Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's certainly not saying masks don't work. They're also using masks right now in select areas. Furthermore, they've been in lockdown too (you can only ease lockdowns if you been in lockdown).
    pretty amazing that DMC really doesnt want masks to work tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they work we should all be able to get back to normal just by wearing them. Why the lockdowns and continuing saga of infections and deaths? Are all these people getting infected because they didn't wear masks? (you won't address that straight on)

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they work we should all be able to get back to normal just by wearing them. Why the 6'?
    Are you ing 6 years old? Is everything either 100% or 0% in your world?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So because I think masks are a placebo but still wear them, you somehow equate that to bifurcation of the issue?

Are you saying Hydroxychloroquine works 0%?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know that's true.

If they work we should all be able to get back to normal just by wearing them. Why the lockdowns and continuing saga of infections and deaths? Are all these people getting infected because they didn't wear masks? (you won't address that straight on)
    As noted in the article, masks (large majority) don't provide immunity from infection, but do help slow down the spread of the disease.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he's not saying that at all

he's saying that wearing masks by itself doesnt suddenly mean you can ignore social distancing guidelines and pretend everything's going to be fine... and particularly so when masks are worn incorrectly
    You mean like down around the chin, or the shirt over the face mask? How about the handkerchief dangling over the nose and mouth? Then you have people wearing gloves, which, as soon as they touch anything at all, the bet is off. Now they are still spreading the same from place to place they would spread with bare hands, only they feel safer (placebo) so they won't clean their hands as often. Some people are wearing masks over and over, ones that are not really reusable, because it's the law to have one on. They keep the same one until it gets filthy (and don't get me started on black masks).

But sure, and you're saying the US doesn't have the issues he mentioned. Got it.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your math is awful

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

As noted in the article, masks (large majority) don't provide immunity from infection, but do help slow down the spread of the disease.
    As illustrated where exactly?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

sweden no masks and cases magically declining.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You mean like down around the chin, or the shirt over the face mask? How about the handkerchief dangling over the nose and mouth? Then you have people wearing gloves, which, as soon as they touch anything at all, the bet is off. Now they are still spreading the same from place to place they would spread with bare hands, only they feel safer (placebo) so they won't clean their hands as often. Some people are wearing masks over and over, ones that are not really reusable, because it's the law to have one on. They keep the same one until it gets filthy (and don't get me started on black masks).

But sure, and you're saying the US doesn't have the issues he mentioned. Got it.
    The mask is not to protect you, it's to protect others from your cough, etc. Whether the mask is dirty or not, is immaterial to the effect of spreading droplets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sweden no masks and cases magically declining.
    You just lied again above, back to timeout.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As illustrated where exactly?
    RIVM chief Jaap van Dissel said that the organization was aware of studies that show masks help slow the spread of disease but it was not convinced they will help during the current coronavirus outbreak in the Netherlands.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You just lied again above, back to timeout.
    Nope you just can't read. Not my fault you have low math and reading skills.

No masks for the nords. Enjoy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope you just can't read. Not my fault you have low math and reading skills.

No masks for the nords. Enjoy
    Wrong

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From the Mayo Clinic

1. Wash or sanitize your hands before and after putting on and taking off your mask.
    2. Place your mask over your mouth and nose.
    3. Tie it behind your head or use ear loops and make sure it's snug.
    4. Don't touch your mask while wearing it.
    5. If you accidentally touch your mask, wash or sanitize your hands.
    6. If your mask becomes wet or dirty, switch to a clean one. Put the used mask in a sealable bag until you can wash it.
    7. Remove the mask by untying it or lifting off the ear loops without touching the front of the mask or your face.
    8. Wash your hands immediately after removing your mask.
    9. Regularly wash your mask with soap and water by hand or in the washing machine. It's fine to launder it with other clothes.
    10. And, here are a few face mask precautions:
    11. Don't put masks on anyone who has trouble breathing, or is unconscious or otherwise unable to remove the mask without help.
    12. Don't put masks on children under 2 years of age.
    13. Don't use face masks as a subs ute for social distancing.
    14. Tips for adjusting to a face mask
    15. It can be challenging to get used to wearing a face mask. Here are some tips for making the transition:
    16. Start slow. Wear your mask at home for a short time, such as while watching television. Then wear it during a short walk. Slowly increase the time until you feel more comfortable.
    17. Find your fit. If your mask isn't comfortable or is too difficult to breathe through, consider other options. Masks come in a variety of styles and sizes.
    18. Tie one on. Instead of a face mask, try a scarf or bandanna to cover your nose and mouth.

Which are you doing? Is anyone here washing their hands before putting on the mask and when removing it?

Anyone here not touching the mask while wearing it?

Anyone washing or sanitizing hands if accidentally touching mask?

I mean, is anyone doing most of this or hardly any? And "instead of a face mask, try a bandanna or scarf"

A ing scarf? Yeah it's stupid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In studies? What about in practice? Where has it slowed the spread?

Because it's a placebo it makes people FEEL safer so they don't adhere to social distancing. That's what a placebo is. It fools the user into thinking they have something that works but obviously it doesn't since closing the distance somehow makes the droplets get through the mask.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    will never be able to tell. No experiments. And no correlation can be verified by how cases reported. Whooopppps. Should have kept accurate data

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do wash my hands before and after putting masks (I only wear masks while going out).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do wash my hands before and after putting masks (I only wear masks while going out).
    So you wear your mask in your car while driving?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Because it's a placebo it makes people FEEL safer so they don't adhere to social distancing. That's what a placebo is. It fools the user into thinking they have something that works but obviously it doesn't since closing the distance somehow makes the droplets get through the mask.
    What do you think studies are? Feel good stories? Studies are empirical tests.

I'm not going try to convince you that you're wrong. I'm only going to point out that you are.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you wear your mask in your car while driving?
    yes (granted, I don't drive much these days)

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your math is awful
    LOL thinks Fauci getting a drink of water is a big controvery

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    will never be able to tell. No experiments. And no correlation can be verified by how cases reported. Whooopppps. Should have kept accurate data
    The studies are usually extremely limited and it's interesting the percentages are not really touted much, only "shows in studies that..." yet the medication they hope fails also shows in studies that... it just isn't the bee's knees and the left dismisses it as a partisan ploy while pretending rioters sans masks cannot spread COVID yet it's important to wear masks because it helps remind us to socially distance, except in Nordic countries where it seems to have the opposite effects. Oddly, Nordic countries aren't known for personal space violation that much anyhow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A placebo has an entirely psychological effect, with no physiological effect. I know that's what you're pushing, but if masks are proven to slow down the disease (even if they don't offer immunity), their impact is clearly much more than merely psychological. Thus not a placebo.

Thread Information