Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't he have one of the league worst shooting percentages at the rim though? Could swear I saw a video from BBallBreakdown or something showing that back when he was still on OKC.
    dno about "at the rim" but westbrook's career FG% within 0-3 feet is 59.7% while Tony Parker's was 64.5%

curry also at 64.5%
    manu was 62.2.%
    kobe was 63.7%

lebron at 73.7%
    shaq at 74.5%
    jim at 68.9%

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't he have one of the league worst shooting percentages at the rim though? Could swear I saw a video from BBallBreakdown or something showing that back when he was still on OKC.
    I think you're right. But he was also taking like 20+ shots / game so he he could have poor FG and still make most of his points there. What I do know for sure is that he's the worst 3pt shooter in NBA history when juxtaposed with attempts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    blame Pop chasing his record for that
    You wouldn't?
    Chase an all-time record.
    Get put in the History Books for All Time.
    You'd walk away for the good of others?
    That's the guy you are?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So we're still no closer to this actually being a reality, right? Just checking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So we're still no closer to this actually being a reality, right? Just checking.
    Geez I hope not. I really hope they explore on Hayward as viable alternate. To me it makes a lot more sense.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dno about "at the rim" but westbrook's career FG% within 0-3 feet is 59.7% while Tony Parker's was 64.5%

curry also at 64.5%
    manu was 62.2.%
    kobe was 63.7%

lebron at 73.7%
    shaq at 74.5%
    jim at 68.9%
    Interesting. Where do you get those stats from? I didn't expect Kobe's to be quite as high as I remember him taking more jump shots that driving to the rim. Pretty good stats, though. I guess when he did go to the rim, he finished well. TP and Manu also great near the rim. Curious what D-Wade's rim percentage is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting. Where do you get those stats from? I didn't expect Kobe's to be quite as high as I remember him taking more jump shots that driving to the rim. Pretty good stats, though. I guess when he did go to the rim, he finished well. TP and Manu also great near the rim. Curious what D-Wade's rim percentage is.
    I remember Tony once among the league leaders in FG percentage.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's dead now, but as the season goes on the lakers might get even more desperate. no tanking they can't miss the playoffs twice in a row with lebron.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pull them out of my ass.

just kidding. Basketballreference.com. Under any players profile if you scroll way down there’s a shooting category. You can see what % of a players FGA came from what range and also what their Fg% was at that range

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pull them out of my ass.

just kidding. Basketballreference.com. Under any players profile if you scroll way down there’s a shooting category. You can see what % of a players FGA came from what range and also what their Fg% was at that range
    thanks for the info, tbh, pulleditoutofmyass.com seems to be an ST favorite.
    Last edited by rjv; 07-21-2022 at 01:23 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember Tony once among the league leaders in FG percentage.
    tony also had a killer floater.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tony also had a killer floater.
    Basically brought or at least popularized it in the league... Took it (or got inspired) from spanish PG Juan Carlos Navarro he played a lot in youth compe ions...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is it really guaranteed that we would buy out Westbrook in the event we trade for him? Couldn't we hold on to him and sit him out (like the Rockets did with John Wall) until a desperate contender comes to us at the trade deadline with a proposal to take him on in exchange for us swallowing a few bad contracts and a protected first round pick?

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is it really guaranteed that we would buy out Westbrook in the event we trade for him? Couldn't we hold on to him and sit him out (like the Rockets did with John Wall) until a desperate contender comes to us at the trade deadline with a proposal to take him on in exchange for us swallowing a few bad contracts and a protected first round pick?
    I’ve speculated on the same idea. A lot of if/then statements, but pop would be the only one who could come close to changing him along with Chip helping with shooting assuming he still on the team… If nothing else that should be the narrative they are pushing if he was on the team, and yeah, try to unload him for more value if somehow possible. That seems like a lot more work than Spurs would want to do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rockets got nothing for wall. Spurs won't either for Westbrook. Even if the lakers give an unprotected first - that's expensive for a team that's not going to get many sell outs or Jersey sales.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It’d be nearly impossible to move him at the deadline and make the math work.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Contenders would have to gut their roster to match his $47M salary. Also, as pointed out, the Rockets ultimately got nothing for Wall.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ve speculated on the same idea. A lot of if/then statements, but pop would be the only one who could come close to changing him along with Chip helping with shooting assuming he still on the team… If nothing else that should be the narrative they are pushing if he was on the team, and yeah, try to unload him for more value if somehow possible. That seems like a lot more work than Spurs would want to do.
    Aside from what everyone else said. Chip is also gone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers are now open to trading both their first round picks for Irving.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...e-irving-trade

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Kyrie going full Nephew.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kyrie going full Nephew.
    Kyrie has already came out and stated that the reports of him only wanting to play 60 games and no back to backs is not true.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Wow, that sure makes it fair for any team willing to take on Westbrick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow, that sure makes it fair for any team willing to take on Westbrick.
    It’s two FRPs to unload Russ and get Irving back so unless the Nets are okay with trading Irving for Russ and two unprotected FRPs this doesn’t change anything.

Nets aren’t giving up Irving for one pick alone unless he strong arms them so Lakers still need to add assets to get this done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ would be idiotic for Nyets and any 3rd team to help out ABC Disney Lakers with this lame offer.

But, this is the rigged NBA so....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2 FRPs was always the bare minimum, especially if the Nets want another team involved. Lakers are just stuck living in la-la land if they ever thought they would get Irving for less.

Still think it's stupid for the Lakers to give away what little draft capital they have for like...one, maybe two more shots with AD and LeBron but LeGM usually gets his way.

Thread Information