Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GTA 6 is never going to happen. Rockstar too busy still juicing GTA online.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe on PS6. Hopefully they'll at least give us an RDR1 remake in the RDR2 engine this gen. Seems like a sure thing that we'll see them re-release RDR2 at 60 fps for PS5 / XSX, probably at $50 or $60.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man if this is legit, PlayStation 5 could really be awesome.

Damn gpu turned out to be even better than rumored here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd be happy with a Red Dead 2 single player DLC. Take2/Rockstar make too much money with their online crap though. That's their cash cow. They'll just continue to make one game every 5-10 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd be happy with a Red Dead 2 single player DLC. Take2/Rockstar make too much money with their online crap though. That's their cash cow. They'll just continue to make one game every 5-10 years.
    Ugh ing GTA Online. We got so much single player DLC for crap GTA IV and then the Undead Nightmare DLC for RDR1, but never seeing anything like that again. I'm surprised they even make SP base games anymore.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you have it, Control Ultimate Edition and Destruction All Stars are free plus games this month, tbh...
    You played Control yet? Wondering if you think the RT is worth dropping to 30 fps.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You played Control yet? Wondering if you think the RT is worth dropping to 30 fps.
    I'm playing it right now with RT on at 30... this is probably one game where they went all out on RT, so I wanted to check it out (haven't played it before).

Haven't checked the perf mode yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm playing it right now with RT on at 30... this is probably one game where they went all out on RT, so I wanted to check it out (haven't played it before).

Haven't checked the perf mode yet.
    It works well at 30 though? And is it a pretty steady 30 fps? Like God of War was only 30 fps but the framerate never budged from that on my PS4 Slim.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It works well at 30 though? And is it a pretty steady 30 fps? Like God of War was only 30 fps but the framerate never budged from that on my PS4 Slim.
    It's really solid. Here's a breakdown of the PS5 version by DF:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Am I missing something, or is there really no difference between PS5 and PS4? The comparisons are way too subtle and I'm not really seeing a diffrence.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Am I missing something, or is there really no difference between PS5 and PS4? The comparisons are way too subtle and I'm not really seeing a diffrence.
    Night and difference in performance from what I can tell.

Just compare Cyberpunk on PS4 vs PS5. Game plays rather normal on the latter and unplayable on the former.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Night and difference in performance from what I can tell.

Just compare Cyberpunk on PS4 vs PS5. Game plays rather normal on the latter and unplayable on the former.
    Yeah, I get that, but I think cyberpunk is a one-off show. But GOW5 was great on PS4, and I don't really see the "next-gen" improvement with PS5 games in comparison to the graphics and quality of a game like GOW5.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I get that, but I think cyberpunk is a one-off show. But GOW5 was great on PS4, and I don't really see the "next-gen" improvement with PS5 games in comparison to the graphics and quality of a game like GOW5.
    It's early in the generation, tbh... but it certainly is noticeable, especially if you're in 4k.

Not just raw cpu/gpu perf, but also the ssd is fast as and given time it should allow for some really cool streaming asset tricks.

check out the UE5 demo for that next-gen look.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's early in the generation, tbh... but it certainly is noticeable, especially if you're in 4k.

Not just raw cpu/gpu perf, but also the ssd is fast as and given time it should allow for some really cool streaming asset tricks.

check out the UE5 demo for that next-gen look.
    You mean this?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That game Control that ElNono just posted above is a stuttering mess on base PS4 with drops to around 20 fps but the PS5 can play it 60 fps no sweat, or 30 fps if you want to turn on raytracing. The PS4's gpu probably wouldn't be able to do even 5 fps with RT on in Control. The difference in hardware between PS5 and PS4 is pretty huge. Without going into too much detail, the PS4 is like a low end gaming PC from late 2013. The PS5 is like a midrange / high-end, tilted more towards the high-end, gaming PC from late 2020. There are enormous differences in the computational power between them.

If you had the PS4 Pro that system improves a lot on the gpu vs base PS4, but it still has an enormous achilles heel in the weak ass cpu that held PS4 games back. But gpu is still very significantly improved on PS5 vs PS4 Pro.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That game Control that ElNono just posted above is a stuttering mess on base PS4 with drops to around 20 fps but the PS5 can play it 60 fps no sweat, or 30 fps if you want to turn on raytracing. The PS4's gpu probably wouldn't be able to do even 5 fps with RT on in Control. The difference in hardware between PS5 and PS4 is pretty huge. Without going into too much detail, the PS4 is like a low end gaming PC from late 2013. The PS5 is like a midrange / high-end, tilted more towards the high-end, gaming PC from late 2020. There are enormous differences in the computational power between them.

If you had the PS4 Pro that system improves a lot on the gpu vs base PS4, but it still has an enormous achilles heel in the weak ass cpu that held PS4 games back. But gpu is still very significantly improved on PS5 vs PS4 Pro.
    Yeah I get that, and don't dispute it at all. My point is just that the resulting difference in game graphics isn't all that noticeable. But I guess it takes time to develop truly next gen games?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That game Control that ElNono just posted above is a stuttering mess on base PS4 with drops to around 20 fps
    To be fair, Control was as much of a failure at launch as Cyberpunk was.

IIRC, Control had a terrible outing in the beginning even for PC, no?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    God of War 2018 was probably also the greatest feat of engineering ever pulled off on the PS4. My jaw is still dropped to the floor that I could play that game on my PS4 Slim and get a locked 30 fps at 1080p with a game that ambitious. Even then, with the new patch from a couple of days ago you can play that 4k60 on PS5.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    God of War 2018 was probably also the greatest feat of engineering ever pulled off on the PS4. My jaw is still dropped to the floor that I could play that game on my PS4 Slim and get a locked 30 fps at 1080p with a game that ambitious. Even then, with the new patch from a couple of days ago you can play that 4k60 on PS5.
    On top of the continuous game flow.

I played that game on the OG PS4 and it never crapped out on me. That game was made in house so it's to be expected they know their console in and out so they got everything it had.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I get that, and don't dispute it at all. My point is just that the resulting difference in game graphics isn't all that noticeable. But I guess it takes time to develop truly next gen games?
    Have you played Demon's Souls? That's supposed to be the best showcase of the PS5 right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On top of the continuous game flow.

I played that game on the OG PS4 and it never crapped out on me. That game was made in house so it's to be expected they know their console in and out so they got everything it had.
    God of War was literally the only game I ever played on PS4 that got my Slim loud enough to hear. And it actually got it pretty loud, not XBox 360 or PS2 Fat level loud, but it was pretty clear that game was pushing the PS4 hardware like nothing else out there. I suspect The Last of Us Part II will be similar if I play it there instead of on PS5 (which I will unless they make a 60 fps patch for PS5 considering the 7.55 hack coming soon for PS4).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You mean this?

Yeah, this is while they play (starts at 1:20):

And this is still an early version of the techs... for example, there's no use of raytracing there yet either.

Thread Information