Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree wholeheartedly. It's funny to see the goal already being moved, his sop re season not having officially started yet... And you forgot to mention: this SpursTalk hatewagon is the same people who spent YEARS on the "Dejounte isn't a PG!! He can't even dribble, nor shoot!!" train, whilst DJ developed all the way from a clunky, lanky and awkward kid, into a literal All-Star level player. Like, we've played out this EXACT movie the past 4-5 years... And people STILL haven't learned from it.

I'm not saying Primo is a surefire PG (I don't even know if I'd want him there; I haven't seen the apparently ground-breaking concept of "point-forward" mentioned once in this thread, and that's exactly where I'm seeing Primo shine in the future). But the discrediting arguments at this point in time are ridiculous, especially given the very visible improvements on his game & physique from last year. He popped out of the frame in the 4th, when he cared to do so (and his coach told him to "gimme more of that").
    100% Its amazing how many people will just make mistake after mistake after mistake and never stop with their takes.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was pretty obvious to me that the game plan was for Primo to go in and defer and get others involved. His court vision remains the best on the Spurs and its not even close. Against a lot of non NBA talent that's even more apparent. At the end when Primo wanted to score, he did. That's an excellent sign. But at no point in the early stages of this game was dude trying to go at defenses the way Wesley was. Its Summer league, if you try to watch these games like they are NBA games you're gonna have stupid ing takes but then again more than half the people on this site just can't help themselves and will post that is wrong no matter how many times they've been wrong before.

The fact that Primo's handles have improved is great. The fact that Primo sees the court better than anyone else on the team is the most important facet to him being a point guard. Not ever PG needs to blow by people in 1v1 situations and I'm not sure why this the standard so many people in here have decided to use.
    ^ don’t waste your time kind sir!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wesley is fast but he’s definitely gonna have to tighten up those handles. Like some have mentioned before, knowing when and how to use them jets will really take him to the next level. The kid shows promise proving once again the spurs are good at this drafting thing!
    Actually I didn’t see Wesley losing the ball with his handles, not that it doesn’t hurt to keep improving. I see he needs to improve in finishing at the rim. But adding weight on that 185 lb frame should help a lot. But he blows by his defender, great at pushing the tempo, and is not gun shy. I am quite impressed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was pretty obvious to me that the game plan was for Primo to go in and defer and get others involved. His court vision remains the best on the Spurs and its not even close. Against a lot of non NBA talent that's even more apparent. At the end when Primo wanted to score, he did. That's an excellent sign. But at no point in the early stages of this game was dude trying to go at defenses the way Wesley was. Its Summer league, if you try to watch these games like they are NBA games you're gonna have stupid ing takes but then again more than half the people on this site just can't help themselves and will post that is wrong no matter how many times they've been wrong before.

The fact that Primo's handles have improved is great. The fact that Primo sees the court better than anyone else on the team is the most important facet to him being a point guard. Not ever PG needs to blow by people in 1v1 situations and I'm not sure why this the standard so many people in here have decided to use.
    He definitely deferred but I don’t think it’s because he is the young OG on the summer league getting others involved I actually think him deferring is a tad walker IV esque.

All good signs from him skill/talent wise yesterday but his biggest challenge this year might be the decision process of when to defer versus when to take over. That’s a tough mandate to navigate and something that DJ got pretty good at last year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not bad for the 12th pick, and again with so much composure at 19.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That still shot at Primo smiling . This kid never stop smiling and I don’t wish him to stop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some stupid idiot put a virus on the Blake Wesley thread . You can’t even open that thread anymore

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some stupid idiot put a virus on the Blake Wesley thread . You can’t even open that thread anymore
    hey you dumbass filipino putanginamo. It’s not my fault the forum cant handle a twitter link

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hey you dumbass filipino putanginamo. It’s not my fault the forum cant handle a twitter link
    And Karen too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that doesnt even make sense. Put a lumpia up your pwet gago

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that doesnt even make sense. Put a lumpia up your pwet gago
    It doesn’t make sense that you’re being a racist with your Filipino derogatory? Idiot

