Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    spurstalk thinking luka was going to be holmgren

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think there's a cap to how Holmgren will affect the game. He needs to be gameplanned -- you can't have Taco Fail on him or other slow bigs who don't know how to defend shooters. Chet hit well inside, but may struggle to post up. He'll be a huge threat to block shots inside, which can do wonders for OKC's defense. I just don't see a Giannis here or someone who will dominate offensively. It'll also be fun to see guys like Morant or Edwards take the challenge.

The dweebs at realgm.com, meanwhile, are annointing Presti as the greatest GM evah. I want to post my breakdown of how bad he's been the last decade but don't know what my login is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is it weird that the spurs still haven’t sign Sochan or Branham to contracts yet?

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was on the Chet will be a bust team because I couldn't help but think of Shawn Bradley. Although it's just summer league but so far he looks like the polar opposite of him. What is standing out to me is he looks very confident and comfortable out there even when things get physical he gets pushed around but he fights his way back into the play.
    I'm still not sold Chet will hold up physically.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just rest him like Pop does, he'll be fine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chet looks real good right now against a few rooks and an bunch of scrubs. His size allows him to block shots easily, but his 3 point shooing is also pretty good. I'm waiting till he plays against better compe ion. The rest of the OKC team looks like they don't need to be in summer league other than Poku.

In a few games we'll have a better idea about Mr. Chet. If Chet is this good can you imagine Victor Wembyama next year !!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think there's a cap to how Holmgren will affect the game. He needs to be gameplanned -- you can't have Taco Fail on him or other slow bigs who don't know how to defend shooters. Chet hit well inside, but may struggle to post up. He'll be a huge threat to block shots inside, which can do wonders for OKC's defense. I just don't see a Giannis here or someone who will dominate offensively. It'll also be fun to see guys like Morant or Edwards take the challenge.

The dweebs at realgm.com, meanwhile, are annointing Presti as the greatest GM evah. I want to post my breakdown of how bad he's been the last decade but don't know what my login is.
    Presti is great at negotiating. Definitely up there with the best of them. But given enough chances anyone will hit some. On his behalf, he's earned a large portion of those through skill, not just tanking. But adding talent is the key... they have SGA, Giddey, now they've added Jalen Williams & Chet
    On Chet, we've seen what we knew he can do: he's a phenomenal shot blocker, he's skilled and can shoot it. But yesterday he did it against a summer league Utah team that made Poku looked like a future HoF, so let's not go overboard just yet. The question marks regarding his ability to face real NBA bigs and live through a whole season are still there. And I've also questioned his ability to carry an offense by himself, but fortunately for him he won't have to do that in OKC, so he won't get exposed like he did in the NCAA tournament. By the end of the year we'll have a much better indication of how the draft went down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel like Holmgren will be your exceptional 3&D guy, if more interior based. He'll transform the team. Agree that I don't think he'll be able to carry an offense although he'll victimize plodding bigs. Thunder will continue the problem they had since the big three -- no shooting. Presti just doesn't like shooters. He likes his Pokusevski tall bois.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed, he's definitely going to need more weight on that frame to withstand a grueling season in the NBA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is it weird that the spurs still haven’t sign Sochan or Branham to contracts yet?
    Branham should be up next. Probably tomorrow but definitely before Friday night. Since Dr. Fauci is apparently supervising Sochan he ain’t playing anytime soon so there’s no rush.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed, he's definitely going to need more weight on that frame to withstand a grueling season in the NBA
    I don’t understand the fixation on Chet’s weight. The kid operates on top of the key, dribbles up to his defender or step back shoot. The guy is a SF/stretch 4. He’s not going to pound bodies inside. He’s going to be fine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OKC has some really impressive young guys. Jalen Williams is gonna be really good I think, and I absolutely love Giddeys game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OKC has some really impressive young guys. Jalen Williams is gonna be really good I think, and I absolutely love Giddeys game
    I have a feeling that Giddey will be the odd man out come next Off-season and will be subsequently traded.

I don't think you draft both Jalen Williams and Ousmane Dieng (with three first rounders I might add), to have them playing Off-Ball Long term.

Giddey has a terrific feel for the game and is an extraordinary passer but I'm not sure that's enough going forward...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    was only a matter of time until that team became a problem. and figures to only get worse tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have a feeling that Giddey will be the odd man out come next Off-season and will be subsequently traded.

I don't think you draft both Jalen Williams and Ousmane Dieng (with three first rounders I might add), to have them playing Off-Ball Long term.

Giddey has a terrific feel for the game and is an extraordinary passer but I'm not sure that's enough going forward...
    Presti is pretty bad at actually creating teams; he seems addicted to the draft process and ac ulating assets.

I disagree with you, though. I think Giddey stays -- he opens up the floor for everyone and victimizes teams with back door cuts. I think Jalen Williams will flounder. He needs a serious team and seems to need the ball in his hands. I feel like Dieng will become an afterthought and won't be developed. We'll forget him until his name pops up for extensions.

After all this, they finally have a team iden y, it's Holmgren's team, but building around him's another thing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jalen Williams is looking really good right now in their SL game, Dieng looks terrible lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A guy like Lofton is hard for Holmgren to cover. Lofton isn't quite good enough to always capitalize, but he's both too quick and strong. The mystery yesterday was why burn only dislodged the stick once yesterday.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Giddey is still an awful shooter.

Memphis is tough nosed even in summer league to push OKC around and stick their noses in there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jalen Williams is looking really good right now in their SL game, Dieng looks terrible lol
    Why in the Presti gave three first round picks for Dieng?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    was only a matter of time until that team became a problem. and figures to only get worse tbh
    Good problems. They can always trade and consolidate for a better pick. Roby was a 2nd round, but the FRP’s would be different

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chet looked so good and like it was so easy for him yesterday that Mark Few trended on twitter for being a dumbass coach that ran their offense through Drew Timme instead of Chet.

Imagine trending because people realize you obviously held back a talented player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why in the Presti gave three first round picks for Dieng?
    i'll never understand that one

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chet looked so good and like it was so easy for him yesterday that Mark Few trended on twitter for being a dumbass coach that ran their offense through Drew Timme instead of Chet.

Imagine trending because people realize you obviously held back a talented player.
    I don't think he held him back and those who say it are kind of dopes. Yesterday OKC played a Utah team with one, maybe two fringe NBA prospects while they were playing with five lottery picks and other assorted NBA players, including second year guys. Utah did not adjust to Holmgren at all.

Gonzaga had a much better offensive weapon than Holmgren last year, Drew Timme. Holmgren got plenty of looks. If you want to say Mark Few always disappoints in the end, I definitely agree, but that's also because his teams are overrated because they slaughter their weak-ass conference year over year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Presti clearly needed to go for Duren or get some size and beef, whether in the draft or otherwise. He seems allergic to doing so.

Thread Information