Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526 LastLast
    Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    lol at people blaming his teammates, PSG is short handed and missing Neymar
    Yes and they still had mbappe and conceded four times. Messi wasn't amazing at all, but it's sad that he was still better than 90% of the team. The fact that Ter Stegen was getting MOTM despite conceding 4 tells how many times the backline has doomed this club in recent years. Alba, Pique, and Busquets should never ever start for this team. Major change should have happened after Anfield. Messi was not the issue. Gonna take years to fix this backline.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    lol at people blaming his teammates, PSG is short handed and missing Neymar
    Imagine if Neymar plays, it's 8-2 part II

Like i usually say, even when Ronaldo gets eliminated from the CL, he always goes down swinging. Midget is the only one who consistently shows no production in elimination games and barely faces any backlash from media and fans It's always his teammates

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    Imagine if Neymar plays, it's 8-2 part II

Like i usually say, even when Ronaldo gets eliminated from the CL, he always goes down swinging. Midget is the only one who consistently shows no production in elimination games and barely faces any backlash from media and fans It's always his teammates

Going down swinging to Lyon

At least Messi loses to the team that’s beat everyone else anyway most of the time.

And again, Ronaldo never had a defense this bad. If anything Juventus’s biggest issue is not scoring enough goals, they don’t concede enough to be humiliated

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Yes and they still had mbappe and conceded four times. Messi wasn't amazing at all, but it's sad that he was still better than 90% of the team. The fact that Ter Stegen was getting MOTM despite conceding 4 tells how many times the backline has doomed this club in recent years. Alba, Pique, and Busquets should never ever start for this team. Major change should have happened after Anfield. Messi was not the issue. Gonna take years to fix this backline.
    « they had Mbappe »

Messi has Griezzman

And did AS Roma have Mbappe?
    No they had the corpses of ex-EPL players

At this point Messi stans are running our of excuses

Look, nobody is arguing Messi’s qualities, he is an amazing talent and has a high football I.Q but he is a certified choker and he is not a leader

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    « they had Mbappe »

Messi has Griezzman

And did AS Roma have Mbappe?
    No they had the corpses of ex-EPL players

At this point Messi stans are running our of excuses

Look, nobody is arguing Messi’s qualities, he is an amazing talent and has a high football I.Q but he is a certified choker and he is not a leader

Look, you guys come up with excuses for Ronaldo (who is the greatest cl player of all time) when his teams choke against Ajax and Lyon. And Juventus were HEAVILY favoured against Ajax and Lyon. But Ronaldo has NEVER had to deal with a defense this bad. Who did Lyon have? Ajax also didn’t have anyone close to mbappe’s level.

And I’m not even saying the loss today isn’t bad (it’s humiliating, imagine if Neymar played) but the reality is I agree Messi was pathetic against Roma. That was the worst match of his career in that second leg.

Today, despite Barcelona’s failings he was still the best attacking player and it wasn’t even close:

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/15...-Saint-Germain

As for griezmann, he’s been a bust. He’s played better since the new year, but I can hardly remember the last match against a decent side where you say “Griezmann outshone Messi”. At least with Neymar you can say he was Barca’s best player in the psg comeback.

Ronaldo is getting knocked out by the Lyons of the world, Juventus are barely hanging on to a top 4 spot and have their lowest trophy count in years. I have zero issue saying Ronaldo has a better mentality than Messi. However what I’m hoping even his biggest fans have finally learned is that no one player can do it himself. At least when Ronaldo played poorly/went missing Eder, Ramos, bale, and Benzema had crucial goals. For Messi you had it sometimes on recent years with Suarez, but only had one away CL goal over a 3 year period. Even this year in CL with a new team Suarez has been bad (amazing in the league though)

And this is why I always say Messi and Ronaldo deserve better than their current squads. They are wasting away with teams who have a low ceiling. At least Ronaldo’s team can defend. I mean Barca scored 4 against Roma, 3 against Liverpool, and even if it’s just 2 against Bayern that’s more than any other team put past them in CL. Which isn’t to say I thought Barca’s attack was great against Bayern. But the underlying trend here is that the defense is beyond atrocious. Ronaldo has never had a defense this terrible. I honestly don’t think if you swapped Ronaldo with Messi on this current Barca squad they’d be beating Liverpool or Bayern. Ronaldo wouldn’t be getting service from anyone on Barca outside of low crosses from Alba because Messi is the service. Messi has been papering over so many cracks on this squad. I actually think his 2019 season was crazy underrated despite him winning ballon d’or because that team had zero business winning the league or being a goal away from a CL final.

I’m Barca till the death and wish Messi the best when he leaves, but this team’s defense is a dumpster fire. And until that gets solved these humiliations will always continue to happen.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Lionel Harden looked like a world beater just 3 days ago when facing Alaves When the going gets rough and facing elite compe ion, he does his usual disappearing act

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Look, you guys come up with excuses for Ronaldo (who is the greatest cl player of all time) when his teams choke against Ajax and Lyon. And Juventus were HEAVILY favoured against Ajax and Lyon. But Ronaldo has NEVER had to deal with a defense this bad. Who did Lyon have? Ajax also didn’t have anyone close to mbappe’s level.

