Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the haters, clutch on offense, clutch on defense... what else some of y'all want?

Extend this guy already, and ship LMA's ass out in the process.
    Try not to miss FTs and stop attempting bonehead shots would be fine.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is still better than half the team, I am okay with him extending if it means getting rid of belli and Forbes. He just need to cut down on his bonehead iso and plays abit harder on the def.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You still following Kyle?
    Very occasionally. His team is not generally nationally broadcast so my chances to watch are rare and on top of that he’s been injured a lot. Missed half a season last year and is currently out. But ocassionally I do watch the Grizzlies or watch team highlights. I like some other Grizz players too so it’s not just him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very occasionally. His team is not generally nationally broadcast so my chances to watch are rare and on top of that he’s been injured a lot. Missed half a season last year and is currently out. But ocassionally I do watch the Grizzlies or watch team highlights. I like some other Grizz players too so it’s not just him.
    it's called adam silver fan page..if you ever wanna watch games outside of nationally televized. and for free

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree. He was also there during the group hug for Lonnie.

Was LA even at game? He’s traded af. Just waiting for secret physicals to happen.
    LaMarcus was sitting on the bench where he always sits. In actual game gear. Spurstalkers and their conspiracy theories, smh. Watch the game.

Yup.

Letting demar walk over the summer without an extension or a trade is gross incompetence. They would end up overpaying a worse player like Bryn. You know that Bryns 12:01 deal is coming if they can’t agree with demar.

It sucks to not trust the FO but they have made so many bad decisions these past few years. If they don’t trade demar he’s getting extended like Aldridge. Frankly I’d rather tank. Maybe I am spur of the moment blabbing but they need changes.
    True. Losing DeRozan for nothing wouldn't be ideal. I like his effort out there and he's actually playing good defense. The key thing with him is his 3-point shooting. At least he's attempting them now. I'd like to see how that progresses.
    Spurs need to move 1 of Mills/Forbes. Right now I'd say Mills, simply because of his contract, but it would depend on how much Forbes would cost if he gets resigned. As much as I dislike him playing, he would be great off the bench. He has good chemistry with Poeltl and can score in bunches. He's just not a starter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LaMarcus was sitting on the bench where he always sits. In actual game gear. Spurstalkers and their conspiracy theories, smh. Watch the game.
    Was he? I did watch game and a lot of the bench reaction since there were plenty of shots of them. Didn’t see LA once. But ok.

Speaking of conspiracies- Did y’all see when Demar was pulled for Lonnie early in third the glare DDR gave IV? Craaaazy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the haters, clutch on offense, clutch on defense... what else some of y'all want?

Extend this guy already, and ship LMA's ass out in the process.
    Not so sure about the extension but trading Lmarsha is a good start.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was he? I did watch game and a lot of the bench reaction since there were plenty of shots of them. Didn’t see LA once. But ok.

Speaking of conspiracies- Did y’all see when Demar was pulled for Lonnie early in third the glare DDR gave IV? Craaaazy.
    he dapped up Dejounte somewhere in the 2nd or 3rd quarter when he got subbed out

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I support DeRozan, understanding his upside and downside.

He's not a championship alpha male. True

He's not a reliable #1 option in a playoff game. True

Mid distance, too much dribbling, no 3pt shooting, not great defense. True

But

Willing to be better, assisting and learning team defense, always giving 100% of his capacity and ability . True.

A good teammate, unselfish but accepting his role, being able of taking the charge (and the blame) even when things doesn't go well, despite the losses and the critics. True

A very good professional who just plays ball and avoids anything else. Doing what he's expected to do based on his contract and NBA experience. True

Yeah, he's not the kind of superstar we're used to have in San Antonio but damn he's the best player of the team currently! Last season, Spurs wouldn't have been in the playoffs if not for him and this season he's being the best on the court again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you look at the 4th quarter and the OTs objectively you would agree that he missed a lot of crucial makeable shots, including a potential game winner. The charge was nice and so were the 2 consecutive free throws but I wouldn't call his performance cluth or great by any means.
    in crunch time i cringed every time derozan got the ball because i knew he figured he had to do it all when it was lonnie's coming out party. either way, we won and i thought derozan was a main cog in our success last night over a more formidable foe.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope he gets traded.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA’s more valuable in the trade market AND he’s more expendable than DDR. Make a trade!!!
    This. Demar needs a reliable big - looking at LMA's history, he's not the droid we're looking for.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LaMarcus was sitting on the bench where he always sits. In actual game gear. Spurstalkers and their conspiracy theories, smh.

Re-Watched the game. Here’s the glare by DDR and what do you know there’s LA. I honestly did not see him on bench at all in second half doe. I was just joking about the glare tho. Also it was in 2nd not third quarter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    U guys are so easily fooled... If u really think DDR will lead us anywhere past the first or second round, u must not have been watching his performances in the EAST while he was in his prime... Dude is trash and empty calories... The team played better with him not taking over, and would have probably won by more if he wasn't playing... The eye test and advanced stats that show he is a career net negative player should be reason enough to trade IMMEDIATELY... Do we have to go through another season of failure? Wasn't his whole career enough?
    Dude I've been watching NBA for a very long time and still follow it pretty regularly. Yes DD was the ultimate underachiever time after time. But I have to disagree with you that the guy is just trash no matter what. They guy should not be the team star BUT... he's still such a good SG that it's possible for him to play like an Alpha from time to time. He's a Robin not Batman. Nothing wrong with being a great #2 just like Manu and Tony were both really #2's. Who can you think of.. realistically that we can get in return that would be better than him? Who's our true alpha?

DD is way overrated and underrated at the same time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I understand the sentiment to ship out both LMA and DDR...and there is merit to it.

But they still carry the bulk of the scoring load most nights.

Try to imagine the Spurs with no DeMar or LaMarcus...who puts up 20 a night? Murray? Lonnie? White?

Forbes?

I think all of those guys are capable of doing it occasionally...but I'm not yet convinced that they can do it on a night-by-night basis. For all his warts, DeRozan is still generally capable of doing that. And you gotta score in today's NBA to compete.

Ideally, without them we'd be able to bring in another scorer as a free agent...but the Spurs' record in the market isn't exactly stellar either.

Not saying one or both doesn't need to go...but just trying to consider the team makeup without them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs should play DMDR at the four as much as they can get away with. His reluctance to shoots threes is mostly a non-issue at PF, and even with his slow feet, he moves fast enough to check perimeter bigs. Issue is his size and the Spurs' lack of floor-spacing guards who aren't defensive liabilities. I think a way that Pop will try to work Walker into the rotation is by running more four-guard units. Lyles is playing well and definitely has made a case for getting some of Gay's minutes. But against a lot of teams, his greater size isn't needed, and his perimeter skills, while great for his position, aren't the same as having a dominant ball-handler.

Thread Information