Page 167 of 237 FirstFirst ... 67117157163164165166167168169170171177217 ... LastLast
Results 4,151 to 4,175 of 5906
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles
    yeah, i like Little Big League far more than Rookie of the Year
    Great time growing up and those sport films were coming out.

Sandlot, Mighty Ducks, Little Giants, Ladybugs, Big Green, Angels in the Outfield.

Now it is super hero gotry

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    American Psycho - 7/10

didnt see this in like 15 years or more. Another great Bale performance in another psychological thriller... well, at least the ending gets that way, other than that it also has some pretty funny parts. The ending gave me some kind of Nolan Inception vibes, cause u ask yourself what was real and what was not. Anyhow, I am happy that I am not watching films anymore.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    A couple of old ones here...

In Bruges - never saw this when it came out and kept hearing that it was good. Not a huge Collin Ferrel fan but this was a solid movie. A couple of Irish hitmen having to kill time in Bruges and stuff happens.
    Pretty funny dialogue at times.
    It's a solid 7/10

Sexy Beast - Ray Fienns character in the above reminded me of Ben Kingsley in Sexy Beast to some degree. So I went back and watched it again. I forgot how good this movie was. Kingsly is great along with Ian McShane and Ray Winstone.
    British gangsters pulling off one more caper. It's worth watching for Kingsley alone for his pschypathic character. But everyone is excellent and it's a pretty quick watch at 1:30.
    8/10

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    American Psycho - 7/10

didnt see this in like 15 years or more. Another great Bale performance in another psychological thriller... well, at least the ending gets that way, other than that it also has some pretty funny parts. The ending gave me some kind of Nolan Inception vibes, cause u ask yourself what was real and what was not. Anyhow, I am happy that I am not watching films anymore.
    Never followed up with the movie...read the book & it is grim business.

Couldn't understand how they'd bring PCV pipe into the film process.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Finally watched "Once upon a time in Hollywood".

It is an entertaining movie but a weird one. It feels more like different bits put together than a cohesive unit. The final isn't earned at all. It's just something that happens by sheer luck. It's good but in no way do I think it's Best Picture nominee worthy.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    Finally watched "Once upon a time in Hollywood".

It is an entertaining movie but a weird one. It feels more like different bits put together than a cohesive unit. The final isn't earned at all. It's just something that happens by sheer luck. It's good but in no way do I think it's Best Picture nominee worthy.
    The ending isn’t earned?

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Rookie of the year, couldn’t stand this movie.
    The one where the kid breaks his arm and ends up pitching for the Cubs?

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Equilibrium - 7/10

this ends my Christian Bale early 2000's trilogy.
    If you're a fan of the Matrix, 80's John Woo films and wanna see John Wick on steroids in the future where no one can feel anything i guess this is for you.

CB early 2000's rankings:
    Machinist
    Equilibrium
    Psycho

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The ending isn’t earned?
    *****Spoilers below*******

How is the Manson loyals ending, by mistake, on Rick Dalton's house an earned edning? If you tell me they ended there because they wanted to kill Cliff Booth after what happened with him when he went to the Hippies ranch, then the situation would have been conected. But in the way that the scene was presented, Tex and company ending in Dalton's house is sheer luck since they were actually trying to end on Sharon Tate's one.

You could have had a totally diferent plot on the first 2 hours of the movie and you stick that final on the last 30 minutes and it would have been exactly the same.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    ^how does someone miss the point of a movie that badly?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Ok, tell me what you think is the point of the movie. I'm probably missing something.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    The one where the kid breaks his arm and ends up pitching for the Cubs?

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Ok, tell me what you think is the point of the movie. I'm probably missing something.
    Still waiting, tbh.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Ummm, they weren't trying to kill Tate in this movie. That's the twist. The whole point of Tate being featured was basically a diversion to build expectation to the inevitable, per history.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Ummm, they weren't trying to kill Tate in this movie. That's the twist. The whole point of Tate being featured was basically a diversion to build expectation to the inevitable, per history.
    When the Manson loyals were in the car, Tex said that Manson told him "get into my old friends' house (I don't remember the name of the dude) and kill anyone in there". Sharon Tate was the one living on Charles Manson's ex friend house, not Dalton. So, indeed, the Manson's friends broke into the wrong house.

Why would Manson want to kill Dalton if he never knew him?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    When the Manson loyals were in the car, Tex said that Manson told him "get into my old friends' house (I don't remember the name of the dude) and kill anyone in there". Sharon Tate was the one living on Charles Manson's ex friend house, not Dalton. So, indeed, the Manson's friends broke into the wrong house.
    I mean, this alone proves you clearly weren’t listening to what they were discussing in the car. I’m not spoonfeeding you basic plot points.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I mean, this alone proves you clearly weren’t listening to what they were discussing in the car. I’m not spoonfeeding you basic plot points.
    Considering Manson wasn't in the ing car when Rick The ing Man Dalton got fed up with dirty hippies coming into his hood to smoke dope...

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    c'mon. Even if you missed the entire van conversation, Rick confronted them outside his home and they watched him go back.

I agree it's a weird movie, but the main characters and their vignettes are just so entertaining. I wish it had been a limited series. I could watch ten hours of that world easily.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Ok, so your idea is to antagonize just to antagonize?

I'm pretty sure I got the dialogue right, but if I didn't I would appreciate for you to tell me what I got wrong so that I can understand the movie. Specially since you were the one adressing me and telling me I missed the point of the movie.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    Considering Manson wasn't in the ing car when Rick The ing Man Dalton got fed up with dirty hippies coming into his hood to smoke dope...
    one of the funniest scenes of all time tbh

“What the are you looking at, you little ginger haired er?”

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    c'mon. Even if you missed the entire van conversation, Rick confronted them outside his home and they watched him go back.

I agree it's a weird movie, but the main characters and their vignettes are just so entertaining. I wish it had been a limited series. I could watch ten hours of that world easily.
    Yeah, but they didn't know who they had to kill. For all they knew Dalton was the one living on Manson ex friend's house.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    Yeah, but they didn't know who they had to kill. For all they knew Dalton was the one living on Manson ex friend's house.
    you very clearly weren’t paying attention.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    OK, I won't string you along. After the confrontation, they recognize it's Rick and Sadie comes up with the idea to kill him instead of going to the Tate house as some kind of statement about TV violence they all grew up with.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    And sure, the pale looking gave that speech about killing the dudes that showed us how to kill and maybe that's why they got into Dalton's house instead of Tates, but that still doesn't take away from the fact that the ending (Manson's people getting to that private neighborhood to kill anyone living on Mansons old friend's house?) has little to no relation to what happened before in the movie aside from that one scene where Manson goes to Polanski's house asking for his friend.

Thread Information