And I’m not even saying the loss today isn’t bad (it’s humiliating, imagine if Neymar played) but the reality is I agree Messi was pathetic against Roma. That was the worst match of his career in that second leg.

Today, despite Barcelona’s failings he was still the best attacking player and it wasn’t even close:

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/15...-Saint-Germain

As for griezmann, he’s been a bust. He’s played better since the new year, but I can hardly remember the last match against a decent side where you say “Griezmann outshone Messi”. At least with Neymar you can say he was Barca’s best player in the psg comeback.

Ronaldo is getting knocked out by the Lyons of the world, Juventus are barely hanging on to a top 4 spot and have their lowest trophy count in years. I have zero issue saying Ronaldo has a better mentality than Messi. However what I’m hoping even his biggest fans have finally learned is that no one player can do it himself. At least when Ronaldo played poorly/went missing Eder, Ramos, bale, and Benzema had crucial goals. For Messi you had it sometimes on recent years with Suarez, but only had one away CL goal over a 3 year period. Even this year in CL with a new team Suarez has been bad (amazing in the league though)

And this is why I always say Messi and Ronaldo deserve better than their current squads. They are wasting away with teams who have a low ceiling. At least Ronaldo’s team can defend. I mean Barca scored 4 against Roma, 3 against Liverpool, and even if it’s just 2 against Bayern that’s more than any other team put past them in CL. Which isn’t to say I thought Barca’s attack was great against Bayern. But the underlying trend here is that the defense is beyond atrocious. Ronaldo has never had a defense this terrible. I honestly don’t think if you swapped Ronaldo with Messi on this current Barca squad they’d be beating Liverpool or Bayern. Ronaldo wouldn’t be getting service from anyone on Barca outside of low crosses from Alba because Messi is the service. Messi has been papering over so many cracks on this squad. I actually think his 2019 season was crazy underrated despite him winning ballon d’or because that team had zero business winning the league or being a goal away from a CL final.

I’m Barca till the death and wish Messi the best when he leaves, but this team’s defense is a dumpster fire. And until that gets solved these humiliations will always continue to happen.
    You can go ahead and add this 4-1 loss to Lionel Harden's incredible list of CL choke jobs

The 2nd half of Midget's career without Xavi and Iniesta is nowhere near GOAT caliber. Nothing but choke jobs without Xavi and Iniesta holding his hand. Absolute shambles

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    damn

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count

Imagine your leader is sporting a neckbeard in the UEFA Champions League.

I hate it. A true European must shave in the morning even a bit for style.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Missi just watching his future teammates take Barcelona for a ride, tbh

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count

Imagine your leader is sporting a neckbeard in the UEFA Champions League.

I hate it. A true European must shave in the morning even a bit for style.
    I knew you would post something like this

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count
    I knew you would post something like this
    I honestly have no horse in the race. Most Europeans marvel at the non-European so Maradona and Messi.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    I honestly have no horse in the race. Most Europeans marvel at the non-European so Maradona and Messi.
    I meant the style part lol

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count
    I meant the style part lol
    This serious La Jigga conversation

Messi playstyle last longer than Ronaldo so still on path. He needs to leave for the clubs sake. Not even shaving to work...

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    This serious La Jigga conversation

Messi playstyle last longer than Ronaldo so still on path. He needs to leave for the clubs sake. Not even shaving to work...

It’s like when you put your 2 weeks notice and just waiting for that second Friday to roll around

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Meanwhile Bid Naldo just casually eliminated a le contender from the cup

https://youtu.be/wk5w6SSoP08

Bynumite analyze this imo

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count

It’s like when you put your 2 weeks notice and just waiting for that second Friday to roll around
    Lol I’ve been lazy AF lately I need to shave my beard off, because even though it looks good on me, I’ve found out that beard maintenance is actually more work than shaving lol

My Team
    Russia
    Post Count
    Team leader Messi will inspire his team. Barcelona is going to come back with an epic 4-0 win. Messi with hat-trick and assist.

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    Lol I’ve been lazy AF lately I need to shave my beard off, because even though it looks good on me, I’ve found out that beard maintenance is actually more work than shaving lol
    Haha my beard can get scraggly quickly which sucks so I try to keep it low trimmed. However, sometimes I'd rather just shave it off but I feel like I look like I'm 12 when clean shaven

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    Meanwhile Bid Naldo just casually eliminated a le contender from the cup

https://youtu.be/wk5w6SSoP08

Bynumite analyze this imo
    But failed against Napoli in the league this past weekend where Ronaldo was poor and are just another loss away from finishing with a Europa league spot

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Haha my beard can get scraggly quickly which sucks so I try to keep it low trimmed. However, sometimes I'd rather just shave it off but I feel like I look like I'm 12 when clean shaven
    I look ok clean shaven when I'm in shape, but I remember once shaving after sporting a beard for months when I had a few extra pounds and I regretted it

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Interesting

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count

Cristiano in RED

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Wenger : Messi needs more help, even against Cadiz