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow……that’s how we’re doing it now? Slow down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It doesn’t make sense that you’re being a racist with your Filipino derogatory? Idiot
    Karens arent Karens because theyre racist, you dumbass

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Karens arent Karens because theyre racist, you dumbass
    Okay Ken

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ Hahah these Magic City girls will give you the germ and still charge you gents. Stay strapped.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with Primo becoming the point forward. If he’s a starter and he gets his ball handling touches, what’s the problem? Why pidgeonhole him as a PG? Are people that desperate to compare him to DJ that the only way to do it is view him as a PG too? Are people so obsessed with height that because he’s listed as 6’4”, they don’t want him as anything but PG?

IMO, the reason he’s not a full time PG isn’t because of passing skills or anything like that. He is not quick enough to push the pace. The Spurs scheme is to always push the pace. You will notice that Wesley was fast as to bring the ball up full court. Primo suffers from the same thing White did in that he doesn’t run like with the ball like Murray did. I said it over and over when White took command as PG (and his role there dwindled over time because of this) that bringing the ball up slowly affects the entire team and it brings complacency.

btw i didnt get to respond to your previous post to me. Do you have a computer yet?
    Per timvp, the Spurs view Primo as the PG of the future. Ask PATFO your question.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Per timvp, the Spurs view Primo as the PG of the future. Ask PATFO your question.
    I think the intention is to make as many facilitators on this team, much like the Beautiful Game, albeit without a proven dominant scorer in the team. But I think they’re looking at Wesley as the possible PG once he gets there. Seeing this kid push the tempo is an exciting prospect

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m starting to think it is less about the PG of the future and more about having multiple players who can run point on any given night. Especially since we just traded our point guard of the future who was still getting better.

Regardless, someone is needed to take that leadership role to captain this ship. I don't see Primo being that leader… he doesn’t strike me as having that persona. Just seems too nice and selfless.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m starting to think it is less about the PG of the future and more about having multiple players who can run point on any given night. Especially since we just traded our point guard of the future who was still getting better.

Regardless, someone is needed to take that leadership role to captain this ship. I don't see Primo being that leader… he doesn’t strike me as having that persona. Just seems too nice and selfless.
    Primo isn’t nice he’s measured. I feel there’s some truth in a lot points made here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    start bryn to tank

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If he plays offball 80% and PG 20%, I'm cool with that. I just don't want him as the primary ball handler. He is way too turnover prone despite the group think on this board about him being the best court visioned player on the roster, which I highly disagree with. His assist to TO ratio is abominable. He clearly displayed more efficiency as a wing.

Now an occasional trip up the court or two every few possessions, I'm cool with that especially if he incorporates some step back 3s and higher percentage midrange game. Aside from that let the quicker faster better passing guards take primary ball handling duties.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he plays offball 80% and PG 20%, I'm cool with that. I just don't want him as the primary ball handler. He is way too turnover prone despite the group think on this board about him being the best court visioned player on the roster, which I highly disagree with. His assist to TO ratio is abominable. He clearly displayed more efficiency as a wing.

Now an occasional trip up the court or two every few possessions, I'm cool with that especially if he incorporates some step back 3s and higher percentage midrange game. Aside from that let the quicker faster better passing guards take primary ball handling duties.
    You can continue to grumble, but Primo will play a lot with the ball in his hands.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can continue to grumble, but Primo will play a lot with the ball in his hands.
    Time will bare this out. He is very TO prone. Forces passes into traffic. Puts passes where people are forced to take bad shot or turn it over themselves.

At some point, he'll play himself out of the position. If this were the days of the Big 3, Pop would have benched his ass for the TOs he produces. He would have scalped 19 yr old Tony for the same .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Time will bare this out. He is very TO prone. Forces passes into traffic. Puts passes where people are forced to take bad shot or turn it over themselves.

At some point, he'll play himself out of the position. If this were the days of the Big 3, Pop would have benched his ass for the TOs he produces. He would have scalped 19 yr old Tony for the same .
    Bruh these are meaningless games and he’ll clean them up.

Thread Information