Page 92 of 110 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102 ... LastLast
Results 2,276 to 2,300 of 2730
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can the Spurs trade for Collins from Atlanta? Not sure they need all the PFs they have signed and the one the drafted from USC.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What I’m saying is I don’t think Sa truly tried. They no doubt shopped him and DDR and I thought the tide had truly turned. I am frankly shocked DDR is here to be honest and said as much. I thought it was 99% sure. But evidently DDR got spooked by perceived lack of interest in FA (which imo was wrong; he would have gotten paid like Hayward or close) and opted in.

SA “shopped” but asked for so much in return that it was never realistic these guys were moved. They were willing to trade but only if the package was so lopsided in their favor they could not say no. That’s because the thought of losing even 5-10 more games without lma or DDr was so unpalatable even though they added nothing to push the win total higher either.

Had nothing to do with taking on a deal that might hurt cap space some and more to do with a FO stuck firmly in the middle.
    Just a question, Dude, do you have any source on this whatsoever? Or are you talking straight out your ass? As far as I'm aware, no reports came out on Spurs' demands in trade scenarios, not even vague ones like "yeah they're asking for a lot...". Seems like you're just assuming that no trades went down because of that.

Anyways, back to studying.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What I’m saying is I don’t think Sa truly tried. They no doubt shopped him and DDR and I thought the tide had truly turned. I am frankly shocked DDR is here to be honest and said as much. I thought it was 99% sure. But evidently DDR got spooked by perceived lack of interest in FA (which imo was wrong; he would have gotten paid like Hayward or close) and opted in.

SA “shopped” but asked for so much in return that it was never realistic these guys were moved. They were willing to trade but only if the package was so lopsided in their favor they could not say no. That’s because the thought of losing even 5-10 more games without lma or DDr was so unpalatable even though they added nothing to push the win total higher either.

Had nothing to do with taking on a deal that might hurt cap space some and more to do with a FO stuck firmly in the middle.
    Man, it's just sickening how much PATFO overvalue their players.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m on the same mind of thought as you and Gambit. Westbrook would fit with our team tremendously well. We would have to get rid of DDR of course, but a tough leader like Westbrook who shows the young guys how hard they should be working, who is able to drive and kick, and still has stiff left in the tank. The dude dragged in OKC to the playoffs, I have no doubt he could do if for us this year. If playoffs really is the Spurs goal.
    Westbrook is no different to Derozan in the sense that he will demand way too many possesions.

Problem is, with Demar, there is at least light evidence that he might be content with taking a back seat next year (although probably taking over in crunchtime). Westbrook wants to be traded to a team where he can be as dominant as he's been with OKC the last few years. Plus that contract.

All in all - hard pass. I'd much rather have them go for a try with the bubble crew and Samanic & Vassel instead of getting themselves into a new albatross contract situation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m on the same mind of thought as you and Gambit. Westbrook would fit with our team tremendously well. We would have to get rid of DDR of course, but a tough leader like Westbrook who shows the young guys how hard they should be working, who is able to drive and kick, and still has stiff left in the tank. The dude dragged in OKC to the playoffs, I have no doubt he could do if for us this year. If playoffs really is the Spurs goal.
    Yup agreed. If you do the ddr/Murray/Gay for Westbrook/Tucker trade it actually meshes really well with the young players on the roster. Getting rid of DDR and Murray makes room for KJ and Vassell to get minutes. Tucker fills a serious need at PF and Westbrook does exactly what you said. His aggressiveness and defense will help kJ, Vassell, Walker, and white to get better and have that killer instinct. Think the below team would compete very well and you’d have Mills, LMA, Tucker and Lyles expiring contracts worth around $53M to work with in the offseason. Still won’t happen but I do think the Greek freak would more inclined to join this team then the one we currently have.

PG-westbrook, Jones
    SG-White, Walker, Mills
    SF-KJ, Vassell
    PF-Tucker, Lyles
    C-LMA, Poetl, Eubanks

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn so many dumb s on this board..

en trading wall and 1st.. en no once wall and a 1st round pick ain't worth that contract

Same with HArden. IF people wanted him they be more than willing...but it happening

Same with Westbrook

To many damn Dumbass on here.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't believe people still want Westbrook. Would help if you watched some basketball games other than the Spurs. He's awful.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Harden is a legit superstar player. Anyone who would prefer Westbrook or John Wall over him is nuts. And anyone who would even want Westbrook or Wall who hasn't played in two years is even more nuts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs need to trade but avoid Wall, Westbrooke and Harden. Each has issues and it is not accident last two have been traded or moved or don't get along with teammates. Living in DC you do not want Wall who at his best was the fastest player in the league but never developed as he could of and then wants to bail at team that supported him. No thanks. Brick is all about stats. Harden could be the best of the lot as some said he stepped up his defense recently but he freezes an entire teams offense and will stunt development of the team. That being said he is the best of the lot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can the Spurs trade for Collins from Atlanta? Not sure they need all the PFs they have signed and the one the drafted from USC.
    I dont think so. John Collins is 2nd best player there more then solid. What is Your offer? White?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Westbrook and Harden have come up short in the playoffs time after time... don't we already have a version of that in Demar?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [QUOTE=Sugus;10349761]Just a question, Dude, do you have any source on this whatsoever? Or are you talking straight out your ass? As far as I'm aware, no reports came out on Spurs' demands in trade scenarios, not even vague ones like "yeah they're asking for a lot...". Seems like you're just assuming that no trades went down because of that.

