at years’ prior.
    A different mix of players - you can't defer to a ten year vet anymore as far as the top eight or nine players. LMA and DDR were very good players, but the sink or swim nature of this season with young guns and without realistic playoff expectations might be the situation. Players and coaches seeing what works with the group.

Will the team be putting in the effort and show the drive at game forty or fifty when the win percentage is 25-35%? I don't know. None of these players should feel overly comfortable with their spot. DJM seems to be the guy most likely to play well for the smalls and our big center is putting together a good body of work so far.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So much fun to see it work at least for this game. Should gotten rid of DDR two years ago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IIRC Dejounte scored most of his 13+ points in the 4th against DPOY Giannis. If he missed those— the narrative would be he’s playing “hero ball” and since he made them, he’s getting national recognition as an underrated player. Point is, plenty of folks like to put the nail in the coffin after 1-2 games when the nature of the beast is that shots go in or they don’t. A few games are not supposed to dictate what a player’s capabilities are, just as much so that it doesn’t mean yet that DJ should be recognized as a great closer. It takes time, and a much larger sample size. One thing for sure: it is good experience. The looks DJ is getting look great and the shots he missed in games prior could have easily gone in. Just because they didn’t means nothing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great win. They've been compe ive all year which is all you want from this young team. Honestly, all they need is an established all-star to come in and really compete. Ben Simmons and his handlers are idiots.

near awake, semi-coherent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This all in youth rebuild should’ve happened years ago. DeRozan and Aldridge were an absolute waste of time with a ceiling that involved being stuck in purgatory. If we had done this 3 years ago we hopefully could’ve had a top 5 pick by now and actually had a true player to build around instead of a bunch of hopeful fringe all stars who will make for good third options at the most.
    Honestly those guys once you do get your primary make the team. They don't cost more than a role player On a contender and they have the ability to step up in case of injury. Having a couple of mature strong players bring a young primary into contention a year or two earlier and can make the whole team way more stable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i know McDermott being out is a big deal, but this team is relying pretty heavily on Vassell/Lonnie/White and (barf) Forbes to be good 3 point shooters, so far their inconsistency is reflected by our record

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great win. They've been compe ive all year which is all you want from this young team. Honestly, all they need is an established all-star to come in and really compete. Ben Simmons and his handlers are idiots.
    His handlers don't want him in San Antonio, they want him in a major market like LA or NY.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His handlers don't want him in San Antonio, they want him in a major market like LA or NY.
    Definitely true. Winning used to be the pinnacle of NBA success. Now the biggest goal is growing your brand and generational wealth… and the wealth of your handler.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray actually worked with Poeltl on pick and rolls this offseason and it shows. Yet some people here used to call him "IG baller"

This kid is on his way to almost averaging 20/10/10

Get Paycheck, Get Drunk HankChinaski's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray actually worked with Poeltl on pick and rolls this offseason and it shows. Yet some people here used to call him "IG baller"

My only issue with Murray right now is closing out games. Last night he stepped up and hit those shots as That Guy. Previous games he was falling short which was leading me to believe he can't be that guy.

Everything else he provides has been for the most part consistent throughout a game. It's been the final minutes in games that he hasn't looked good due to fatigue/over exertion/etc.

If he can produce a consistent set of games like last night I will be pleasantly surprised and impressed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really like the element Thad Young could potentially bring to this team. He's actually a difference maker for this team, and shame on Pop for playing him so few minutes.

He can facilitate an offensive flow from the top of the key I didn't know was possible for him and for the Spurs. I knew he could do some scoring and rebounding so no surprise there. I was glad to see his passing ability and quick feet on defense. He's definitely a plus player and ought to start seeing 15-20 minutes/game.

Knowing pop though, he'll immediately get the Luka treatment...DNP - CD for 15 of the next 16 games. Or at best catch some mop up minutes that don't impact the outcome.

this shame on Pop nonsense. This is the first time Thad has looked like an NBA player when given minutes this season. And when he finally looked good, Pop played him. Pop has given him chances and he looked HORRIBLE.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We are 6 games into the year. Not enough time to make any judgements except initial impressions tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this shame on Pop nonsense. This is the first time Thad has looked like an NBA player when given minutes this season. And when he finally looked good, Pop played him. Pop has given him chances and he looked HORRIBLE.
    Thad is a smart player. It's odd he hasn't gelled with the offense. It just seems to me they were going to trade him and for whatever reason, it never happened. Also Thad played spot minuts at the 5 against jokic and the lakers. He shouldn't be playing the 5 against those teams. So he looked outmatched for obvious reasons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    7/16 is good for an outside shooter
    Not in this era

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You realize Stephen Curry has only shot above .50 one season and is .476 for his career, right? Gad are people idiots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yup, Murray has been very impressive to say the least. He definitely seems to be playing with some fire, with something to prove.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    .476 when a guy mostly shoots threes is good. It's not good if it's mostly long-twos. It's some bull trying to lump those two together. Real sniff-craft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also Curry is shooting that percentage with defenders trying to put him in a straight jacket.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also Curry is shooting that percentage with defenders trying to put him in a straight jacket.
    Yeah, good point. The level of defensive attention he's gets is a little bit different.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does anyone know why TiMVP hasn’t posted grades the last 2 games?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I forgot he was injured.. makes sense now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he is trying to find a way to make unbiased grades

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ask Mul roll, maybe he has unbiased ways of grading them

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he is trying to find a way to make unbiased grades

Rack it.

Thread Information