Post Count
    Murray numbers next season...

13.7ppg, 5.7rpg, 4.4apg

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

13.7ppg, 5.7rpg, 4.4apg
    sounds completely reasonable. To me that sounds like a 18ish million a year player, 25 a year at that production would give me nightmares if I was PATFO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

13.7ppg, 5.7rpg, 4.4apg
    Sounds about right, with some great metrics

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

13.7ppg, 5.7rpg, 4.4apg
    I see him having a higher rebound:point ratio. He'll threaten double-doubles if he gets minutes. Maybe eightish a game?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

13.7ppg, 5.7rpg, 4.4apg
    I expect his ppg production to be more modest, imho.

sounds completely reasonable. To me that sounds like a 18ish million a year player, 25 a year at that production would give me nightmares if I was PATFO
    Of course that type of production isn't worth a 100/4 contract. I don't know the is Chinook smoking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see him having a higher rebound:point ratio. He'll threaten double-doubles if he gets minutes. Maybe eightish a game?
    Can't see 8 over a whole season from a PG... that's historic level numbers from that position...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Give it a rest DAF. I'm not going in circles with you about yet another pointless discussion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't see 8 over a whole season from a PG... that's historic level numbers from that position...
    He averaged 9.5 per-36 two years ago. Maybe he doesn't match that in more minutes. But in a staring role getting 30 MPG, he should get a lot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Being optimistic, I expect, at best, 12 ppg, 7 rpg and 4 apg.

And that's being really optimistic. Most realistic scenario is he won't even average that. You have to consider this little fact that he will be freshly coming off an entire season where he didn't play because he torn his ing ACL apart. He will be in minutes restriction, he might not even start, he, very likely, won't even play over 20 minutes per game. How is he suppossed to earn a 100/4 contract like that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Give it a rest DAF. I'm not going in circles with you about yet another pointless discussion.
    You didn't need to go into any circles, tbh. You could just posted the numbers you think he will average to command a 100/4 contract and this argument would have been over long ago.

The problem is that you already realized you were talking out of your ass, just for the sake of winning the other argument (the "it's good to let people walk sometimes" one) but you don't have the balls to say: "yeah, I might have exaggerated a little with the figures there".

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

And that's being really optimistic. Most realistic scenario is he won't even average that. You have to consider this little fact that he will be freshly coming off an entire season where he didn't play because he torn his ing ACL apart. He will be in minutes restriction, he might not even start, he, very likely, won't even play over 20 minutes per game. How is he suppossed to earn a 100/4 contract like that?
    u right, but numbers will be much lower. i expect sth around 8ppg/4rpg/3apg. Guys who think murray will be back and put such a numbers like he deserve 100/4 are funny

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    u right, but numbers will be much lower. i expect sth around 8ppg/4rpg/2-3apg. Guys who think murray will be back and put such a numbers like he deserve 100/4 are funny
    Yeah, most likely.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

13.7ppg, 5.7rpg, 4.4apg

And that's being really optimistic.

If he comes close to these numbers and is reasonably efficient and still playing great defense, I'd call that a very successful season. And if D White does something like 12/4/4, the Spurs will surprise a lot of people.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.basketball-reference.com...rder_by=season

I'll just leave this here. But yeah, keep thinking you know what NBA contracts are worth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he comes close to these numbers and is reasonably efficient and still playing great defense, I'd call that a very successful season. And if D White does something like 12/4/4, the Spurs will surprise a lot of people.
    White will be putting over 14 ppg, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'll just leave this here. But yeah, keep thinking you know what NBA contracts are worth.
    What is that suppossed to show son?

If you don't want to keep going in circles all you need to post is the pts, rbds and assts you think Murray will average, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is that suppossed to show son? If you don't want to keep going in circles all you need to post is the pts, rbds and assts you think Murray will average, tbh.
    It shows your "generous" estimates for Murray would make him a max player. Can't you read the type of stats you were hiding behind during that Bertans thread?

Simply put, he doesn't have to do much to get $100 Million. Even your estimates got him there. Why do you want mine?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White’s numbers next season....

15.8ppg, 4.3rpg, 4.7apg

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It shows your "generous" estimates for Murray would make him a max player. Can't you read the type of stats you were hiding behind during that Bertans thread?

Simply put, he doesn't have to do much to get $100 Million. Even your estimates got him there. Why do you want mine?
    Not counting that Murray's premier stats include steals.
    FWIW, Five Thirty Eight has Murray as a $100M/5year value.

I think most of these ST Murray projection are too optimistic because of minutes. I expect Murray's minutes to be slightly more than Gay's 1231 in 2017-18, no b2b, eased in at the beginning of the season. I do expect improvement in the per 36 stats, particularly changing TOs to assists.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FWIW, if this team is ultimately successful everyone's numbers will be somewhat lower than expected as the key will be balance. Its quite probably no one averages over 20 ppg on this team in the upcoming season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not counting that Murray's premier stats include steals.
    FWIW, Five Thirty Eight has Murray as a $100M/5year value.

I think most of these ST Murray projection are too optimistic because of minutes. I expect Murray's minutes to be slightly more than Gay's 1231 in 2017-18, no b2b, eased in at the beginning of the season. I do expect improvement in the per 36 stats, particularly changing TOs to assists.
    To me it all depends on who starts. If DeJounte starts and especially if DeRozan is moved, I think he will average double-digit points, eightish boards and a handful of assists. People in general will pay more for his impact stats, and PATFO will pay more on top of that for his loyalty.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

There isn't a single 12, 7, 4 guy on that list. (also, those were my "extremely optimistic" stats, tbh).

The closest guy to 12 pts is Walton with 13 pts but he also had 13 rbds and 5 assists.

Also, I want to know what you think Murray will average because you must really trust him since you "really believe" he will get a 100/4 contract, tbh.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This argument is holy molly poor, murray stats isnt even close to that (and probably never be)+ hes coming back from acl, dude pls stop it. One overpaid dude in a team is enough (mills).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This argument is holy molly poor, murray stats isnt even close to that (and probably never be)+ hes coming back from acl, dude pls stop it. One overpaid dude in a team is enough (mills).
    Murray averaged 14/9/5 per-36. I get not believing in him and all that. Maybe he doesn't come back. But if he puts up the numbers listed, he'll get $100 Million. That's just how the market works. Thinking he isn't good enough is one thing, but not understanding how good you have to be to get $100 Million is another.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Surprised no one brought up Brogdan yet since he's the most obvious counter-counter example.

Thread Information