I don't think he's making this up. I think he has a source that's feeding him bull . I know people that work for an NBA team and although they have no inner knowledge of the spurs some of the stuff that gets passed a long here they laugh at. He was wrong about DeMar being gone no matter what and now it seems like he keeps doubling down on it because of it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont think so. John Collins is 2nd best player there more then solid. What is Your offer? White?
    Well they traded for Capella, signed Danilo, and drafted that guy from USC who all play the same position as Collins. Supposedly the Hawks don’t want to or can’t see signing him to the extension Collins wants.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There was a time to trade and it seems like it has mostly passed. If LMA and DD both play well, then will this give the FO more reason to trade them or actually less? I'm not holding my breath for a trade, personally. I just hope these two players don't take up too many minutes that should go to younger players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well they traded for Capella, signed Danilo, and drafted that guy from USC who all play the same position as Collins. Supposedly the Hawks don’t want to or can’t see signing him to the extension Collins wants.
    He wants the max. Do you want to trade assets for him and then sign him at the max? He's nowhere near worth what he wants.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Funniest thing you'll hear today about the Spurs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought people here want to win les? Why are y'all talking about trading for Westbrook then?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There was a time to trade and it seems like it has mostly passed. If LMA and DD both play well, then will this give the FO more reason to trade them or actually less? I'm not holding my breath for a trade, personally. I just hope these two players don't take up too many minutes that should go to younger players.

With Pop expecting minutes to go to deserving young and promising players over decrepit Vets?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He wants the max. Do you want to trade assets for him and then sign him at the max? He's nowhere near worth what he wants.
    Hawks are stuck in a classic dilemma now, with two guys in Collins and Young who put up big flashy offensive numbers and aren't too impressive on the defensive end, to put it mildly. Both guys will expect max contracts despite combining to lead the Hawks to one of the worst records in the NBA. Collins would be scary in between LeBron & AD, but in almost any other situation I just see a scenario like the Hawks, & a team that's pretty average. This is why I was opposed to drafting Toppin-- I see the same future for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought people here want to win les? Why are y'all talking about trading for Westbrook then?
    We ain’t winning les And we ain’t out tanking the bad teams either. I don’t mind making the playoffs and losing in the early rounds as long as we are exciting to watch. Ice and D-Rob 90s years are looked at very fondly even tho we never made it to the Finals or won a chip. Tim Duncan isn’t walking through those doors again.

I would take on Westbrook, and actually living here in Houston, I did see him play and he was awesome before he got Corona. Dude was putting up insane numbers and leading the Rockets to wins. The fact that they were in the mix for the 3rd seed shows how awesome he was playing considering nobody was taller than 6’5 in the line up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Funniest thing you'll hear today about the Spurs
    "Spurs lost Belinelli"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just a question, Dude, do you have any source on this whatsoever? Or are you talking straight out your ass? As far as I'm aware, no reports came out on Spurs' demands in trade scenarios, not even vague ones like "yeah they're asking for a lot...". Seems like you're just assuming that no trades went down because of that.

1) no I do not personally have any direct sources.

2) there were reports last year that sas asking price was insane

3) people I trust with sources have told me various things that shape this opinion of mine

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    les? lol. The current team is nowhere near that. Even if ddr and LMA walk and we overpay for Collins and another player in the off-season, that team is also nowhere near les.

As is, the spurs won’t make the playoffs...probably finish 10th in west. If you made a DDR/Murray/Gay for Westbrook/Tucker trade the spurs should make the playoffs (probably 5-6th seed) and would likely lose in the 2nd round. That’s really what we’re talking about here. No playoffs or 2nd round loss with an exciting tough team.

If the team wants to win now and at the same time grow the young guys this trade does that. The team will no doubt win more games and getting rid of DDR opens up valuable minutes for the young wings. You’d also have $53M open up at the end of the season. Assuming the team wants to win more games and grow the young players...this works.

saying all that, I obviously know that the FO isn’t going to do and what we have now is what we’ll have during the season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We ain’t winning les And we ain’t out tanking the bad teams either. I don’t mind making the playoffs and losing in the early rounds as long as we are exciting to watch. Ice and D-Rob 90s years are looked at very fondly even tho we never made it to the Finals or won a chip. Tim Duncan isn’t walking through those doors again.

I would take on Westbrook, and actually living here in Houston, I did see him play and he was awesome before he got Corona. Dude was putting up insane numbers and leading the Rockets to wins. The fact that they were in the mix for the 3rd seed shows how awesome he was playing considering nobody was taller than 6’5 in the line up.
    Yes exactly. I’d take 90s spurs with an exciting team over a constant annual loop of finishing 8-12 in the west every year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People get so bent out of shape with the fact that pop loves DeRozan and LMA. Just accept it.

Thread Information